Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I feel more persuaded by this appointment than I did about dear Nigel Adkins, so for me that's a start.
    I wish him well, why not? If he does well we do well.
    What will his chant be?
    Sacked in the morning.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I want a young, progressive, attacking coach.

nO nOt ThAt OnE!!!

Some people need a reality check.

IMO this is a very good appointment.  You will be surprised.
    I'd have given JJ more time, and of course we don't know how his might have looked after a transfer window, but IMO he's not the type to get a team dominating possession while also being the leagues top scorers. He was similar to Powell in that way for me - aim to get a team motivated and organised, rather than stand out as a coach improving players, a great tactician or someone who has a philosophy of attractive football. Nothing wrong with that as it's worked for us in the past, but plenty of us were fed up of teams like Cambridge and Cheltenham outpassing us weren't we?

Really hope you're right. Good sign that he appears to be bringing his two assistants.
  • Options
    Didn’t Swindon have one of the biggest budgets in league 2? 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    So hold on. Was our main reason for getting him in because he got 7 or 8 players in at short notice and did alright?

Unfathomable.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Can confirm they're still interviewing. Doesn't seem as set in stone as it appears. 
    Huh?
    Mentioned Garner to sandgaard just now and be responded saying btw we're still interviewing...
    Hmmmmm something doesnt add up rich cawley wouldnt put all that out there and in depth if he wasnt sure

maybe sandgaard wants to gauge the reaction first or hes going to keep offer on table to garner knowing hes accepted and choose over next couple days with whoever else
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    You lot are some of the most miserable people on the planet….
    We’re Charlton fans. We were born into a life of misery. Our favourite band is Garbage and our favourite song is ‘I’m only happy when it rains’
  • Options
    Curbs should love this one, his team takes plenty of shots 
  • Options
    40 plus points by Christmas or he’ll be out the door, Thomas is trigger happy.
  • Options
    Well people were right that we were waiting for the season to be finished.... just the league 2 season ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Addick_8 said:
    And still couldn't make it to Wembley.
    Neither did MK Dons with similar stats, maybe we should have gone for Ainsworth?
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Well people were right that we were waiting for the season to be finished.... just the league 2 season ffs
    League 2 is not done yet, play off final on Saturday, just got my tickets!
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    TS has just confirmed to me the reports are incorrect. 
    This is brilliant. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Kin hell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    This'll be massive for Thomas. If it's true that we're bringing Garner in, it proves he's a bullshitter, if it's not true the hunt continues and it seems we're maybe not acting fast enough, but not rushing into anything.

Truly hope it is the latter.
  • Options
    Underwhelmed but then some of the stats of his Swindon side are very impressive. Bristol Rovers not so, maybe cut him a bit of slack as it was his first managerial job. Signed young hungry players and got them into the play offs, exactly what most of our fans have been calling for from us. Definitely deserves a chance, and first we need Sandgaard needs to bring some quality players in. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    Sorry. Who are you?
    He's in direct contact with Thomas. Has been since Thomas took ownership.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Can confirm they're still interviewing. Doesn't seem as set in stone as it appears. 
    Huh?
    Mentioned Garner to sandgaard just now and be responded saying btw we're still interviewing...

Has Cawley got it wrong or is paperwork still needed to be passed between Swindon and Charlton over compensation before
    WIOTOS ? A mystery ?