Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    cafctom said:
    Don’t think it was ever really in doubt, but still a spine tingling feeling to know that Johnnie Jackson is Charlton manager. 

Not too concerned on the contract front at this point. Ultimately - be successful and he stays on. Isn’t successful then he doesn’t. 

That’s pretty much how football works anyway, isn’t it? The only difference being that it’s part of the contractual stipulations.
    Exactly ..... basically Jacko's got a 1 year rolling contract until June 2024.

League status, performance and success dictate how long it continues.
    As you say, that's much how football works anyway.

More clubs should operate like that - rather than paying out obscene amounts of money to pay up a managers contract. 

Couldn't agree more.  Hasn't Mourinhio made in excess of £20m in failure payments. It's ridiculous. 
    £100 million.... 
  • Options
    Great news, get in there!!!

Well done to the comms team as well for a fantastic video, sent a shiver down my spine.
  • Options
    Whatever the details are of the contract and the renewal clauses its clearly one that both parties have been happy to agree to. That's good enough for me
    Yep, me too.

Though I do wonder if after having a good start and then the season fading away sharply, whether SCP would have made it to the summer rebuild if under this contract scenario?
    Jacko has got next season hasn't he, it is the end of next season when it either kicks in or doesn't.   Powell would have got his rebuild and would have lost his job if it went Pete Tong.   Exactly how it should be imo. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Whatever the details are of the contract and the renewal clauses its clearly one that both parties have been happy to agree to. That's good enough for me
    Yep, me too.

Though I do wonder if after having a good start and then the season fading away sharply, whether SCP would have made it to the summer rebuild if under this contract scenario?
    Jacko has got next season hasn't he, it is the end of next season when it either kicks in or doesn't.   Powell would have got his rebuild and would have lost his job if it went Pete Tong.   Exactly how it should be imo. 
    Ah, misread. Cheers
  • Options
    Brilliant news. Beam us up, Jacko. 
  • Options
    Yep, me too.

Though Jacko's contract won't be first evaluated until after the end of next season ..... 18 months time.

And history tells us that SCP certainly had the support and backing he needed to enable the rebuild that close season.

• Options
    Glad that's wrapped up for Christmas. 

I note Ipswich have just enticed McKenna and Pert away from Manchester United in a 3.5 year deal.  I wouldn't swap.  
  • Options
    Glad that's wrapped up for Christmas. 

I note Ipswich have just enticed McKenna and Pert away from Manchester United in a 3.5 year deal.  I wouldn't swap.  
    Indeed. 3.5 years is what Cook was on too. 
    They are trying a Fill Portman Road exercise tomorrow, home to Sunderland. Should be interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why did it take so long!
    This was written in the stars.

Now in you go son and get the West Stand named after you!
  • Options
    i see jacko as more of a covered end stand man 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    Come in Number 4! 

Excellent news :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I don't really know much about the contract situation but on the face of it it seems quite smart.

I'd assume there are some assurances in there, like I'm sure JJ will get compo if sacked half way through a season etc. It's not going to just be a case that he can be disposed of easily otherwise he wouldn't have signed it.

This way, it feels more like a safer version of caretaker, JJ and the players won't slack off as they know his next contract rides on it.

I know it may look a bit insulting but ultimately, TS has to protect Charlton's interests firstly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite like the idea of the contract in principle but I can see why it might have taken longer than usual to get all the details done.

Performance related extensions etc are perfectly fine in theory but there would have to be some very exact wording about what the "success" criteria are and how they are to be met. For example what is successful if Jackson is given x amount to spend vs y. Otherwise TS could (in theory) slash the budget on purpose then dispose of Jackson for "failing" with a weakened team.

I don't think that is the intention by Sandgaard FWIW but any sensible agent would surely be raising that point and trying to build some safeguards for their client (and that's assuming JJ hasn't done so himself.) 
  • Options
    Great Stuff
  • Options
    👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  • Options
    Took a while but glad it's finally been tied up.
    Laudate Dominum!
  • Options
    Done in under 60 days.
    If that time was a trial period Jacko realistically couldn’t have done any better.
    I wonder if there has been any intimation about resources from Mr Sandgaard to line up against Jacko’s skill and effort.
    We have 24 games left, if Jacko can be supported well enough to match his achievements in his first ten games for the next twenty we will have 75 points with four games to go.
    A tough call, but that should absolutely be what everybody should strive for.
    Let’s cement the contract with wins, it’s been feeling so good lately.
  • Options
    Hmm. I'm really not sure.  Let's see how it works out.
  • Options
    Well deserved appointment.