Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Deflating news. Not excited at all.
  • Options
    Wow, didn't expect news to break for at least another week.
  • Options
    Nah. This isn't what I was expecting. This is a shocking move. Fs
  • Options
    Christ 
  • Options
    edited May 2022

• Options
    Cawley ruining the big Sandgaard unveiling next week.
  • Options
    Hang your head in shame TS
  • Options
    All for giving people a chance but have to admit I am underwhelmed. Meant to play attacking football which is good but surprised by this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So who's going to carry on supporting thomas then 🤬🤬🤬
  • Options
    Worked under Jose

Thats all I got 
  • Options
    Can't even get odds on him
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    They are still interviewing. Not sure on anything else. 
    Don’t think they are that’s all done and dusted they know who they want expect it to be all done in the next 7 days … that’s why TS is planning to come over 

Fair play Ronnie!
  • Options
    Wow.

Just wow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a load of shit,,, a manger who can’t even get a team out of league two. Sangard hasn’t a clue what he is doing, taking us backwards 
  • Options
    4-3-3 here we come
  • Options
    Xabi Alonso has left Real Sociedad B
    The Alonso’s have unfinished business with Charlton.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Was really hoping Beale or Taylor.  As in Taylor who got his low budget side promoted from League 2.  We're getting a chap who has failed to get (a big budget?) side up from League 2.  

Josh Davison key striker next term?

Massively underwhelmed.

Hope this is part of some masterplan and we will be whelmed by start of the season with the squad in place.  

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I'll admit, despite not seeing any Swindon or knowing much outside of this thread about Garner, it is a bit underwhelming compared to Beale, Taylor and even Moris given what's been said about them.

But!

He is supposed to play a high press to beat down the low block with attacking football so hopefully we get to see some clear development and a "style". 

Edit: after reading the one Swindon fans view, maybe it'll take  a little while to get there... But as long as we do..
  • Options
    What a load of shit,,, a manger who can’t even get a team out of league two. Sangard hasn’t a clue what he is doing, taking us backwards 
    Not defending this appointment but context is important. Swindon appointed Garner in late July and they signed more than 10 players in August alone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_Swindon_Town_F.C._season#Transfers
  • Options
    Reported to have turned down the offer to be the Bradford City manager in 2018 ...from wiki:

In 2018 Garner was reported to have turned down the opportunity to become manager of Bradford City due to a lack of assurances over control of the team