Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    Just feel relief.

So many bad decisions made by Cafc since Curbs left that the potential great relationship between Thomas and Johnnie could've been spoilt on technicalities.

Johnnie Jackson Charlton Manager 17/12/21 brilliant.

A sweet day for me and a great day for so many of us who wanted JJ to get the job last season.

58 days was I guest that TS had his fingers burnt with Adkins because it was so obvious that JJ was the right man for the job straight away and so pleased that being the defensive coach means jack shit if you don't pick the team or decide the formation and have no say on incoming transfers.

I assume Thomas will bring in players that Johnnie wants now. Shame because of the wait they only have 14 days before the window opens. 

• Options
    Happy Christmas! 
    Well done JJ - proud day! 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Can see Watson or Pearcey moving into a player/coaching role now.
    Pearce i could see being made player coach this year and permanent coach next year  
  • Options

I assume Thomas will bring in players that Johnnie wants now. Shame because of the wait they only have 14 days before the window opens. 
    I would imagine that the Gang of 4 (including Jacko) have been discussing that for a few weeks now.

Steve Gallen has probably written his shopping list already.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Not that that’s done, what do we REALLY know about this Jacko character??? 
    Skinny jeans, well dodgy.

• Options
    First to say, Jacko out. 
  • Options
    That video is quality. Well done Comms team.

Anyone know the track?
    Sigma - higher
  • Options
    Get in! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the manager equivalent of "his legs have gone"?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Mmmmmmm not sure but I’m willing to give him a go.

As manager………….😜😘😘😂😂
    his package has been pawed over by TS and his agent for weeks - leave the man in peace  :D
  • Options
    WSS said:
    What's the manager equivalent of "his legs have gone"?

His fingers have gone. Can't scribble on a notepad
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    cafctom said:
    Don’t think it was ever really in doubt, but still a spine tingling feeling to know that Johnnie Jackson is Charlton manager. 

Not too concerned on the contract front at this point. Ultimately - be successful and he stays on. Isn’t successful then he doesn’t. 

That’s pretty much how football works anyway, isn’t it? The only difference being that it’s part of the contractual stipulations.
    Exactly ..... basically Jacko's got a 1 year rolling contract until June 2024.

League status, performance and success dictate how long it continues.
    As you say, that's much how football works anyway.

More clubs should operate like that - rather than paying out obscene amounts of money to pay up a managers contract. 

Couldn't agree more.  Hasn't Mourinhio made in excess of £20m in failure payments. It's ridiculous. 
  • Options
    one of his legs (his left one of course) appears to have had all the sun cream - right leg looking an after thought 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    LoOkOuT said:

Mmmmmmm not sure but I’m willing to give him a go.

As manager………….😜😘😘😂😂
    his package has been pawed over by TS and his agent for weeks - leave the man in peace  :D
    Lucky lucky lucky luck luck luck luck……………😛
  • Options
    Not much to add other than yessssssssss!!!! Fantastic news at last. Definitely the man to take us forward. Let's hope that he is fully supported with no interference from lesser mortals....Ged, you know who you are!
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Well apparently for one doesn't get on with Jason Euell !! :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope Sandgaard sets realistic targets. 

I also hope Jacko doesn't walk away from us with no compensation for the club once premier league clubs realise how good he is!!!
  • Options
    Thank you Thomas, that’s a beautiful birthday present 🎂
  • Options
    h said:
    Thank you Thomas, that’s a beautiful birthday present 🎂
    Happy birthday h
    And a big thank you to Thomas 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Absolutely delighted Jacko is confirmed but the contract is an insult to him and provides no stability for the club to build on.

100% behind JJ’s red army!!!
    That will be the contract he signed! 
  • Options
    At work, that's the best 2 mins 10 seconds I've ever spent on the pan
  • Options
    Whatever the details are of the contract and the renewal clauses its clearly one that both parties have been happy to agree to. That's good enough for me
    Yep, me too.

Though I do wonder if after having a good start and then the season fading away sharply, whether SCP would have made it to the summer rebuild if under this contract scenario?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    ozaddick said:
    Funnily enough, I have something in my eye as well.

His legs may have gone - but we have our natural leader in charge. Forever running down the wing for all of us.

Well done, Thomas.
    Both eyes….
  • Options
    I think the contract wrangling has been quite difficult. Certainly more difficult than I would have expected. Glad it’s done. He now has the authority to mould the squad as he wants. He’s the right man for the job. Long may it continue.