Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I am concerned about what happens to Jason Euell.
    Do you support good chaps or the football club?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Swindon are working with a DoF model so any previous concerns Garner had about Bradford re: wanting control over transfers may longer be the case 4-5 years later.
  • Options
    Fucking dreadful. Wife and her family are Rovers fans, he was useless there. Hated.
  • Options
    Swindon are working with a DoF model so any previous concerns Garner had about Bradford re: wanting control over transfers may longer be the case 4-5 years later.
    Pragmatism at the way the game has evolved perhaps.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1lDxLLrDqDLxm

Listening to this. Swindon fans sound absolutely gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he’s the new man then we need to get behind him and see what transpires. Welcome Ben.
    Poor bastard. I feel sorry for him. 
  • Options
    He didn't refuse Bradford because of control over transfers. 

He wanted control of the team, could be seen as a bit of a difference. 
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    i can’t explain why but this feels like a Russell Slade moment 
    Got disaster written all over it. 
  • Options
    🤯
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    If appointed , we’ll have to get behind
    him, but realistically will he make it past Christmas?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ben Garner actually ticks a lot of boxes.

"he's a phenomenal person. He's a top, top coach, his attention to detail is unreal and he sees things that we don't see. He's a class act all around".

Very much focused on developing young players.  Similar back ground to Beale in that he has a lot of coaching experience despite being quite young.

Knows the area as well so would pass the sat nav test.
    #boom 
    Boom when he does well, not yet 
  • Options
    Would never dismiss him and wish him well, but can’t believe he was first choice.  Does TS know something we don’t?

I will give him 100% support and hope he does well, but he seems like we don’t really have much of a plan on the football side under TS.  

Just my opinion, but I think it’s good intentions without a footballing foundation to push us further on.

Hoping I’m wrong and we push on now, and at least we’ve got someone in by the end of May and he has 6 weeks to try and get a starting XI together 
  • Options
    I’m totally underwhelmed if this is true. 
    It’s another Adkins type mistake, and we will waste another year trying to get out of this shitty division. 
    I will be doing a Duncan Bannantyne. 
  • Options
    Does he know how to counter a low block?