Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    cs1986 said:
    Well people were right that we were waiting for the season to be finished.... just the league 2 season ffs
    League 2 is not done yet, play off final on Saturday, just got my tickets!
    Good point lol
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    TS has just confirmed to me the reports are incorrect. 
    Sorry. Who are you?
    Martin, you know his son.
  • Options
    Expectations can't get much lower.
  • Options
    "Did I say Garner? Sorry, meant Garburton..... must be my Dano/Yanko accent....."
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Would not be like Cawley to jump the gun. Makes you wonder what is going on.
    We have agreed terms with Swindon but it's not 100% done, until then it's not done.  WIIOTOS :smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Well, at least the Rovers fans rate him!

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Sorry. Who are you?
    Martin, you know his son.
    I know Martin's son? Whose Martin?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let it Be. That's the Name of the Game.
  • Options
    Anyone, player or manager with Palace on their CV has been shit for us for years.  For that reason alone I am dissapointed.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:

JR, you have had the hot line since the beginning with TS and thanks for passing on your information. Some wires has been crossed somewhere between TS and Cawley ? 
  • Options
    BET VICTOR HAS REMOVED NEXT CHARLTON MANAGER BET - so it’s happening- WELCOME GARNER 
  • Options
    A bit of a shambles at Bristol Rovers, but he did a decent enough job at Swindon considering what he started with last summer

I can see the attraction to TS of someone who plays a passing and possession game, as our football last season was rubbish. And I've previously stated that I want a COACH in charge of the team, someone who improves individuals, and it seems that he does this
  • Options
    BET VICTOR HAS REMOVED NEXT CHARLTON MANAGER BET - so it’s happening- WELCOME GARNER 

• Options

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Can confirm they're still interviewing. Doesn't seem as set in stone as it appears. 
    Possibly in case Garner doesn't sign for any reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Makes ya laugh people talking about Beale, as if!

He was never going to leave Villa for us, get real!

• Options
    I think I need a lie down, goodnight all!

• Options
    we’ve got to give him at least 10 games before writing him off..surely?
  • Options
    They will re-open it if and when it isn't confirmed. It's just that they can't offer a price on Garner but, equally, can't leave the book up without him in it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Although I was the first to say he would be a good choice (get me on the sheet @Dazzler21) and one of the first to say it's a cracking appointment.

Can I be the first to say I never wanted him anyway if it doesn't happen?
    Surely you're not actually trying to claim an ITK by saying he would be a decent appointment? That's a Ronnie Moore comment that. 

And no, you're backing it up, so if he fails you look a fool now pal ;)
  • Options
    Anyone, player or manager with Palace on their CV has been shit for us for years.  For that reason alone I am dissapointed.

Chris Powell?
  • Options