Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    Cawley just tweeted when asked the Q about Jacko

'don't believe any issues, should be some good news coming'
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Other than he deserves it, can anyone give me a reason why the contract is such a big issue?

What would happen if Thomas just came out and said I have stopped looking because the best man for the job is already in the job?

Jackson is already under contract so what he could he do?  Publicly refuse yo do it? 
    It’s not just a formality though, he’s being paid as a coach but is expected to take on the responsibility of a manager. 

Not only that, the coaching team are now understaffed so he’ll have to do even more hours on the grass than Adkins or Bowyer would have had to. 

It would be morally and professionally wrong to allow things to continue as they are. 
    I don't disagree but that's a different issue.  He isn't working on a week to week deal. 

The coaching staff is the same size as it was for most of the last 3 last seasons.

If the problem, if there is even a problem, is money I can't imagine they are poles apart.  Your talking a championship assistant managers v a novice league 1 managers salary, unless one side is trying to take the absolute piss they can't be that far apart, if indeed they are. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Other than he deserves it, can anyone give me a reason why the contract is such a big issue?

What would happen if Thomas just came out and said I have stopped looking because the best man for the job is already in the job?

Jackson is already under contract so what he could he do?  Publicly refuse yo do it? 
    It’s not just a formality though, he’s being paid as a coach but is expected to take on the responsibility of a manager. 

Not only that, the coaching team are now understaffed so he’ll have to do even more hours on the grass than Adkins or Bowyer would have had to. 

It would be morally and professionally wrong to allow things to continue as they are. 
    I don't disagree but that's a different issue.  He isn't working on a week to week deal. 

The coaching staff is the same size as it was for most of the last 3 last seasons.

If the problem, if there is even a problem, is money I can't imagine they are poles apart.  Your talking a championship assistant managers v a novice league 1 managers salary, unless one side is trying to take the absolute piss they can't be that far apart, if indeed they are. 
    The coaching staff isn’t really the same size, we’ve got youth coaches having to fill the gap Jackson/Euell left when taking over Adkins. That creates a completely different issue as well as the Jackson contract debacle. 

I don’t think it’s about money at all, it never has been with JJ and I can’t imagine he’s being greedy or TS is completely low balling him. 

I imagine the dispute is one of power. Jackson is a manager, Sandgaard wants a head coach. There’s a world of difference between the two and I’m not sure either are happy to compromise. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

The coaching staff isn’t really the same size, we’ve got youth coaches having to fill the gap Jackson/Euell left when taking over Adkins. That creates a completely different issue as well as the Jackson contract debacle. 

I don’t think it’s about money at all, it never has been with JJ and I can’t imagine he’s being greedy or TS is completely low balling him. 

I imagine the dispute is one of power. Jackson is a manager, Sandgaard wants a head coach. There’s a world of difference between the two and I’m not sure either are happy to compromise. 
    It is the same size, for Bowyer and Jackson read Jackson and Euall.  Euall's old job was back filled as part of Roddy's extensive coaching review that concluded that everyone in role was the best possible candidate.

For what it's worth I don't think there is a hold up at all and it's all been blown out of proportion because despite the fact the owner said 60 days people want it yesterday. 
  • Options
    then we must have had 1 too many before adkins was sacked and the review was wrong? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

It is the same size, for Bowyer and Jackson read Jackson and Euall.  Euall's old job was back filled as part of Roddy's extensive coaching review that concluded that everyone in role was the best possible candidate.

For what it's worth I don't think there is a hold up at all and it's all been blown out of proportion because despite the fact the owner said 60 days people want it yesterday. 
    It may look the same as under Bowyer or Adkins, but it’s not. Anthony Hayes is an u23 coach filling in where possible, but his focus is still u23 football. Euell is regularly away with England during international breaks as well. There’s a recent interview with Jackson where he talks about the coaching team being short a coach since Adkins left. 

I agree it’s not as serious as it’s being made out to be, but there’s still a hold up. I’m not worried and I’m certain it will get sorted before Jan. 
  • Options
    Cawley just tweeted when asked the Q about Jacko

'don't believe any issues, should be some good news coming'
    So the last x pages deriding Agents, TS, JJ & his Dad/Father In law et al all wasted?  :D  
    WIOTOS but yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    then we must have had 1 too many before adkins was sacked and the review was wrong? 
    I ment we are back to where we were for 3 seasons. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s not the case. TS said “30-60 days”. Big difference and curiously indecisive sounding. He created a rod for his own back with that statement.
  • Options
    I a big fan of Tommy and what he has done for the club. My only criticism was his plan for the next few years and mentioning the Premier League and Europe in the timescale, which I found a bit embarassing (open to a bit of ridicule etc.) and wish he'd just said the ultimate goal was the Premier League etc and even maybe Europe one day.

But not giving JJ the job before now is, I feel, rather disrespectful, especially if he has talked to other managers. 
  • Options
    and he and he has spoken to other managers … including a Welsh one
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with him speaking to other managers - nobody knew JJ was going to be such a roaring success (not even him) and indeed, he may not have even wanted it if he hadn't been or if he had found it all a bit too much so TS did the sensible thing and spoke to others as well - we'd all be moaning now if we were still in the bottom 3 and he was just starting the search process - looks from Cawleys tweet that its all been sorted and should be announced soon so alls well that ends well. 
  • Options
    Yes, and i reckon from the Plymouth game onwards he's probably put all those talks with others on hold, listened to JJ, sorted out the structure and now is the closing act - the permanent managers contract. Bravo. 
  • Options
    barstool said:
    I believe that by interviewing other candidates it shows a thorough approach, provides a stronger negotiating platform with JJ and shows us he is meticulous and a strong leader 
    agree, absolutely no issues with interviewing others etc - he'd be mental not to, but he's had a result insofar as the answer has been right under his nose
  • Options
    barstool said:
    I believe that by interviewing other candidates it shows a thorough approach, provides a stronger negotiating platform with JJ and shows us he is meticulous and a strong leader 
    Agree. That is normal business best practice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

That’s not the case. TS said “30-60 days”. Big difference and curiously indecisive sounding. He created a rod for his own back with that statement.
    He absolutely shouldn't have said it but he did and you can't put lightning back in the bottle.  The rumour and innuendo that has filled the void is now going into over drive.  We aren't even on day 60 yet. 
  • Options
    I've just been told it's all sorted. They've both come to a compromise  found the middle ground and both parties feel like they have a good deal.
    It was touch and go, but the thing that really swung it was the 'dunking test'.
    Once Jacko had got the tea brewed and they both tested their respective biscuits an agreement was reached.
    Jammie Dodgers failed the test, not enough absorbtion during the dunk. TS custard creams also failed when the custard was dunked it feel apart and TS messed all over his shoe.
    The compromise was to agree to use the chocolate digestive. Both parties were happy with the dunkability, and there was no mess on either TS or Jacko's shoes.
    All's well that ends well, and happy to report that Choccy Digestives will be available from Monday at The Valley and Sparrows Lane during official meetings..... Thank god that is over, phew.
    was a bit concerned then - thought it involved a bit of 'teabagging' for a minute 
  • Options
    wot no presser today?????
  • Options
    Kieran McKenna, 35, set to be announced by Ipswich as Paul Cook's successor in next few days; Ipswich sit 12th in League One and placed John McGreal in interim tenure earlier in December 

Imagine the response if we had appointed someone like that 
  • Options
    Be surprised if Euell stays as AM. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Be surprised if Euell stays as AM. 
    why? 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Kieran McKenna, who is a younger looking version of Phil Neville was the number 3 under Ollie. No idea of his personality if he can be a number 1.

We are lucky we have someone all ready at the club who has proved his self at the club in every role he has taken on as a player, coach, interim manager.  
    What some of as knew the day JJ got the gig two days before playing Sunderland, Thomas Sandgaard knows now that he has the best candidate. 

Could be a great partnership and best that Thomas knows he hasn't got a yes man but an ambitious manager who will be successful at Cafc or somewhere else.