Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why does it need to be until the end of the season, 2 years or 3 years?

It should just be open ended.  If we sack you we pay you x and if you fuck off else where we get y.  Either side can give 6 months notice without penalty.

Seems fair to me.

Jackson is already the 73rd longest serving manager of the 92.
    Would be pretty different in terms of Management Contracts but think its the better approach
    How many managers leave a "permanent" job just because they are out of contract?  
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Stig said:
    If the delay is about contract length, fair play to Jacko. Needs at least 2 years.
    What, two years to sign a contract???? Seems a bit long ;)
    Many a true word as they say... B)

....Joking aside, this is getting very silly and bloody annoying the delay being incurred by everyone and the time lost in getting on with important issues such as contracts for Purrington, Washington etc..ffs Thomas get on with it man..
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    If what I’m hearing that you’re hearing is true, well…. On top of that, once you add in this other thing you’re hearing that I’ve heard, well, I mean… really? Now, if we take those things that I’ve heard that you’re hearing and infer from the other things that you’re hearing that I’ve heard, then clearly everything’s... Or at least, something’s... Or, maybe it isn’t. But either way, I’m not happy. You’re not happy. And I’m not happy that you’re not happy. I just don’t understand how we got to this point? Or if we’re even at this point? Where are we? I mean, who knows? But you know what? Ahhh, feck it… I’m too pissed off to get into it.

Thought i was the only one who had heard maybe the exact similar same thing... B)
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    bellz2002 said:
    Unfortunately I'm feeling more pessimistic about this the longer it goes on. He has to be given the job. Surely?! 
    Whatever reason TS has for not giving him the job so far, I have no idea. Doesn't make sense especially with such a strong turnaround since Adkins.
    Maybe Roddy is still going through his address book under D for Dinosaur
    roddy isn't flavour of the month and has been demoted below Gallen and TS's son - i could go into more details but probs best not too atm - if jacko isn't appointed, i'd be massively surprised
    Oooooh ! I seem to have missed this! 

Has it been officially announced, hidden in small print behind something more important or another demotion ( after TK's ?) that's being quietly swept under the Boardroom carpet ? 

Many Lifers have felt that GR wasn't God's gift for some considerable time & that there was no smoke without fire.....
  • Options
    People kept going on about JJ well the deal
    been agreed just waiting fir the legal people to dot the I’s and cross the t’s…….. the old up with them not JJ and TS 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The stupid thing is he already has 18 months on his contract, all it needs is the assistant crossed out and a naught added to the salary.  How hard can it be? 

Has to be right for both parties. I agree it is a no brainer, the team are a world away from those that turned up at the start of the season.

But perhaps Jacko wants to make sure he has everything that he needs to succeed. That may be the length of contract, but must also be other things such as budgets, plans for club & team plus staff responsibilities.

For example I imagine Jason Euell is a big part of the current success, I would want to ensure that not just myself were in place, but also my team were secure for the length of my contract.

hmmm
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    bellz2002 said:
    Unfortunately I'm feeling more pessimistic about this the longer it goes on. He has to be given the job. Surely?! 
    Whatever reason TS has for not giving him the job so far, I have no idea. Doesn't make sense especially with such a strong turnaround since Adkins.
    roddy isn't flavour of the month and has been demoted below Gallen and TS's son - i could go into more details but probs best not too atm - if jacko isn't appointed, i'd be massively surprised

Has it been officially announced, hidden in small print behind something more important or another demotion ( after TK's ?) that's being quietly swept under the Boardroom carpet ? 

Many Lifers have felt that GR wasn't God's gift for some considerable time & that there was no smoke without fire.....
    Now reread that as Thomas Driesen has been demoted and replaced by Roland's son.

You would not be so confident would you?

Without passing comment on the ability of Tommy D, Roddy, Roderick and Martin to do the job at hand there is a lot of benifit of the doubt being passed around.

There are a lot of questions that Roddy should have to answer but "we did you employ your mate Nigel" isn't one of them.  Honestly it's not. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bellz2002 said:

Now reread that as Thomas Driesen has been demoted and replaced by Roland's son.

Without passing comment on the ability of Tommy D, Roddy, Roderick and Martin to do the job at hand there is a lot of benifit of the doubt being passed around.

There are a lot of questions that Roddy should have to answer but "we did you employ your mate Nigel" isn't one of them.  Honestly it's not. 
    Personally, I’d have been confident is Driessen had been replaced by my cat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bellz2002 said:

Yes but I would trust your cat more than Roland's son.

Read it again Roddy has been demoted to below TS's son. 

No alarm bells? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bellz2002 said:

No alarm bells? 
    Not really. 

TS's son fairly obviously has come in as a senior member of staff to provide direct feedback.

I have no issue if he is above Roddy or Gallen from a purely business perspective.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bellz2002 said:

No alarm bells? 
    Not really. 

TS's son fairly obviously has come in as a senior member of staff to provide direct feedback.

I have no issue if he is above Roddy or Gallen from a purely business perspective.
    Business perspective no, football perspective?

Eyes and ears, report back to his dad of course.  Over riding the "pros" hmmmm.

If there is suggestions he is inputting on the football side I would be concerned. 
  • Options
    I wonder what the fanbase would have said if Roland appointed his unqualified son onto the SMT like Thomas has.

My guess is we’d have all lost our s*#t But in this it will be fine as it’s Sandgaard.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bellz2002 said:

No alarm bells? 
    Not really. 

If there is suggestions he is inputting on the football side I would be concerned. 
    Agreed.

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I wonder what the fanbase would have said if Roland appointed his unqualified son onto the SMT like Thomas has.

My guess is we’d have all lost our s*#t But in this it will be fine as it’s Sandgaard.
    Instead, Roland gave control to his daughter ;)
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Maccn05 said:

Instead, Roland gave control to his daughter ;)
    Did I have to say I blocked out a lot of the Rat years and focused on my football… I’m sure we took that news well!
  • Options
    FFS. In any other industry it takes 2 to 3 months to confirm a new managerial appointment.

Big knicker wetting scenario.
  • Options
    FFS. In any other industry it takes 2 to 3 months to confirm a new managerial appointment.

But in football,you can eye up a manager from another club on Monday morning,make an approach and he's in the seat by tea time Friday.

You're right. Thomas does seem to do things like he's working in a different industry. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Day 51.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Football is about passion and belonging.

When I was working too long hours I still got up early on a Sunday to put the nets up if we got the early KO game for home matches.  I miss the adrenaline rush of being a coach and manager and out thinking the opposition but not the aggro with too many folk thinking they were Alex Ferguson or Lee Bowyer.

If you can't grasp how important that JJ gets the Job ASAP then you are out of kilter with the situation. 

Pleased in some ways that it's taking time because Johnnie Jackson is getting the best possible deal he can for not only  his family but his staff and he wants guarantees that Charlton have ambition and will be pro active in getting contract extensions for certain players and who comes in this January window.

Thank fuck, certain people had the balls to call out Southall when we smelt a rat in that joke of a transfer window under that arsehole that nearly crippled my/our club.

• Options
    edited December 2021

In any other industry the CEO does not make vague public statements that an internal  promotion hire has "30 or 60 days" to be evaluated. 30 days, maybe. 60 days, maybe. But FFS, one or the other. That was another slightly odd thing to say. Pretty sure it's more decisive in Zynex
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    What is starting to look odd is that we want to be a club that supports their "own" and promote from within. Maybe they feel they've done that, but it's time to formally now promote our own and from within the Club on merit and proven ability. 

Maybe JJ is blocking the fast track path for Jacob Roddy to assistant coach before he's played a professional league game.
  • Options
    The trouble with many of us as a collective fanbase when we want something we want it right now, not tomorrow or next week but immediately and if that doesn't happen the  conspiracy theories begin.
  • Options
    Again JJ quotes said positive discussions ongoing. 

What little we know from the Fans Forum suggested very soon but agents involved. 

Is there really any significant reason to be concerned beyond natural negativity as Charlton fans?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bellz2002 said:

No alarm bells? 
    Not really. 

Not sure that Thomas’s son is there to make sure the programmes get printed on time. I’ll ask the question. How many Charlton supporters feel that JJ has done enough to be offered the job ? I think it’s most. None of us have a “pros” perspective but does that make us wrong ? I’m sure that Thomas’s son will once settled into the job come to the same conclusion. I’m certain it’s the vibe around the club. To expect the owner and his appointed representative at the club not to have any input into the football side is at best unlikely. It’s why they own a football club. 
  • Options
    Richard Murray said the reason he had the biggest say was because he put the most money in. Not over Curbs on football matters, but obviously the budget for recruitment which bizarrely increased when Alan left !

The problem with all owners is don't overstep the mark on team matters and don't pick the team !