Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Valley11 said:
    Coaching philosophy etc…

https://youtu.be/7sKFHELgNFQ
    Very impressive.

I suggest people watch this if you’re unsure about him.

Minute 20 onwards is particularly interesting.
  • Options
    Let it Be. That's the Name of the Game.
    The Beatles & ABBA! 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Can confirm they're still interviewing. Doesn't seem as set in stone as it appears. 
    Possibly in case Garner doesn't sign for any reason.

Ben Garner's Partner has just looked on Twitter and said to Ben that maybe the roundabouts aren't so bad in Swindon. 
    Magic!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Coaching philosophy etc…

https://youtu.be/7sKFHELgNFQ
    Very impressive.

I suggest people watch this if you’re unsure about him.

Minute 20 onwards is particularly interesting.
    Yeah he sounds I’m much like that infamous Russell Martin interview where he talks about ‘plan b’ and people basically saying lob a big boy up top.

Honestly we’ve not had a manager who really has had a philosophy like this. For me personally, it’s exciting to hear someone talk more than just ‘running hard’, ‘playing for the badge’ etc - and more about tactical intelligence and psychology. 

I am very intrigued to see how it works out. 

Also have a feeling Fraser will thrive under him. 
    I had the exact same thought. Although we'll need a few additions around him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Underwhelmed and a bit surprised but I am hoping he can prove us wrong. He has decent experience and hopefully than can translate, but obviously most of us wouldn’t have picked him from the list of associated names.
  • Options
    I thought TS said we were looking at signing someone higher profile.., the man cannot help but put his foot in his mouth time after time.

underwhelming just doesn't even begin to describe it. TS a malicious Palace fan intending to turn us in to Clown Town FC?
  • Options
    Hope this isn't why we extended Davison 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Garner is still being considered. But is up against a lot more quality candidates. Doesn't mean he won't get the job, just passing on what I'm being told...
    So I guess the question is, who leaked the story and for what purpose...?
    Can only assume it's come from the other side. Don't believe Cawley has been told anything by the club since the recruitment process began. Obviously don't know for sure though. 
  • Options
    Tbf to him he is one of them coaches where the more you read the more you can get behind it, but still a bit of a wet flannel of an appointment (that could be the best flannel?)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate knows a Swindon player , I've asked him about the fella , will report back if he gets a reply .
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Oz, really?