Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Academy keeper James Beadle leaves Charlton?

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Confirmed that he has been recalled by Brighton

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2024/january/james-beadle-departs/
  • Options
    Signed for sheff Wednesday 
  • Options
    Signed for sheff Wednesday 
    On loan.
  • Options
    Anyone else think it's odd that a club loans a player for a season but recalls the player to loan them to a higher league if they are doing well?

of this is to become the norm, maybe loans should be up to January with an option to extend
  • Options
    He's done well for himself... Showing the promise that saw him mentioned as one to look out for whilst here - Academy has done something right in that sense.
  • Options
    I honestly can't see the advantage in moving a keeper mid season if they are doing well. They are in good form, guaranteed game time, will have the support of the crowd on their side. I also don't think in goalkeeping terms there is that much difference between the Championship and League one.

The Sheffield Wednesday keeper is doing really well at the moment, so I can't see him just shifting him out of the team straight away.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    I honestly can't see the advantage in moving a keeper mid season if they are doing well. They are in good form, guaranteed game time, will have the support of the crowd on their side. I also don't think in goalkeeping terms there is that much difference between the Championship and League one.

The Sheffield Wednesday keeper is doing really well at the moment, so I can't see him just shifting him out of the team straight away.
    Agreed. The only reason I can think of is if the parent club loans a keeper to a club because they pass from the back, and that manager is replaced by one who wants the keeper to kick long instead, but I don't think that is the case here.

Beadle is 19, so would surely benefit from being in a relatively low pressure environment at Oxford more than a high pressure relegation scrap at a bigger club?
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:

Agreed. The only reason I can think of is if the parent club loans a keeper to a club because they pass from the back, and that manager is replaced by one who wants the keeper to kick long instead, but I don't think that is the case here.

Beadle is 19, so would surely benefit from being in a relatively low pressure environment at Oxford more than a high pressure relegation scrap at a bigger club?
    I would say that would help him.. 
  • Options
    Saw him live in the FA Youth Cup back in 2021 and could just tell from watching him he was destined for big things. Sometimes you just watch a player and can tell they've got "it". Although I think of the starting XI I saw that night at Worthing it's just Adigun, Huke and Bower that haven't made a first team appearance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Played today for Wednesday