Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    reckon there was 7500 in the covered end, 4.5k in the west, 3k in the east and  3k in the south - £18k - about 9K seats empty - 2k local residents, 2k season ticket holders and 2k printed but not used tickets and £2k floaters who saw the weather and decided not to  
    That's what it felt like to me but I wouldn't argue with Airman's figures as these will have authenticity behind them. The atmosphere was more akin to an 18,000 rather than a 14,000 gate.
  • edited December 2021
    Blucher said:
    Seth - with regard to your question, did Mitov, our ex-youth team goalie, score with a huge wind-assisted goal kick ?
    It wasn’t a goal kick it was from open play⚽️
    I actually think it was nearer the goal line than the six yard line, has there ever been a longer shot in the history of football anywhere?
    As far as I can tell it is a world record.
  • AC stand was about 50% full, maybe less. Just all spread out
  • edited December 2021

If you look closely at the image I think you’ll see that it's not 50%. You might make a case for one or two blocks but the emptier ones drag it down.
  • The jackpot ticket first prize amount used to be a reasonably good indicator of how full the home stands were but that has changed with the cashless valley.
    @oohaahmortimer will be fuming with @Airman Browns reality check on home attendance as this will increase the percentages of fans we take away.

• If you look closely at the image I think you’ll see that it's not 50%. You might make a case for one or two blocks but the emptier ones drag it down.
    What’s the AC stand capacity ?

• If you look closely at the image I think you’ll see that it's not 50%. You might make a case for one or two blocks but the emptier ones drag it down.
    What’s the AC stand capacity ?
    About 5,700.
  • edited December 2021
    it was 6000 when it was built - can you fit all the people in the blocks from and including the second L in valley into the blocks from the first L towards the east - i think just about so i reckon 3k - notdoubting airman's knowledge but reckon he's part of a tax avoidance scenario - joke btw  
  • I reckon it was 26000 but 9000 odd were in the bar and refreshment queues all evening. 
  • Seth was still waiting outside behind one of the broken turnstiles  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Currently only 738 tickets left in the home stands 
  • I got there at 7:25ish expecting the same horrendous queues outside the Curbs stand that there were before the Plymouth game, and went through in no time
    You were lucky.

Me and grandson no 2 joined the queue for the Top Drawer, Cupboard End turnstiles by the Crossbars entrance at about the same time (despite having collected him from primary school at 3:15pm and setting off immediately for Charlton we didn't get parked until 7:10pm) ... and didn't get inside the ground until after the match had kicked off. The game was about 8 minutes in by the time we reached our seats on the back row.

The only saving grace was that we didn't miss any of the good stuff!

(The journey home wasn't much better as the A11 northbound was closed from the A11 so had to detour to Cambridge and join the A14 back to Newmarket. We didn't get home until after 1:15am :( )
  • My daughter lost her debit card in the West stand, luckly was able cancel it on her phone when she realised. Apparently some shit must have found it and tried to use it at the bar instead of handing it in. Wanker. 
  • It would be interesting to know and I'm sure the club will do proper analysis of the breakdown between shows and no shows split between season ticket holders, season ticket freebies, local resident comps and other comps. 

I'm sure the dreadful weather in the afternoon put a lot of people off on the day and I wonder whether the option of Charlton TV then came into play.

I expect a higher turn up on Saturday even though it is a less atractive game on paper 
  • redman said:
    It would be interesting to know and I'm sure the club will do proper analysis of the breakdown between shows and no shows split between season ticket holders, season ticket freebies, local resident comps and other comps. 

I'm sure the dreadful weather in the afternoon put a lot of people off on the day and I wonder whether the option of Charlton TV then came into play.

I expect a higher turn up on Saturday even though it is a less atractive game on paper 
    You have to scan your ticket in order to get into the ground and so this information should be recorded on the 'puter system somewhere. If you try scanning a ticket twice it won't work the second time so each individual ticket should have a unique identifier traceable back to the ticket-holder/purchaser and therefore the nature of that ticket.

It's not just a case of shows vs no-shows, a number of no-shows will be location-related i.e. ticket-holders who live too far away for evening matches (regardless of the weather) so other factors/information need to be taken into account when analysing the no-show data.

• My daughter lost her debit card in the West stand, luckly was able cancel it on her phone when she realised. Apparently some shit must have found it and tried to use it at the bar instead of handing it in. Wanker. 
    That’s poor.
  • Well, any doubts about the Fill the Valley incentive must be well and truly dispelled now. The Plymouth game was a huge success and all casual supporters must have enjoyed it. Some will probably return on the strength of that game alone, but by having two more games in quick succession is a great idea to consolidate the momentum gained in attracting new fans. If we can manage another great performance and victory on Saturday, I cannot see how the incentive can fail to add new fans. 

I think the home draw in the FA Cup against Premier League opposition (shame it wasn't Arsenal) will also be another great opportunity to boost the Club's profile. It will be interesting to see the size of the crowd for the Norwich game. I suspect it could be much greater than typical FA Cup gates. Personally, I have given cup games a miss for many years, but I think I will be attending this one. 

It was slightly disappointing to see so many empty seats yesterday. The tickets were all "sold", but many were wasted. I don't see the point in season ticket holders taking their 3 free tickets and then not using them. The actual attendance yesterday looked well under 20,000, probably somewhere around 17,000? I can understand that midweek games can be trickier to attend for many, and the weather earlier in the day had been atrocious, but still a shame to see so many empty seats when we were playing against attractive opposition.

Roll on Saturday and, hopefully, another great atmosphere at The Valley. 
    It was a great night so let’s leave the analysis for another time, but home areas were about 50% full last night and about 70% full against Plymouth. That’s a lot better than the 30% against Accrington.
    No way only 50% last night, wasn’t any where near full but more than 50% from where I was sitting
    There’s some videos taken from the Jimmy Seed by Ipswich fans I’ve seen (like when Stockley scores) and it certainly looks fuller than 50%, but maybe that’s deceptive?
  • I got there at 7:25ish expecting the same horrendous queues outside the Curbs stand that there were before the Plymouth game, and went through in no time
    You were lucky.

Me and grandson no 2 joined the queue for the Top Drawer, Cupboard End turnstiles by the Crossbars entrance at about the same time (despite having collected him from primary school at 3:15pm and setting off immediately for Charlton we didn't get parked until 7:10pm) ... and didn't get inside the ground until after the match had kicked off. The game was about 8 minutes in by the time we reached our seats on the back row.

The only saving grace was that we didn't miss any of the good stuff!

(The journey home wasn't much better as the A11 northbound was closed from the A11 so had to detour to Cambridge and join the A14 back to Newmarket. We didn't get home until after 1:15am :( )
    The Covered End, especially the upper tier, always seems to have longer queues, due to all the separate turnstiles, whereas the Curbs benefits from having one big block of them together on Harvey Gardens

One area which needs remodelling though is the entrance to the family stand, where to access the queue you have to go across the Curbs entrance
    How do you know they "tried to use it"
    Guessing it came up on one of her transactions on her bank statements? 
  • Sponsored links:

id imagine any transaction declined is recorded and would appear on your online/mobile/bank statement
  • Football for a fiver is a much better option in my opinion. People will always take a freebie and if they don't use it they have lost nothing. If they have spent money , even only £5 , they are more likely to use it. 
    I am in this camp as well.

Plus the amount of people just on here alone that would normally buy a ticket but instead used the thread to obtain a free one surely meant the club lost out financially
    She gets a notification when her or her fiance uses it. She got a notification to say that the card had tried to be used but was declined (because she cancelled it). It is a pretty cool feature with the account they have, seems to be just about instant.
    Guessing it came up on one of her transactions on her bank statements? 
    No it was almost instant. I assume it was only minutes between her losing it, cancelling it and someone trying g to use it.
    She gets a notification when her or her fiance uses it. She got a notification to say that the card had tried to be used but was declined (because she cancelled it). It is a pretty cool feature with the account they have, seems to be just about instant.
    My wife and son have that feature on thier cards. Recommended.
  • Can that be correct, no seats in NW quad?  Trying to book only one for Daisy!
  • Has anybody got a couple of spares for tomorrow?
  • If anyone has any spare for Saturday (preferably Covered End but anywhere will do) drop me a DM!