Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    I was having a conversation  Twitter and referred to the hold up being at Jackos end and Thomas liked the tweet. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    What has changed is that if JJ doesn't get it, he will be in demand at our level and possibly the next. The longer the delay, potentially the better contract JJ can demand. 
  • Options
    I am not so bothered by a delay as long as the outcome is not messy. And of course JJ gets the job. But it needs to be a formality and not have elements to it which has us scratching our heads. No own goals please!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Pretty sure it will be announced this coming week.  Jacko won’t be going anywhere as he’d be starting from scratch whereas he knows Charlton from top to bottom.

Thomas can’t stand agents at all which may account for some of the delay but I’d like to think our Christmas has come early.
    I don't imagine many owners like agents but it's part of the game and therefore it needs to be accepted. Especially when agents have so much influence over the players they represent and who they join.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    be very surprised if its not announced before TS flies back home 
    When does TS fly home?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    When does TS fly home?
    not sure but for some reason i have Tuesday/ Wednesday this week in my head - just wish he'd come into the fans bar after the game - i think he's doing great but i would have given him a good 5 minutes of advice and he and we would have benefited massively - imho of course !!! :)  
  • Options
    Sometime in the next two weeks.

You could say…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't believe that Thomas Sandgaard would say that to an inquiry on Linkedin When he hadn't repeated that to all and sundry who has asked TS in person or online over the last 2 months or even over the last few days.

All will be revealed soon;  TS said last month that mid December was announcement day.

He's very open on LinkedIn.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    It was announced there would be Charlton way of playing that would be replicated through all of its teams. That was dropped after 13 games! I'm pretty sure JJ would want the power to change as is necessary, something I suspect Adkins probably couldn't do. Maybe water it down to attacking, entertaining football. That would be a fundamental change to a big decision. I hope JJ is negotiating his power and influence as well as his salary as that is going to be key to the future. Our future. His future.
  • Options

My brother messaged Thomas on LinkedIn and this was his reply to my brother.
    Sandgaard is being naughty here, he may have offered terms and was saying the same yesterday  … but what I’ve heard from somebody I trust doesn’t stack up with the reply.

My take here is that Sandgaard is trying to force JJ’s hand and set the scene in case JJ doesn’t I.e., I’ve offered him terms and he hasn’t accepted (regardless of what those terms are)
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

My brother messaged Thomas on LinkedIn and this was his reply to my brother.
    Sandgaard is being naughty here, he may have offered terms and was saying the same yesterday  … but what I’ve heard from somebody I trust doesn’t stack up with the reply.

My take here is that Sandgaard is trying to force JJ’s hand and set the scene in case JJ doesn’t I.e., I’ve offered him terms and he hasn’t accepted (regardless of what those terms are)
    All perfectly plausible and would explain the delay.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    When does TS fly home?
    Last night 😉
  • Options
    Day 53.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Thomas out down the pub smoozing fans,  is clearly a PR stunt to win back goodwill after a shocking week for him, quite clever really, although very cynical.

Sandgaard has low-balled the offer the JJ and they are at a standoff. We will have to see who blinks first.
    What a load of old tosh 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tuesday, day 54, would be an excellent time to announce Jacko as new manager as no game Wednesday and will probably be a day off for the fit players, and before JJ is totally focused on the Saturday game. 

Amazing how the grapevine stories come out about the "talks" JJ said things are progressing, but needs talks to be sorted as the few incomings or outgoings needed to start a couple of weeks ago in the big scheme as we were reactive, more than pro active in many ways in the last window. ( I understand that 1st choices failed in lots of potential transfers) while TS is alleged to say Jackson's agent is holding things up ?

I continue to feel nervous as I have seen Cafc snatch so many defeats from the jaws of victory, on and off the pitch for too long under the good, the bad and the ugly.

• Options
    interesting take on it - if Jacko walks due to shit offer then I'm not sure how Thomas recovers from that...he'd undo pretty much everything he's done so far
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    interesting take on it - if Jacko walks due to shit offer then I'm not sure how Thomas recovers from that...he'd undo pretty much everything he's done so far
    Absolutely … however signs are it has been agreed. 
  • Options
    agree, for what it's worth I believe it's done and it's always been Thomas' intention to appoint Jacko, he's just been a bit guarded and taken his time given how badly the Adkins appointment turned out (and the fact that Jacko was part of the backroom team) - however it's clear to see Jacko has his own ideas and style of play and is most certainly his own man.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Thomas out down the pub smoozing fans,  is clearly a PR stunt to win back goodwill after a shocking week for him, quite clever really, although very cynical.

Sandgaard has low-balled the offer the JJ and they are at a standoff. We will have to see who blinks first.
    What a load of old tosh 
    In your opinion. But you’d know based on some of your guff.

Facts are Thomas has had a terrible week or PR and his manger hasn’t signed to low-ball contract that he’s offered (also on short terms) 

Suddenly the owner is down the pub taking selfie’s left, right and centre and telling everyone he’s offered terms (much lower than JJ’s ask) and that his agent (JJ’s dad) won’t sign it.

If you can’t see the games being played here then sorry but I can’t help you 

Thomas is trying to force JJ into signing a much lower and shorter contract but also preparing a cover story in case he walks as he knows the fan base will erupt!
    Your source is obviously giving you info which they believe to be correct, and it is info that ius certainly concerning if it is accurate.

I expect hope however that the 18 months remaining on Jackson's contract is the minimum contract he gets and it is on an increased Salary, with additional increases dependant on targets being met. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Can anyone on CL confirm who JJ agent is?
    Is it Johnnie's Dad ? 

Harry Kane has his Brother as his agent, so not totally unusual if true.