Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    On the face of it Cawley's tweet sounds positive... "Should be some good news coming", well, we all know there "should" be but so far nothing...two weeks till the window opens...Jacko's hands are tied till his situation is sorted, so new contracts  with Washington, Purrington seemingly on hold till then, just hope this hesitancy in getting him in doesn't rub off on the squad.
     Confidence is sky high at the moment and that is due to Jacko, it really is starting to get very strange as to where we are, and what the hold up is... 
  • Options
    Since Bowyer left it never feels like Richard Cawley has a hot line to the manager or head coaches.

Hope he's correct though as 57 days is at the extreme of 30-60 days.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @Swisdom

Further to our conversation above, I am just going to put down this article from the Sun here about arrests last April in what's known as the Sports Mobile case. The identities of the three men arrested cannot be revealed, which is a great pity, because according to information which several Lifers who have contributed to Dossier - related activity are confident about, one of the two others apart from the agent, is one of our Wrong'uns. As and when this comes to trial (again their soundings are that it will) the identity of said Wrong'un is such that I predict a new record will be set for the  number of Lifers in a court public gallery. 

If you ask around you may easily find out who the agent is. Or I can DM you if you are interested.
  • Options
    Ooooh ! 

Just one more sleep !
  • Options
    What contract length are we expecting/hoping for?
  • Options
    What contract length are we expecting/hoping for?

Ideally 3 years. Will throw my toys out the pram if less than 2 years.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I expect 2 years to see out his existing contract length. Expect a better salary though
  • Options
    would like to see 3 but wouldn't be surprised to see 2 and a half to bring up to end of a season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooooh ! 

Just one more sleep !
    Your wish, is my command Fanny!

https://youtu.be/j-_1-uJ6Ml4
  • Options
    Multi-millionaire US resident with European connections has a substantial ago shocker. Difference to duchatelet, gives a shit about this club and doesn’t seem to expect a monetary return yet for his benevolence. Difference to nimer, southall, other wronguns, not a thieving c**t (this is just hearsay about those gentlemen by the way, well not proven I’m a court of law yet anyway).

Mistakes, I’ve made a few etc. And so will any owner look to develop their and the clubs interest. And Jackio, well that’s a mistake by Sandgaard because if he had been appointed as full time manager to the end of the season with an option to extend with a Sandgaard dictated step up in terms, Jacko would have been in a less strong negotiating position than now. 

Some you win Thomas, sometimes you just ain’t nimble enough. Pay the dollar,  get the deal done on a decent basic with huge win and promotion bonuses. Strange how peoples requirement for a fixed 2-3 year wedge at a certain level melts away when you offer them 300% bonus for playoffs and 600% for promotion. 

Oh and Ged Roddy’s head on a stake over the Valley entrance could be arranged (or a reasonable facsimile at least)

I have no idea why my form does not let me run contract negotiations more often 😂 
  • Options
    could the holdup be to do with associated deals such as with Euell? 
  • Options
    could the holdup be to do with associated deals such as with Euell? 
    Maybe!
  • Options
    No joke yet once again off down to Eastbourne tomorrow, has been planned for a few weeks.

Last two times I've gone down there were the days that Bowyer / Adkins got sacked
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Other than he deserves it, can anyone give me a reason why the contract is such a big issue?

What would happen if Thomas just came out and said I have stopped looking because the best man for the job is already in the job?

Jackson is already under contract so what he could he do?  Publicly refuse yo do it? 
    It’s not just a formality though, he’s being paid as a coach but is expected to take on the responsibility of a manager. 

Not only that, the coaching team are now understaffed so he’ll have to do even more hours on the grass than Adkins or Bowyer would have had to. 

It would be morally and professionally wrong to allow things to continue as they are. 
    I don't disagree but that's a different issue.  He isn't working on a week to week deal. 

The coaching staff is the same size as it was for most of the last 3 last seasons.

If the problem, if there is even a problem, is money I can't imagine they are poles apart.  Your talking a championship assistant managers v a novice league 1 managers salary, unless one side is trying to take the absolute piss they can't be that far apart, if indeed they are. 
    The coaching staff isn’t really the same size, we’ve got youth coaches having to fill the gap Jackson/Euell left when taking over Adkins. That creates a completely different issue as well as the Jackson contract debacle. 

I don’t think it’s about money at all, it never has been with JJ and I can’t imagine he’s being greedy or TS is completely low balling him. 

I imagine the dispute is one of power. Jackson is a manager, Sandgaard wants a head coach. There’s a world of difference between the two and I’m not sure either are happy to compromise. 
    It is the same size, for Bowyer and Jackson read Jackson and Euall.  Euall's old job was back filled as part of Roddy's extensive coaching review that concluded that everyone in role was the best possible candidate.

For what it's worth I don't think there is a hold up at all and it's all been blown out of proportion because despite the fact the owner said 60 days people want it yesterday. 
    That’s not the case. TS said “30-60 days”. Big difference and curiously indecisive sounding. He created a rod for his own back with that statement.
    He absolutely shouldn't have said it but he did and you can't put lightning back in the bottle.  The rumour and innuendo that has filled the void is now going into over drive.  We aren't even on day 60 yet. 
    How did the lightning get in the bottle the first time?
  • Options
    i'd maybe loosen the trellis as well so it slips down a bit so you can see how irate they are when you get back  
  • Options
    No joke yet once again off down to Eastbourne tomorrow, has been planned for a few weeks.

Last two times I've gone down there were the days that Bowyer / Adkins got sacked
    popping into Eastbourne on Saturday for a spot of shopping. If you spot a large bloke waddling along say hi.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JJ manager - Euell leaves ………
  • Options
    masicat said:
    That will cost TS  a bit, then, no?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Day 57.

• Options
    masicat said:
    Be interesting to see who they’ll go for as number two , if this is the case 😐
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Is this a guess or what you’ve heard? 
  • Options
    Can't see Euell leaving 
  • Options
    I've heard similar Lookout. But my insider tells me there is a stand off due to biscuits. Apparently TS has a right soft spot for a custard creams, and refuses to allow any other biscuits at the Valley or Sparrows Lane. Jacko on the other hand is holding out for a deal that includes the requirement of Jammy Dodgers at both venues. I'm not sure which of these hard nosed negotiators will blink first, but I think Jammy Dodgers will edge it.
    Never trust anyone who likes jammy dodgers. 
    Jacko out!

• Options
    I've heard similar Lookout. But my insider tells me there is a stand off due to biscuits. Apparently TS has a right soft spot for a custard creams, and refuses to allow any other biscuits at the Valley or Sparrows Lane. Jacko on the other hand is holding out for a deal that includes the requirement of Jammy Dodgers at both venues. I'm not sure which of these hard nosed negotiators will blink first, but I think Jammy Dodgers will edge it.
    I heard that it is down to Jacko insisting that he has exclusive use of the swivel chair during all future negotiations.

(with apologies to Not The Nine o'Clock News)
  • Options
    This is starting to feel like the takeover thread.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Katrien had interviewed 27 potential managers in 20 hours ffs.  What’s taking so long? 
    Including our one!