Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Academy keeper James Beadle leaves Charlton?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Not sure but think that's a clue that he's joining Brighton
  • Options
    Source?
  • Options
    Maybe he has enhanced his career and got a job is the Brighton branch of sports direct. 
  • Options
    Stuart Beadle with Harry carrying the flag in front of him. Harry, I'm sure, would love to still be with us.

• Options
    Interesting.

400k is the minimum figure that Cat 1 clubs have to pay for poaching Cat 2 players (thanks Ged Roddy).

Inside info on here at the time suggested he had signed a contract so that club got more than the minimum but Cawley contradicts that.
    Didn't know that. 400k sounds like a very reasonable fee for a keeper that has never even been in the first team squad
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Interesting.

400k is the minimum figure that Cat 1 clubs have to pay for poaching Cat 2 players (thanks Ged Roddy).

Inside info on here at the time suggested he had signed a contract so that club got more than the minimum but Cawley contradicts that.
    Didn't know that. 400k sounds like a very reasonable fee for a keeper that has never even been in the first team squad
    He is very highly rated tbf so I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I’d originally heard a rumour it was £800k so half that is pretty disappointing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    mart77 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Interesting.

He is very highly rated tbf so I guess we’ll have to wait and see. I’d originally heard a rumour it was £800k so half that is pretty disappointing. 
    Maybe there are add on’s or further payments at some point ? 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mart77 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Interesting.

Maybe there are add on’s or further payments at some point ? 
    I hope so as I think he’ll be decent. 
  • Options
    Jermaine Pennant's nephew in that team 
  • Options
    Thierry Small is a good name.
  • Options
    None of our much vaunted under 18's in the squad?
  • Options
    None of our much vaunted under 18's in the squad?
    Wouldn't be surprised if the scouts or whoever keep an eye on the kids, primarily stick to Cat 1 games.

Imagine its like expecting Southgate to watch Championship games to keep an eye on players each week too
  • Options
    In the 23 man squad, only 4 players are not with Premier league clubs. Stoke, Birmingham and 2 from Sheff Utd. The kid at Birmingham has already played in the championship for them.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    In the 23 man squad, only 4 players are not with Premier league clubs. Stoke, Birmingham and 2 from Sheff Utd. The kid at Birmingham has already played in the championship for them.
    Stoke and Birmingham also have Category One Academies - So only the two Sheffield United kids, and James Beadle (as he was selected for the U18s when he was with us) have come from outside the top tier academies.
  • Options
    £500k plus add ons will take it to £1m - biggest deal for a goalkeeper his age ever 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    £500k plus add ons will take it to £1m - biggest deal for a goalkeeper his age ever 
    Think he’ll be worth that comfortably but it’s good to hear that we’ve been better compensated than suggested elsewhere. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Think he’ll be worth that comfortably but it’s good to hear that we’ve been better compensated than suggested elsewhere. 
    Yes - came down to a choice between Chelsea and Brighton in the end and James chose Brighton - his brother Harry has been given another year at Colchester 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    mart77 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Yes - came down to a choice between Chelsea and Brighton in the end and James chose Brighton - his brother Harry has been given another year at Colchester 
    Hopefully he’ll return in years to come. Always a shame when you see a fan leave but I wish him well and hopefully he’ll recommend some decent Brighton players to join us!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Do you know if the add ons are realistic? If it's something like money after 50 PL appearances and an England cap then i won't hold my breath.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Do you know if the add ons are realistic? If it's something like money after 50 PL appearances and an England cap then i won't hold my breath.
    If he's half as good as we are told, 50 PL appearances shouldn't be an issue at all.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    don't know 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If he's half as good as we are told, 50 PL appearances shouldn't be an issue at all.
    I was leaning more towards the point that it would take years for us to see any add ons.

Look at someone like Dean Henderson, he's 25, been around for years, played for all the England youth age groups, but he hasn't got 50 PL games under his belt yet.
  • Options
    Played for Brighton U21 at Colchester this evening. There's a possibility that he'll be involved at the Valley in November.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Played for Brighton U21 at Colchester this evening. There's a possibility that he'll be involved at the Valley in November.
    I shall boo him (not that i'll go obviously)
  • Options
    I hadn't realised until watching the EFL highlights tonight, that he went on loan to Crewe in January. He's made a few appearances now