Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Give Jacko The Job (He got given it on page 31...)

Comments

• Options
    My guess would be the length of the contract. 
  • Options
    Utterly ridiculous that JJ hasn't been confirmed in post yet.  WTF is going on behind the scenes? 
  • Options
    Utterly ridiculous that JJ hasn't been confirmed in post yet.  WTF is going on behind the scenes? 
    Indeed. Stupid now. 
  • Options
    I'm convinced he's already got it and they're just negotiating salary and contract length. We've also been playing weekend/midweek for the past few weeks so probably not a lot of spare time to sit down.

Fully expect that with a week to the next game and the players perhaps getting a couple of days off now that they'll sit down and it will be announced soon.
  • Options
    Getting silly now 
  • Options
    Surely got to be the club's biggest priority getting Jackson to put pen to paper asap. 

Has turned a disastrous start to a season on its head.
  • Options
    £500 per week being added to the contract at this point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    I have a gut feeling that TS has his sights set on a foreign coach, who perhaps isn’t as yet available. Jackson is giving TS a headache. I doubt JJ has been offered anything longer than 18 months and is balking at it. I’m still convinced though that a deal will be made. 
  • Options
    Not sure what I can add to this lot, except  just give hon. The job Tommy!!
  • Options
    My first post on this thread I believe.

Just give him the effing job. Now,

I think that is all that needs to be said.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    TS doesn't do things quietly, he has to play a major part in it. He's not going to just give JJ the job in the usual way, I (seriously) think he's waiting until nearer Xmas when he can announce it as a present from him to the loyal fans.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Parkinson got the permanent job and Jackson hasn't yet!!
  • Options
    I have a gut feeling that TS has his sights set on a foreign coach, who perhaps isn’t as yet available. Jackson is giving TS a headache. I doubt JJ has been offered anything longer than 18 months and is balking at it. I’m still convinced though that a deal will be made. 
    I think you might be right, but I also think TS is much more concerned about fan opinion than previous owners and will probably have offered Jackson a deal by now. I think Jackson probably wants longer than TS wants to give, but TS will have to give him what he wants soon or lose the fans. Of course it may already be a done deal but both parties have agreed not to announce it for whatever reason.
  • Options
    Does seem very peculiar to not have it announced by now. I think we all know he will get it, so as long as JJ is happy then so am I.
  • Options
    The fans need the sense of relief by getting this done and out of the way.

TS....just be honest. You had an idea for another manager to replace Adkins but JJ has now forcefully made you reconsider.

You need to accept this and stop wasting time.
    No one gives a shit about another manager.

JJ has well an truly earned this.

Go back on your original plan and allow reality to smoothly decide our fate. Don't be stubborn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2021
    No post match tweet from TS so far tonight. First time since Accrington and not sure it’s ever happened after a win! 
  • Options
    TS is in danger of losing a lot of goodwill the longer he lets this drag on 
  • Options
    Embarrassing how it’s gone on this long 
  • Options
    Just wondering, are we going to be even better when JJ gets the official nod, if so I reckon we will win the league!!!!!!!!, seriously though please stop the questioning with hints of conspiracy. It will be sorted, let’s just keep doing our job as fans as that’s all we can control. There is no reason at all why TS isn’t going to make JJ official, results alone will determine that, then the players, then us as fans. Still no rush for me, in time for the jan window will be fine.
  • Options
    There were whispers it will be done this week so just use your energy on the win rather than something to moan about I'd say.
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    stonemuse said:
    Baffling that Parkinson was ever given the job full time
    More baffling was the position we were in when he was sacked.
  • Options
    It’ll be our final Christmas present from Thomas after the ticket freebies so only 14 more sleeps 😉.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    stonemuse said:
    Don’t actually agree with that. We were really awful that season and blagged our way to a false inflated position, but it was clear from watching us we were shit and not going up, which was obviously proven when the team went on to collapse to a dreadful finish even under a much better manager. 

giving Parkinson that permanent job after presiding over I think the worst ever run in our history was unbelievable!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    stonemuse said:
    Don’t actually agree with that. We were really awful that season and blagged our way to a false inflated position, but it was clear from watching us we were shit and not going up, which was obviously proven when the team went on to collapse to a dreadful finish even under a much better manager. 

giving Parkinson that permanent job after presiding over I think the worst ever run in our history was unbelievable!
    No transfer window and inherited the shite side that pardew left. 

I agree Powell was much better.