Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    The facts and stats don’t lie 
  • Options
    Clearly they are wrangling over the length and/or money in the contract. Pull your finger out TS and give him what he deserves.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    stonemuse said:
    Baffling that Parkinson was ever given the job full time
    More baffling was the position we were in when he was sacked.
    Don’t actually agree with that. We were really awful that season and blagged our way to a false inflated position, but it was clear from watching us we were shit and not going up, which was obviously proven when the team went on to collapse to a dreadful finish even under a much better manager. 

giving Parkinson that permanent job after presiding over I think the worst ever run in our history was unbelievable!
    No transfer window and inherited the shite side that pardew left. 

I agree Powell was much better.
    Yeh I didn’t have anything against Parkinson, and liked what he did the year we lost to Swindon in the play offs and how he carried himself in shite circumstances. Just don’t think it was baffling when he was sacked cos we were toss then 
  • Options
    I think 50% of Jacksons job is done and is successful purely by being Jhonnie Jackson. The respect/charisma/motivation. The other half is his real job - tactics, formations etc. Dare I say, its almost easy for him.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    It’ll be our final Christmas present from Thomas after the ticket freebies so only 14 more sleeps 😉.
    Don’t get me started!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    RedChaser said:
    It’ll be our final Christmas present from Thomas after the ticket freebies so only 14 more sleeps 😉.
    Don’t get me started!!!
    Day 65 😲. Should’ve run a sweepstake mate 😉
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Clearly they are wrangling over the length and/or money in the contract. Pull your finger out TS and give him what he deserves.
    Is it clearly that?  I can't imagine the salary is an issue, he will be on less than Adkins or Bowyer.  Its just as likely to be about what the job actually is. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Is it clearly that?  I can't imagine the salary is an issue, he will be on less than Adkins or Bowyer.  Its just as likely to be about what the job actually is. 
    Maybe he realises he shouldn’t be? 
  • Options
    dickad1 said:
    No post match tweet from TS so far tonight. First time since Accrington and not sure it’s ever happened after a win! 
    He’s out on the piss down the Oak
  • Options
    There's an assumption that JJ has been forgotten to be given a contract or extension. 

The reality is both sides are meeting halfway and clarifying what they want going forwards. For all those who feel deeply emotionally connected, it probably helps JJ's case and salary each week that passes with a win.
  • Options
    I have a gut feeling that TS has his sights set on a foreign coach, who perhaps isn’t as yet available. Jackson is giving TS a headache. I doubt JJ has been offered anything longer than 18 months and is balking at it. I’m still convinced though that a deal will be made. 
    I think you might be right, but I also think TS is much more concerned about fan opinion than previous owners and will probably have offered Jackson a deal by now. I think Jackson probably wants longer than TS wants to give, but TS will have to give him what he wants soon or lose the fans. Of course it may already be a done deal but both parties have agreed not to announce it for whatever reason.
    The whole women’s team name fiasco has shown TS doesn’t care about outside opinion as much as initially thought 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Maybe he realises he shouldn’t be? 
    It doesn't work like that though does it.  No one else realistically is going to pay Jackson top dollar. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    It is that. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    It is that. 
    You know that or you think that?  It's not clear from what's been said in public. 
  • Options
    TS is awaiting a run of results like Murray got from Parkinson before confirming JJ as manager 
    I’ll never quite understand how I got the job full time after the crap results whilst I was caretaker 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    'Clearly'? With respect, none of us has a clue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What Thomas has to ensure he doesn't forget is how bad we were before JJ took over. We are talking as bad as we have ever been bad. To transform us into what we are now so quickly is unprecedented. 
  • Options
    Announce it on the 15th Tommy and give me the best birthday present I could imagine. Or sooner. Just as long as you do it because JJ has more than f’ing earned it.
  • Options
    TS and his wife have been mixing with supporters recently (Curbishley’ event and I noticed yesterday in the oak). Any one on here actually put the questions directly to him about why the delay and it seems resistance to give JJ the job?

Be interesting to know exactly what he is saying to supporters in response? 
  • Options
    What Thomas has to ensure he doesn't forget is how bad we were before JJ took over. We are talking as bad as we have ever been bad. To transform us into what we are now so quickly is unprecedented. 
    On the flip side Thomas, probably rightfully doesn't have the emotional attachment to Jackson that we do, and will also want to know exactly what went wrong and needs to make sure it doesn't go wrong again.

It would be perfectly natural for Thomas to also look at Adkins 1st ten games and also the first 10 games of last season.

In trying to give himself more time/fanny about/kicking the can (delete as appropriate) he has actually reduced his options, he probably could have given it to him until the end of the season after Shrewsbury.  He probably can't now. 
  • Options
    Day 52.
  • Options
    I have a gut feeling that TS has his sights set on a foreign coach, who perhaps isn’t as yet available. Jackson is giving TS a headache. I doubt JJ has been offered anything longer than 18 months and is balking at it. I’m still convinced though that a deal will be made. 
    I think you might be right, but I also think TS is much more concerned about fan opinion than previous owners and will probably have offered Jackson a deal by now. I think Jackson probably wants longer than TS wants to give, but TS will have to give him what he wants soon or lose the fans. Of course it may already be a done deal but both parties have agreed not to announce it for whatever reason.
    The whole women’s team name fiasco has shown TS doesn’t care about outside opinion as much as initially thought 
    I would say it shows he is not always very in touch with outside opinion, I would be surprised and disappointed if he sticks to his guns on that issue. 
  • Options
    Thomas Sandgaard, didn't get where he is today by not judging the mood of his customers, clients, and fans in the medical and sporting world. 

Jacko is in a strong position despite being thrown in the deep end at Sunderland.

JJ has the confidence and a positive CV to walk away now and be offered a Manager's job in League 1 or 2 sometime soon.

Thomas Sandgaard comment that Johnnie can go back to being Cafc coach won't happen now. 

Thomas Sandgaard said he will decide in Mid December, and by delaying there is no way JJ will now be a cheap option. 

I wasn't joking when I said the ambitious Ipswich Town should ask JJ agent if he is available; He wouldn't even have to move house 

My gut feeling is this Tuesday 14th December when CAFC take a giant step forward on our Journey. 

• Options
    why Tuesday ?
  • Options
    King John was born 24 December 1166. 

Our King John will be appointed on 24 December.