Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Phil said:
    This is now totally beyond a joke. Saturday, when at home with Thomas here, was the last perfect opportunity to confirm the permanent deal and show solidarity.
    If Jackson is appointed and Sandgaard isn't alongside him it won't send out a great message given all the opportunity he's had to do so in the last 2 weeks or so.
    It's ridiculous that it's gone on for so long. By dithering so much Sandgaard has weakened his own position whilst Jackson has strengthened his immensely.
    I'm seriously fed up with this now as I suspect we all are.
    I can't believe that Jackson is making unreasonable demands. 
    Whatever the case, Sandgaard has barely commented on the subject unfairly leaving Jackson to answer related questions on an almost daily basis.
    There has been so much time to sort out any issues and something doesn't seem right. I hope I'm wrong.
     Allegedly It's Jackson's agent that is making things more difficult. Not sure what they are doing but TS isn't happy with the agent as he felt it was a "done deal" before now. 

p.s "Done deal" is in jest, but he did believe to have an agreement with Jacko. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Thinking about that a bit more ( and tbh my thoughts on agents are similar to TS's ) if JJ was happy and the club were happy then I would tell JJ to tell his agent to do one or the deal is off, f88king parasites the lot of them
    lets not go round this loop again please - its standard procedure to blame the agent - that is what they ae there for - they are the villain - no agent acts without his clients instruction - and i'm not saying jacko is instructing hiom to be a pain in the arse / demand too much as i don't know the ins and outs of it and neither, i should suspect, does anybody else other than the parties involved, regardless of any info that either party might have released - clearly a  negotiation going on.  
    This 100% it's a negotiation at the end of the day and both parties have to be happy to deal. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    AndyG said:
    Thinking about that a bit more ( and tbh my thoughts on agents are similar to TS's ) if JJ was happy and the club were happy then I would tell JJ to tell his agent to do one or the deal is off, f88king parasites the lot of them
    lets not go round this loop again please - its standard procedure to blame the agent - that is what they ae there for - they are the villain - no agent acts without his clients instruction - and i'm not saying jacko is instructing hiom to be a pain in the arse / demand too much as i don't know the ins and outs of it and neither, i should suspect, does anybody else other than the parties involved, regardless of any info that either party might have released - clearly a  negotiation going on.  
    This 100% it's a negotiation at the end of the day and both parties have to be happy to deal. 
    Yes obviously that should always be the case but all of those that are likely to enter meltdown mode if it doesnt get sorted should remember that the key thing in that statement is that both parties have to be happy with the deal
  • Options
    I have no inside information on the talks:

Johnnie Jackson is a 39 year old man who has been involved in Professional football for 22 years, as a player, coach, and a Manager.

The agent (unknown) will be carrying out instructions from JJ which are Commensurate with a very successful Interim period where we are 3rd in the form table after being 22nd and thrown in the deep end at Sunderland. 

JJ has passed with flying colours and Cliché corner fans can have the new manager bounce give  a direct hit where the sun don't shine.

Doucher words at 4.44 are spot on ;Only know agents/reps lower down the food chain but they are not all evil guys but obviously similar to the leech that was Southall, skull duggery will take place with the in demand young teenage footballers.

That won't be the case in Johnnie negotiations. 
  • Options
    Honestly what is the point of having an agent in this scenario. Jacko will know what he wants/deserve, TS has made him an offer he agrees with. Now his agent wants a slice of the cake. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    while I agree that when it comes to the relationship with their agent, Jacko will be far more confident and assertive than, well let’s say, Conor Gallagher at the time he was inexplicably removed from us ;) , nobody should underestimate how much naked rampant greed and manipulative instincts are in the DNA of agents. 

And if that turns out to be a bit unfair on Jacko’s agent: Too bad. Go and find a journalist to help explain all the selfless good work you do. 
  • Options
    while I agree that when it comes to the relationship with their agent, Jacko will be far more confident and assertive than, well let’s say, Conor Gallagher at the time he was inexplicably removed from us ;) , nobody should underestimate how much naked rampant greed and manipulative instincts are in the DNA of agents. 

And if that turns out to be a bit unfair on Jacko’s agent: Too bad. Go and find a journalist to help explain all the selfless good work you do. 
    My point is that Jacko is responsible for his agent. End of story.
  • Options
    oh just get on with it
     TS, JJ and JJ agent have had long enough to sort this
  • Options

My point is that Jacko is responsible for his agent. End of story.
    Ofcourse he is, as a responsible adult he will be taking advice from the person he employs to do that job. My point is if it turns out agreement cannot be reached then it's just one of those things nobody should blame the club or the owner. None of us know the details and that's the way it should be
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Jackson can accept the contract even if his agent doesn't want him too. We have a problem because Jackson's stock has risen during the delay. He now has a decent chance of getting another job if he doesn't get/take the Charlton one. I suspect when push comes to shove it will be sorted.
  • Options
    I wonder if JJ has the same agent as Deji, who forced the young man to sign for West Ham 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Honestly what is the point of having an agent in this scenario. Jacko will know what he wants/deserve, TS has made him an offer he agrees with. Now his agent wants a slice of the cake. 
    He agent wants a percentage of any pay off JJ gets if sacked 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Are you JJ agent Ronnie Moore ? I'm amazed with all the people ITK on CL over the last few years, I have been waiting for the agents name to compare his track  record with his other clients.

Is this a Watergate situation or has the news of the world Phone tapper found new employment ?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    If that’s true, then that’s a discussion between JJ and his agent. It’s JJ that pays him, not the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    It can be said that based on the overwhelming balance of opinion on this thread Jacko should have been given the job yonks ago, and  Jacko wants the gig, whilst at the same time "allegedly" Thomas has negotiated a deal.
    Now "allegedly" along come "The Agent" who has "allegedly" put a bloody big spoke in the wheel and could "allegedly" put the kibosh on the whole bloody scenario..
    Now the long and the short of it is, none of us know sweet f*ck all as to where we really are in this whole sorry mess.."allegedly" so as Henry would say WIOTOS...let's just pray it is sooner rather than later eh... B)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Not true.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Not true.
    Obviously. Its Ronnie Moore saying it. 
  • Options
    I think we may be getting to the point where @Dazzler21 has to break out the ITK spreadsheet on this saga...
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    aliwibble said:
    I think we may be getting to the point where @Dazzler21 has to break out the ITK spreadsheet on this saga...
    Can I just be clear, I know absolutely f€%k all, and if there was a league table of bestest and most important Charlton fan I’d be near the bottom I think!!!.  But I do enjoy the reds have a kick about. 😜
  • Options
    edited December 2021
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Not true.
    Are you suggesting Bexley Boy/Colin Sam's/Ronnie maybe incorrect?

Find that difficult to understand.
    He is misunderstood. Since he tested positive for Covid in 2016 he has never been the same. 
  • Options
    Again what I was told was the Sandgaard had lowballed JJ’s offer and it was miles away from what Adkins was on and that’s what Jacko expects to be paid - the same for doing the same job (rightly or wrongly) Sandgaard doesn’t want to be on the hook for the same level of compensation though.

Maybe this fee isn’t an agent fee and is a signing on fee or bonus to make up for the lower wage? 

If this was the case I find it very strange and or unprofessional that Thomas would be talking about another person contract of employment on LinkedIn.

Not bashing Thomas but maybe he wants this rumour out there.