Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    King John was born 24 December 1166. 

Our King John will be appointed on 24 December. 

Exactly 15 years after we sacked Reed and appointed Pardew.
  • Options
    Wonder if Jackson is factoring in player budget for January in these conversations.  I reckon there will be Championship clubs whose radar he is popping up on now with far bigger budgets for his own salary and in the world of football you need to strike whilst your stock is high.

As much as there is mutual love between Jacko and the club/ us we couldn't be sure he would turn down a life and career changing move to a club in a higher league if it came in now if it came down to it and I doubt the football world would blame him if he did move had he not been offered a satisfactory contract offer and trasnfer budget.

So important to get him tied down before his head is turned elsewhere and also so he can focus on January player targets who themselves will want to know Jackson's position.

Fingers crossed it gets done and announced this week.  If not it will be concerningly protracted.  

Unless the plan is to announce it on christmas eve a'la Dowie.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    stonemuse said:

Yesss!
    Scoham said:
    stonemuse said:

Exactly 15 years after we sacked Reed and appointed Pardew.

Oh! 😁
  • Options
    i believe roddy has agreed to be the appointed tea maker in the new structure but nobody believes a word he says so jacko wants it written in - that's the hold up 
  • Options
    I've got half a feeling they are waiting for Christmas Day or something, "Christmas present for all the Addicks out there..." etc
  • Options
    I think it is possible from what JJ has said, he is negotiating more than just his contract but fundamentally aspects of how the club is run playing wise going forwards. Which is a good thing and something worth waiting for.
    This. Nothing is guaranteed in football, but you would hope Jackson is planning for the long term to how he’s see this football club. Not just a short term man like Adkins or
    Bowyer. 

I think Powell is the longest manager we have had since Curbs left. No reason why Jacko can’t look to beat that record.

Hopefully, both Jackson and TS vision are similar so we can start our charge through the divisions. 
  • Options
    Great news.
  • Options
    MattF said:

That would be mint!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    but is "next" week this week as the answer came on Sunday?
  • Options
    Cawley sending positive jibes! 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I have a gut feeling that TS has his sights set on a foreign coach, who perhaps isn’t as yet available. Jackson is giving TS a headache. I doubt JJ has been offered anything longer than 18 months and is balking at it. I’m still convinced though that a deal will be made. 
    I think you might be right, but I also think TS is much more concerned about fan opinion than previous owners and will probably have offered Jackson a deal by now. I think Jackson probably wants longer than TS wants to give, but TS will have to give him what he wants soon or lose the fans. Of course it may already be a done deal but both parties have agreed not to announce it for whatever reason.
    The whole women’s team name fiasco has shown TS doesn’t care about outside opinion as much as initially thought 
    I would say it shows he is not always very in touch with outside opinion, I would be surprised and disappointed if he sticks to his guns on that issue. 
    He knows exactly what’s going on there, it’s been bubbling away for months. I personally couldn’t care less, but he is actively ignoring public opinion on this topic. 
  • Options
    Thomas out down the pub smoozing fans,  is clearly a PR stunt to win back goodwill after a shocking week for him, quite clever really, although very cynical.

Sandgaard has low-balled the offer the JJ and they are at a standoff. We will have to see who blinks first.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Thomas out down the pub smoozing fans,  is clearly a PR stunt to win back goodwill after a shocking week for him, quite clever really, although very cynical.

Sandgaard has low-balled the offer the JJ and they are at a standoff. We will have to see who blinks first.
    So are you stating this as fact?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Clearly they are wrangling over the length and/or money in the contract. Pull your finger out TS and give him what he deserves.
    Is it clearly that?  I can't imagine the salary is an issue, he will be on less than Adkins or Bowyer.  Its just as likely to be about what the job actually is. 
    Maybe he realises he shouldn’t be? 
    It doesn't work like that though does it.  No one else realistically is going to pay Jackson top dollar. 
    Exactly the point then isn’t it. 
  • Options
    why Tuesday ?

Because we have no match, and a glass or two can pass the lips of JJ before he focuses on Plymouth.
    Thomas Sandgaard said the middle of December, so Monday to Wednesday makes sense and I just have a gut feeling it will be Tuesday. I'm not after any likes or brownie points, just it can't be much longer because JJ must be involved more than Adkins in possible loans or transfers so we can carry on our upward journey. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Even if I said yes you wouldn’t believe me - your Sandgaard’s number one fan, we’re not allowed to say a bad word are we?
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    MattF said:

Richard Cawley confirming what those of us including Steve Brown heard at the Bromley Addicks meeting on Thursday, when positives vibes and comments were stated that the *next manager would be announced sometime from the 13th December. We won't shoot the messenger but this came from a rep who heard this from Thomas at the fans forum.

* Obviously Thomas didn't say Jackson as he wants to announced it first as is his right. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Even if I said yes you wouldn’t believe me - your Sandgaard’s number one fan, we’re not allowed to say a bad word are we?
    Incorrect assumption.

If it is true then I'd be disappointed. It would be multiple times he has disappointed recently. 

He can be criticised as can anyone, but some criticise everything and anything they can. I see that as equally silly as supporting everything and anything.

I kind of get why he might have felt stung when he's already paid off two managers. Real shame that we didn't have the foresight to just give it a shot with Jackson first time.
  • Options

My brother messaged Thomas on LinkedIn and this was his reply to my brother.
  • Options

What was your brother's response?
  • Options
    Didn't Jackson take ages to sign long after Bowyer had agreed a deal with ESI?

To be fair that was probably justified
  • Options
    Surely there can't be two sides to a story!
  • Options

I can't believe that's actually Sandgaard. 
  • Options
    I can't believe that Thomas Sandgaard would say that to an inquiry on Linkedin When he hadn't repeated that to all and sundry who has asked TS in person or online over the last 2 months or even over the last few days.

All will be revealed soon;  TS said last month that mid December was announcement day.