Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    I very poor decision by TS 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61b47d3d40d73/fans-forum-johnnie-jackson-charlton-womenladies-full-time-music

The name change IS happening and won't be reversed. So he is not totally beholden to public opinion, for better or worse.

What this means for Jackson and the negotiations, well, that remains to be seen. But let's not put too much weight on supporter opinion as a deciding factor
    It's got to have the right weighting it can't be the over ridding factor though.  Anyway I don't think the two are comparable in anyway. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61b47d3d40d73/fans-forum-johnnie-jackson-charlton-womenladies-full-time-music

The name change IS happening and won't be reversed. So he is not totally beholden to public opinion, for better or worse.

What this means for Jackson and the negotiations, well, that remains to be seen. But let's not put too much weight on supporter opinion as a deciding factor
    It's got to have the right weighting it can't be the over ridding factor though.  Anyway I don't think the two are comparable in anyway. 
    Absolutely agree in that Sandgaard is the owner and its ultimately his decision, and should be. But there were comments before about how he can be swayed by the opinions of fans and cares about his popularity - but perhaps not as much as we thought. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Thomas out down the pub smoozing fans,  is clearly a PR stunt to win back goodwill after a shocking week for him, quite clever really, although very cynical.

Sandgaard has low-balled the offer the JJ and they are at a standoff. We will have to see who blinks first.
    What a load of old tosh 
    In your opinion. But you’d know based on some of your guff.

Facts are Thomas has had a terrible week or PR and his manger hasn’t signed to low-ball contract that he’s offered (also on short terms) 

Suddenly the owner is down the pub taking selfie’s left, right and centre and telling everyone he’s offered terms (much lower than JJ’s ask) and that his agent (JJ’s dad) won’t sign it.

If you can’t see the games being played here then sorry but I can’t help you 

Thomas is trying to force JJ into signing a much lower and shorter contract but also preparing a cover story in case he walks as he knows the fan base will erupt!
    Facts are not this at all. Fact is the women's team is an evident own goal, but there are no other facts on the JJ side other than, at the moment, he's still a caretaker manager on a 60 day review period which is nearly up. 

TS has been down the pub with fans since before he joined, so don't think you can level accusations of manipulation on him there. It's hardly 'suddenly'. 

You seem to have a real agenda against him and I can't work out what your desired outcome is. You want him to be a wrong un? Or you want everyone to take off their optimistic glasses and be a cynical grouch? What do you want to happen, ownership-wise?
    Facts was based on he clearly had a bad week last week (Women’s, JJ, The Song) and I’ve been told about JJ’s negotiations by somebody inside the club (so to be fair that’s not facts, more rumour, but I trust the source)

Like everyone I’m grateful for what Thomas did to rescue the club from ESI and admin and the improving atmosphere around the club.

Do I like Sandgaard? no not particularly. I don’t like his show off personality, I don’t like how he makes everything about him, how media hungry he is and I’ve not agreed with a good few of his decisions.

I’ve also been told a few things about how he works I’ve not liked what I’ve been told.

On top of that I don’t think he has the funds to do what he promised - I think he’ll be gone within 3-5 years - just my opinion, not fact.

If I could have had a choice I’d have picked Barclay & Varney over Sandgaard without hesitation.

…. and yes I genuinely believe the trip to the pub was all about winning back some goodwill, but that’s not fact just my opinions.

With all these facts I feel like Rafa Benitez. 
    Care to share?

With regard to funding, Sandgaard said early doors he will look for further investment as/when it is needed. 

In all honesty no I wouldn't betray the source - but I was told he's already point blank refused one investment proposal. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I really dont know why there is so much bed wetting going on. 

Thomas said 30-60 days, that takes us to the middle of next week.  He probably shouldn't have said it but it is what it is.

He hasn't appointed someone else.  From all sources there are negotiations on going.  It's easy for fans to say "give him what ever he wants", because, well it is.  If we always did that we have Lyle Taylor in the pay roll on 40k a week!!

There is absolutely no reason to believe he won't get it the job.  Thomas, in all honesty, is doing what he should be doing to protect his business. He hasn't gone back on his word, yet. 

I am not sure why any adult could be insulated by it and being insulted on JJs behalf, when there is no indication he is, is ummm unique. 
    Agreed. Whilst obviously like everyone else i want him to be our manager, i don't care if he stays as 'caretaker' all season if we keep winning.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Thomas just doesn’t want to appoint somebody who is better at playing the guitar than him. 
    Well that rules out most then tbf
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Thomas out down the pub smoozing fans,  is clearly a PR stunt to win back goodwill after a shocking week for him, quite clever really, although very cynical.

Sandgaard has low-balled the offer the JJ and they are at a standoff. We will have to see who blinks first.
    What a load of old tosh 

Facts are Thomas has had a terrible week or PR and his manger hasn’t signed to low-ball contract that he’s offered (also on short terms) 

Suddenly the owner is down the pub taking selfie’s left, right and centre and telling everyone he’s offered terms (much lower than JJ’s ask) and that his agent (JJ’s dad) won’t sign it.

Thomas is trying to force JJ into signing a much lower and shorter contract but also preparing a cover story in case he walks as he knows the fan base will erupt!
    Facts are not this at all. Fact is the women's team is an evident own goal, but there are no other facts on the JJ side other than, at the moment, he's still a caretaker manager on a 60 day review period which is nearly up. 

TS has been down the pub with fans since before he joined, so don't think you can level accusations of manipulation on him there. It's hardly 'suddenly'. 

You seem to have a real agenda against him and I can't work out what your desired outcome is. You want him to be a wrong un? Or you want everyone to take off their optimistic glasses and be a cynical grouch? What do you want to happen, ownership-wise?
    Facts was based on he clearly had a bad week last week (Women’s, JJ, The Song) and I’ve been told about JJ’s negotiations by somebody inside the club (so to be fair that’s not facts, more rumour, but I trust the source)

Like everyone I’m grateful for what Thomas did to rescue the club from ESI and admin and the improving atmosphere around the club.

Do I like Sandgaard? no not particularly. I don’t like his show off personality, I don’t like how he makes everything about him, how media hungry he is and I’ve not agreed with a good few of his decisions.

I’ve also been told a few things about how he works I’ve not liked what I’ve been told.

On top of that I don’t think he has the funds to do what he promised - I think he’ll be gone within 3-5 years - just my opinion, not fact.

If I could have had a choice I’d have picked Barclay & Varney over Sandgaard without hesitation.

…. and yes I genuinely believe the trip to the pub was all about winning back some goodwill, but that’s not fact just my opinions.

Care to share?

With regard to funding, Sandgaard said early doors he will look for further investment as/when it is needed. 

In all honesty no I wouldn't betray the source - but I was told he's already point blank refused one investment proposal. 

Well that's potentially good news then that he is not desperate/ willing to let any Tom, Dick, Tahoon or Matt in the door and that proposals have got to be sound and beneficial to him (and hopefully) the club.
    Not In my opinion as the investor was seriously monied and I’m convinced would have been great news … probably not somebody I can now see TS wanting to share decision making with

(have been told he’s a real control freak - that’s not fact just a rumour)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

What a load of old tosh 

Care to share?

Well that's potentially good news then that he is not desperate/ willing to let any Tom, Dick, Tahoon or Matt in the door and that proposals have got to be sound and beneficial to him (and hopefully) the club.
    Not In my opinion as the investor was seriously monied and I’m convinced would have been great news … probably not somebody I can now see TS wanting to share decision making with

To be fair, every business owner or CEO I’ve ever come across are control freaks, that’s why they are so successful, including Thomas. 

Also, Is this the same source who claimed JJ’s agent is his Dad, which isn’t true.. or are we talking about someone different? 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

What a load of old tosh 

Care to share?

But bad news for those who don’t like TS due to his personality.

Well that's potentially good news then that he is not desperate/ willing to let any Tom, Dick, Tahoon or Matt in the door and that proposals have got to be sound and beneficial to him (and hopefully) the club.

Oi … don’t bring me into this 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    _MrDick said:
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

What a load of old tosh 

Care to share?

But bad news for those who don’t like TS due to his personality.

Well that's potentially good news then that he is not desperate/ willing to let any Tom, Dick, Tahoon or Matt in the door and that proposals have got to be sound and beneficial to him (and hopefully) the club.

Oi … don’t bring me into this 
    You have my sympathies mate you’ve been unfairly maligned all your life, it’s unwarranted 😉.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

What a load of old tosh 

Care to share?

To be fair, every business owner or CEO I’ve ever come across are control freaks, that’s why they are so successful, including Thomas. 

Also, Is this the same source who claimed JJ’s agent is his Dad, which isn’t true.. or are we talking about someone different? 

Different source. I was told that JJ’s dad was leading the contract discussions - couldn't claim it be sure if he’s actually his agent. 
  • Options
    The anti-TS rhetoric I’m seeing lately across all social media platforms is really irritating. The man isn’t perfect but it’s like we’ve been blessed with a decent owner and people aren’t used to it. It’s pathetic at times.
    Does a so called decent owner make the odd mistake and play a guitar?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @oohaahmortimer - thanks for the genuine belly / abs laugh!
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

What a load of old tosh 

Fact, you didn’t have a choice who owned us, so either accept what we have and enjoy it, instead of pissing  on people’s chips with rumours and speculation from so called trusted sources. Or at least let everyone that wants to like the fella do so!!. Some people on here are are tiresome in there pursuit of conspiracy!!. Ffs.🙄
    No I don’t have a choice which is why I said could. I was simply answering a question from another poster… so calm yourself down,

I love supporting this manager and the team and do so at every opportunity. I just don’t support the owner, my choice and should have no impact on others. Some of our fans are tiresome and get more behind the owner than they do our players and won’t have a bad word said about him.

I’ve simply passed on information I’ve heard, which I thought was what people on this forum wanted. You can take it for what you will, In the same way I would anything you’ve posted. I’m sorry if it doesn’t suit your narrative.

In future I’ll just say wonderful things about your hero so you and your chips are happy.
  • Options
    @Maccn05 
    It's not important to me that your not a fan of Thomas Sandgaard but can I double check that you said Johnnie Jackson's Dad is his agent ?  

• Options
    So anyways has JJ got the job yet…?,asking for a friend like…🤔
  • Options
    No I’ve never met Thomas and have no inclination too. I don’t think they are my type of people and I don’t fawn for celebrity.

You make it sound like you’ve never criticised or disliked a player, manager, owner based on what you’ve seen in the public. I’m pretty sure your being a hypocrite there.

It’s not also true to say the team is only there because of Sandgaard. This club is a community and there are many reasons the team is there like us fans (all of us) that part fund the club and travel and support each week, commercial sponsors, volunteers for the trust and outreach etc. Oh and the transfers funded by previous incomings.

I’d also add that I don’t hate Sandgaard, I try to hate a few as possible but I don’t like his style or many of the decisions he’s made. But of course he’s no Mouthall, Elliot or Roland and he’s done some good things. I could share some of what I’ve heard that’s less positive but why, you wouldn’t believe anyway.

What I’ve heard from a handful of fellow supporters, who each know people at the club and the common theme around the JJ situation is Thomas has lowballed the offer vs. JJ’s expectations in terms of wage and length of contract (burnt by the Adkins experience)  I’ve shared that, take it for what you want.

We’ll see what happens in the next week or so. For what it’s worth I’m desperate for JJ to get the gig as he’s given us all hope in the season and the season following the turgid Adkins era.