Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    I have heard that there is a bit of a rift between JJ and Euell. Same source has told me that JJ will get the job. Euell leaving is my own assumption as to why this has all taken so long. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I heard that JJ wants another coach/assistant as well as Euell, not instead of.

WIOTOS
    It needs to be Jackson choice either way.  You might lose some good people but it's got to be the managers perogative to pick his own team.   
    In which case Jackson would not be at the club and Euell would still be managing the U23s.
  • Options
    Johnnie Jackson said we are a coach down.
  • Options
    Interesting - i have no idea - nothing would surprise me but my bet would be another coach coming in and Euell staying - unless he applied for the Manager's job !!!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

WIOTOS
    It needs to be Jackson choice either way.  You might lose some good people but it's got to be the managers perogative to pick his own team.   
    In which case Jackson would not be at the club and Euell would still be managing the U23s.
    That doesnt make it right though, like I said you might lose some good people. 

If Parkinson hadn't got the job despite the awful run as caretaker we probably wouldn't have signed Jackson, doesn't make the circumstances of the original appointment less wrong.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just heard from someone who does a bit of pro coaching that JJ has signed with a new agency that’s run by Jon Fortune. Wonder if that will speed things up or slow them down..
  • Options
    TwoTouch Agency Is the name
    Just heard from someone who does a bit of pro coaching that JJ has signed with a new agency that’s run by Jon Fortune. Wonder if that will speed things up or slow them down..

• Options
    masicat said:
    I have heard that there is a bit of a rift between JJ and Euell. Same source has told me that JJ will get the job. Euell leaving is my own assumption as to why this has all taken so long. 

This sounds so wide of the mark, that I feel someone is winding you up. 
    Not sure why it would wind me up. I’ve got much more important things going on in my life at the moment, I could quite easily cope with such devastating news as this. The source is very reliable. To be honest, I was told this morning that this is old news and it’s well known. 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:

Confirmed on their Instagram.

Makes sense, think half our squad are signed up to Fortunes agency 😅
  • Options
    masicat said:

Why is wide of the mark, Because you don’t believe it?

It’s true by the way. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    In the last ten years or so I have never attended a local Charlton game at any level when Jon Fortune wasn’t there.
    I have always found that kind of comforting, like the sun rising every morning.
    yep, i know what u mean - i saw him and JJ chatting at the U23 match v Colchester (the one where Adkins was standing aound on his own likea  lost soul) 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    barstool said:
    I believe that by interviewing other candidates it shows a thorough approach, provides a stronger negotiating platform with JJ and shows us he is meticulous and a strong leader 
    Agree. That is normal business best practice.
    for me, it depends on when. Fair enough if a while ago, before  the great results. But not so if recently because it undermines confidence in JJ. 

Ordinarily I'd like the thorough approach
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    masicat said:

Why is wide of the mark, Because you don’t believe it?

It’s true by the way. 
    Well if we are getting these results with a  'rift' what is possible when that is fixed?

I assume JE has ambitions of his own so will inevitably move on at some point as is the way in Football.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    Interesting - i have no idea - nothing would surprise me but my bet would be another coach coming in and Euell staying - unless he applied for the Manager's job !!!
    Pure speculation on my part and heard nothing from anyone, but could this potentially be part of the issue? IF* Euell felt like Jackson got promoted over his head, or there is some dispute as to exactly how the structure works, it could explain a delay.

Not a money issue at all, but scrappy details about exactly who does what and how it fits the system.

*I repeat that I am not saying this is so, purely wondering about why this seems to be dragging out. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Other than he deserves it, can anyone give me a reason why the contract is such a big issue?

What would happen if Thomas just came out and said I have stopped looking because the best man for the job is already in the job?

Jackson is already under contract so what he could he do?  Publicly refuse yo do it? 
    It’s not just a formality though, he’s being paid as a coach but is expected to take on the responsibility of a manager. 

Not only that, the coaching team are now understaffed so he’ll have to do even more hours on the grass than Adkins or Bowyer would have had to. 

It would be morally and professionally wrong to allow things to continue as they are. 
    I don't disagree but that's a different issue.  He isn't working on a week to week deal. 

The coaching staff is the same size as it was for most of the last 3 last seasons.

If the problem, if there is even a problem, is money I can't imagine they are poles apart.  Your talking a championship assistant managers v a novice league 1 managers salary, unless one side is trying to take the absolute piss they can't be that far apart, if indeed they are. 
    The coaching staff isn’t really the same size, we’ve got youth coaches having to fill the gap Jackson/Euell left when taking over Adkins. That creates a completely different issue as well as the Jackson contract debacle. 

I don’t think it’s about money at all, it never has been with JJ and I can’t imagine he’s being greedy or TS is completely low balling him. 

I imagine the dispute is one of power. Jackson is a manager, Sandgaard wants a head coach. There’s a world of difference between the two and I’m not sure either are happy to compromise. 
    It is the same size, for Bowyer and Jackson read Jackson and Euall.  Euall's old job was back filled as part of Roddy's extensive coaching review that concluded that everyone in role was the best possible candidate.

For what it's worth I don't think there is a hold up at all and it's all been blown out of proportion because despite the fact the owner said 60 days people want it yesterday. 
    That’s not the case. TS said “30-60 days”. Big difference and curiously indecisive sounding. He created a rod for his own back with that statement.
    He's only created a rod for his own back if he actually cares about the big noisy fuss that some supporters are making in internetland. I think he's learnt enough to know that the fuss and bluster on here really isn't important to anyone but the people on here. From what I can see, he's taken his time in sorting things out and that is absolutely no problem to him. In the real world, his interim solution is working just fine and dandy so there's absolutely no need to rush. Meanwhile fans have become demanding and impatient because in their collective mind the decision made itself several weeks ago. The amount of speculation that there's been on this thread has been quite astounding. I think we all need to chill out a bit, que sera sera and all that.
    Agreed, just concerned but not sorting it out could (may) undermine confidence and then results. In theory, professionals should be professional enough to not let it affect them, but it often does
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

WIOTOS
    That doesnt make it right though, like I said you might lose some good people. 

If Parkinson hadn't got the job despite the awful run as caretaker we probably wouldn't have signed Jackson, doesn't make the circumstances of the original appointment less wrong.

I don’t disagree with the principle you suggest but you can’t make it a hard and fast rule.

It has to be an executive decision to empower or not empower any Manager with such selection.

We have been through 16 managers in 15yrs accompanied by a swathe of assistants I couldn’t even name. I stopped counting the number of professional contracts but they must be well over 400. That is not a football club it is a travelling circus. It is operational carnage and somebody has to drastically slow the revolving door.

How many times have we heard I can’t relate to these players?

I really do wish people would listen to everything people say. Of course people focus on « we will be challenging for Europe in 5yrs » it is a marketing message but do not ignore the operational message - this business needs stability.

I will repeat it - THIS BUSINESS NEEDS STABILITY

I will add to it - this business needs stability to build the foundations for sustainable growth.

You are going to think a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time before letting Bowyer go.

You are going to think a 2nd, 3rd or 4th time before terminating Adkins

You are going to take your time to evaluate the entire football management structure when weeks after 3 or 4 months of planning we are languishing in the relegation places.

It is more than just who sits in the managerial chair.

I know Doucher hates corporate bollocks but he is the one suggesting a realignment of roles and status for Roddy, Gallen and Jackson. Where does that come from?

Is stability exciting? No. Will stability get exciting? No. There will very likely be far less new shiny toys to watch, get bored with and discard. It has almost become an entertainment industry of its own.

Is stability the fare for social media? Palpably not, I even have sympathy with Large Addict I often start nodding off writing this stuff but while we can live for the week of match day football the guy at the top can’t can he? 

TS has committed to JJ 4 times.

Only that basis alone he will want a very good reason to terminate anyone’s contract he promoted only months ago. Euell has a better playing CV and arguably a deeper coaching CV than Jackson.

Already likely paying Adkins for years to come how many more redundant staff do you want TS to have to pay?

Just how much money do people want left for the January transfer kitty?

• Options
    What fools we were!