Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    Excellent news. A nice relief 🙂👍👌👌👌
  • Options
    Anyway that's the manager sorted. What can we all bitch about next? 😉
    how long have you got? 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    To be honest, my reaction was more of a "finally" than any big celebration, as it would have been totally bizarre after all this time for him not to get the job permanently, hence I've not been on this thread much

I'm more interested in the other positions, Jason's role, and what additional coaches will be brought in
  • Options
    Fantastic news for everyone concerned ! Jacko has more than earned the chance, onwards & upwards from here hopefully.

PS

If we lose tomorrow how many minutes past the final whistle will the Jackson Out thread start ?  :hushed:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just hope we can start to get transfers done early doors of who / what position we need, rather than dragging it out and making a pigs ear of it.
  • Options
    I'd like to bitch about that video, Captain Leader Legend just reminds me of one of those pathetic banners at Stamford Bridge for John Terry.
  • Options
    Nah, don't like him.

(Make that 5 mins...)
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Fantastic news for everyone concerned ! Jacko has more than earned the chance, onwards & upwards from here hopefully.

PS

If we lose tomorrow how many minutes past the final whistle will the Jackson Out thread start ?  :hushed:
    if we lose? they're gonna be on a proper celebration bender in the hotel at plymouth tonight - our best hope is it gets called off with covid  
  • Options
    What determines success?
    Winning. 

• Options
    'right, got my new manager's credit card, who's having what?' 
  • Options
    Fanny was right, one more sleep!
    Privileged beyond compare to be mentioned in the JJ thread.

Two of my all time favourites now share the " Simply the Best " title.

What a fantastic pair ! ( I just had to say it ....) 
  • Options
    AndyG said:

PS

I hope Jackson is just celebrating with people who are close to him this Friday eve.

If this appointment does eventually end up going to shit - which I highly doubt, then I think Charlton may just hold an internal curse that won't ever f*ck off
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    No doubt somebody won’t be happy with the nib on the pen that he used and the grade of paper used was 100gsm rather than 120gsm. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would assume that if the contract extensions are based on performance,TS must have given some sort of financial promises on  future team building.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Don’t think it was ever really in doubt, but still a spine tingling feeling to know that Johnnie Jackson is Charlton manager. 

Not too concerned on the contract front at this point. Ultimately - be successful and he stays on. Isn’t successful then he doesn’t. 

That’s pretty much how football works anyway, isn’t it? The only difference being that it’s part of the contractual stipulations.
    Exactly ..... basically Jacko's got a 1 year rolling contract until June 2024.

League status, performance and success dictate how long it continues.
    As you say, that's much how football works anyway.

• Options
    Well we could start with why his back room staff have not been announced. One team could be pro Euell and the other team could go for needing Curbishley to lend the experience. The loan voice could go with Brownie because he knows what he is talking about. Still.
  • Options
    Well maybe the new manager hasn't decided on his own backroom team and the contracts are still being sorted?
  • Options
    Can see Watson or Pearcey moving into a player/coaching role now.