Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

Comments

• Got 2 for north lower had me booster yesterday fill really bad today pick up from grove park
  • There are four problems I see with this offer base:

1. it encourages people to easily take tickets they don’t end up using for one reason or another

2. There is no follow up ability from the club to any of the new people that are giving the tickets to tempt them with future comms and offers etc

3. A fair amount of those taking up the tickets may be fans that were already intending to come and pay for the tickets

4.  It makes some people think twice about buying season tickets / tickets if there is the perception there are always going to be a number of offers / freebies available throughout a season

Balancing that, the positives are that it introduces some new people to the club, linked through existing fans there’s a higher chance they may come more regularly, it improves the attendance and atmosphere and does create an additional spend when on site.

Been massively helped so far by the performance of the last two games. Let’s hope we make it a hat trick today 
    Point 2 is very valid.  Almost making these free ticket promotions unnecessary.
  • Not if we win every game 2-0 and play as well as we have.
  • _MrDick said:
    I have 3 tickets available for todays match, West Upper. Print at home. Message me if interested. First come first served. Only downside is you’ll be sitting next to me. 
    Gone 
  • I’ve got 2 in the NW if anybody wants them. 
  • stonemuse said:
    kentred2 said:
    One of the reasons for so many empty seats is that people apply for their 3 free tickets but fail to use them.
    While I'm all in favour of trying to fill the valley I think in future the 3 tickets you can claim should be £5 each.
    This I believe would stop the unnecessary claiming of seats without actually using them.
    Given that the empty seats against Plymouth were in large blocks it’s more that the club didn’t find anyone to take up the tickets they took off sale. Why they did that is baffling as put off match day buyers. And of course means the ridiculous and frankly embarrassing attendance figures. 
    Not sure why it’s embarrassing.  We got more people in the ground but less than the publicised attendance. 

Who is making you feel embarrassed? 
    That the club is announcing 26000 when only 18000 max there. Smacks of look how big a club we are. 
    Also when success on the pitch fills the Valley without ticket promotions it will be less of a big deal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My 3 tickets in NW block D have become available again if anyone still needs some

1. it encourages people to easily take tickets they don’t end up using for one reason or another

2. There is no follow up ability from the club to any of the new people that are giving the tickets to tempt them with future comms and offers etc

3. A fair amount of those taking up the tickets may be fans that were already intending to come and pay for the tickets

4.  It makes some people think twice about buying season tickets / tickets if there is the perception there are always going to be a number of offers / freebies available throughout a season

Balancing that, the positives are that it introduces some new people to the club, linked through existing fans there’s a higher chance they may come more regularly, it improves the attendance and atmosphere and does create an additional spend when on site.

Been massively helped so far by the performance of the last two games. Let’s hope we make it a hat trick today 
    Blowing smoke up my own arse here, but I am pleased to say that via this initiative I have converted a 12 year old boy from a Man U fan to a Charlton fan - his Mum tells us he won’t take the Charlton shirt we bought him off when he is not at school - gave him his Cambridge tickets on Wednesday, and he lost the plot with excitement - at school this week he had to write an essay in History about something he is interested in, and he wrote a short history of Charlton Athletic - this has been achieved from the Plymouth game onwards

I’m well chuffed
    It could be argued that you are a horrible bast##d mate for setting him up for a lifetime of misery with the occasional highlight of hope 😂
  • AndyG said:
    There are four problems I see with this offer base:

Blowing smoke up my own arse here, but I am pleased to say that via this initiative I have converted a 12 year old boy from a Man U fan to a Charlton fan - his Mum tells us he won’t take the Charlton shirt we bought him off when he is not at school - gave him his Cambridge tickets on Wednesday, and he lost the plot with excitement - at school this week he had to write an essay in History about something he is interested in, and he wrote a short history of Charlton Athletic - this has been achieved from the Plymouth game onwards

I’m well chuffed
    It could be argued that you are a horrible bast##d mate for setting him up for a lifetime of misery with the occasional highlight of hope 😂
    I did joke to his Mum that I am inflicting on him what my Dad inflicted on me 😜
  • edited December 2021
    Got 3 going together in the West Upper block R if anyone wants them drop me a message

EDIT - gone
  • I dont understand why people are getting stressed about this. Anything that encourages people through the gates that wouldnt normally go can only be a good thing. It will hopefully retain a few as fans for the future, it drives the team on. Honestly what's not to like ? In a world where people have countless ways to spend their cash this is a great initiative to hopefully show what is on offer when you buy a ticket in future
  • Another positive thing about the ticket offer is it gets people into the routine / habit of going to football. Get them to do it 2 or 3 times and it might become a new routine for people and is how you get them hooked in to come again next time but paying on the door. The last two performances / results will have certainly helped as well.
  • The proof in the pudding will be the first home game with no reductions on prices and how many half season tickets are sold. 
  • The easiest way to avoid missing out when they spend a month giving away tickets... is to buy one. If you're a regular that buys on the gate, the deal wasn't really aimed at you in the first place. 
  • I now have 2 tickets upper Covered End (my mate can’t come now) for today

Pm me if you want them 
  • Sponsored links:

• kentred2 said:
    stonemuse said:
    kentred2 said:
    One of the reasons for so many empty seats is that people apply for their 3 free tickets but fail to use them.
    While I'm all in favour of trying to fill the valley I think in future the 3 tickets you can claim should be £5 each.
    This I believe would stop the unnecessary claiming of seats without actually using them.
    Given that the empty seats against Plymouth were in large blocks it’s more that the club didn’t find anyone to take up the tickets they took off sale. Why they did that is baffling as put off match day buyers. And of course means the ridiculous and frankly embarrassing attendance figures. 
    Not sure why it’s embarrassing.  We got more people in the ground but less than the publicised attendance. 

Who is making you feel embarrassed? 
    That the club is announcing 26000 when only 18000 max there. Smacks of look how big a club we are. 
    Also when success on the pitch fills the Valley without ticket promotions it will be less of a big deal. 
    Never mind that, what a great atmosphere they generate. Charlton really is a sleeping giant and maybe Tommy, Jacko and Jason Euell et al are the ones to wake it up 

I’m well chuffed
    Love this. If even 5% of 10k free tickets are converted into fans and want a half ST then it's been a roaring success.
  • AndyG said:
    There are four problems I see with this offer base:

I’m well chuffed
    I did joke to his Mum that I am inflicting on him what my Dad inflicted on me 😜
    That's the thing mate it's a perpetual circle of misery 🤭 at the Plymouth game I visited the club shop and bought a load of stuff for our recently born Granddaughter and although it filled me with joy it was also tinged with a fair amount of guilt 😂😂

I’m well chuffed
    Good man - as I said a few weeks back - don’t ask what the club can do for u, ask what u can do for the club - we got about 10 lapsed fans back for Plymouth and have a different 10 ish coming today - all lapsed / floaters 
  • There’s a lot of people ok out there aimlessly walking around blue water with there wife’s on a Saturday afternoon who just need a bit of ‘re direction’ in their life 
  • I’m going to grace The Valley with my presence this afternoon instead of nipping over to Madrid for a few hours to watch the match and knocking back a bottle of wine during the game. Oh the things I do for Charlton!
  • If TS going to play his guitar and then introduce the one and only Jonnie Jackson as manager of Charlton Athletic our famous football club. 

You only have to look at the threads on here to confirm number 3 is correct. Fans without season tickets who would normally purchase a single ticket getting in for free