Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

1323334353638»

Comments

• Options
    You can’t keep giving offers or it becomes a discount store ?!
  • Options
    clive said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Nice of the club to acknowledge the frustration that some fans are feeling, but that letter was a little too Roland-esque for my liking.
    maybe a whoooshh moment for me?  In what way is this Roland-esque?

1. Communication, 2. Polite, 3. Included an apology, 4. Open invitation for fans to be part of consultation going forwards, 5. Clear changes being made.

I think it is great and given how at pains @Airman Brown has been in telling everyone that so many of the current initiatives are poorly thought through and how much experience he has I would hope he is one of the first to contact them and get involved.
    They contacted me first. I am, as always, happy to talk to the club privately. They know that. I’ve been helping them with coaches for some time but not been consulted about tickets. 

It’s not important to me whether I am consulted, more that the club stops doing daft things. If I can help with that I will. Regardless, it’s a fact that I was heavily involved with the ticketing structure and promotions over a 20 year period. There will be plenty of others who have different things to bring to the table, but the key is understanding your market.

I’m honestly not sure why, or how many, season ticket-holders would want to attend meetings about this stuff. I think there is an element of realisation that they have got it badly wrong and they are trying to retrieve that, but let’s see where we go next.
    I attended a meeting yesterday evening, two other long serving season ticket holders also were there, the club staff were very friendly & were very receptive to our views & suggestions, Dr Rayleen was also there taking notes & joined in the discussion, Thomas also popped in for a short time.
    The club seem to be making a big effort to improve things & listen to fans views, i would urge people to contact the club with their suggestions on how to improve attendances at the Valley.

Really?

How many different ways are there of saying the same thing?

Thomas ... your 'product' is not the match day experience ... it is a competitive football team that we can each identify with.

Sort the team out, and the fans will come.  And you will sell Upbeats burgers.  The Club Shop will do a trade ... but, more importantly, you will have a fanbase for years to come.

Got it?  There is no other way.
  • Options
    I received an email today urging me to get along to the match tomorrow. I live 555 miles away and can’t manage to get there on this occasion. Stupidly, I will probably pay an extra tenner to watch on the stream. Call me out for having more money than sense when it comes to Charlton but please don’t question my support just because I’m not physically at The Valley. 
    Don't you run a holiday company?  Do you not mail shot previous customers?  Maybe some when they get your email think to themselves "but I told them at the time it was a once in a life time trip I could never afford again but they insist on sending me emails".  

Don't you sit on the board of the Rust that regularly mail shots it's members?

Getting worked up by a mail shot seems a bit petty.
    I do indeed run a holiday company. We employ a Marketing Exec and part of that job is to manage our email comms - we put loads of thought, time and effort into sending the right messages out to the right target audience on an ongoing basis because that's what works for our business and for the vast majority of our customers. They can unsubscribe/ opt out with one click if they no longer wish to hear from us. We spend several thousand pounds a year on a system that enables us to do this professionally because it is so important.

The Trust sends out a weekly email to members with links to latest articles on our website to keep members informed. 

I'm not worked up by an individual mail shot but am sometimes frustrated at the lack of understanding of fans/ supporters in the tone of some of the club comms. I know they are trying hard.

But on a more positive note I've just gone to pay my tenner for tonight's stream and it came up as £0 payment so if that is somehow deliberate by the club - that's really appreciated - thank you if you're reading this. Let's hope it's worth it now!
    Do you need a Director of Operations?
    He's very good and I can deliver! ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    I received an email today urging me to get along to the match tomorrow. I live 555 miles away and can’t manage to get there on this occasion. Stupidly, I will probably pay an extra tenner to watch on the stream. Call me out for having more money than sense when it comes to Charlton but please don’t question my support just because I’m not physically at The Valley. 
    Don't you run a holiday company?  Do you not mail shot previous customers?  Maybe some when they get your email think to themselves "but I told them at the time it was a once in a life time trip I could never afford again but they insist on sending me emails".  

Don't you sit on the board of the Rust that regularly mail shots it's members?

Getting worked up by a mail shot seems a bit petty.
    I do indeed run a holiday company. We employ a Marketing Exec and part of that job is to manage our email comms - we put loads of thought, time and effort into sending the right messages out to the right target audience on an ongoing basis because that's what works for our business and for the vast majority of our customers. They can unsubscribe/ opt out with one click if they no longer wish to hear from us. We spend several thousand pounds a year on a system that enables us to do this professionally because it is so important.

The Trust sends out a weekly email to members with links to latest articles on our website to keep members informed. 

I'm not worked up by an individual mail shot but am sometimes frustrated at the lack of understanding of fans/ supporters in the tone of some of the club comms. I know they are trying hard.

But on a more positive note I've just gone to pay my tenner for tonight's stream and it came up as £0 payment so if that is somehow deliberate by the club - that's really appreciated - thank you if you're reading this. Let's hope it's worth it now!
    Do you need a Director of Operations?
    He's very good and I can deliver! ;)
    No ta, we gave an excellent Ops Manager. 😀
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    clive said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Nice of the club to acknowledge the frustration that some fans are feeling, but that letter was a little too Roland-esque for my liking.

1. Communication, 2. Polite, 3. Included an apology, 4. Open invitation for fans to be part of consultation going forwards, 5. Clear changes being made.

I think it is great and given how at pains @Airman Brown has been in telling everyone that so many of the current initiatives are poorly thought through and how much experience he has I would hope he is one of the first to contact them and get involved.
    They contacted me first. I am, as always, happy to talk to the club privately. They know that. I’ve been helping them with coaches for some time but not been consulted about tickets. 

It’s not important to me whether I am consulted, more that the club stops doing daft things. If I can help with that I will. Regardless, it’s a fact that I was heavily involved with the ticketing structure and promotions over a 20 year period. There will be plenty of others who have different things to bring to the table, but the key is understanding your market.

I’m honestly not sure why, or how many, season ticket-holders would want to attend meetings about this stuff. I think there is an element of realisation that they have got it badly wrong and they are trying to retrieve that, but let’s see where we go next.
    I attended a meeting yesterday evening, two other long serving season ticket holders also were there, the club staff were very friendly & were very receptive to our views & suggestions, Dr Rayleen was also there taking notes & joined in the discussion, Thomas also popped in for a short time.
    The club seem to be making a big effort to improve things & listen to fans views, i would urge people to contact the club with their suggestions on how to improve attendances at the Valley.

Really?

Thomas ... your 'product' is not the match day experience ... it is a competitive football team that we can each identify with.

Sort the team out, and the fans will come.  And you will sell Upbeats burgers.  The Club Shop will do a trade ... but, more importantly, you will have a fanbase for years to come.

Of course there can be other ways.
    For the majority of course it will be about performances on the pitch.
    But not everyone.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    clb74 said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    clive said:
    JaShea99 said:

Really?

Of course there can be other ways.
    For the majority of course it will be about performances on the pitch.
    But not everyone.

Umm ... the point was being made in regard to ways in which we might fill The Valley.

Do you think we might fill The Valley with a crowd who come for 'other' reasons?

I'd prefer to think that we might do it with my 'majority'.
  • Options
    clive said:
    JaShea99 said:

Clive, I think most of us (long term fans)  know what doesn't work. What this needs is people who know what does work in detail. Those people are Rick Everitt and Co who did it successfully for years. Until this week the club have failed to engage them with disastrous consequences. Hopefully they will now listen and act accordingly. We cannot afford to get this wrong again next season.
  • Options
    Good on you. Buying a season ticket and you live 555 miles away. That's support right there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Morecambe & Shrewsbury games are going for free on the app for nhs workers as well.
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Morecambe & Shrewsbury games are going for free on the app for nhs workers as well.
    Crap for Carers
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    What app?
  • Options
    It’s a website, sorry. https://ticketsforgood.org/nhs/

@se9addick

• Options
    Uboat said:
    arny23394 said:
    Crap for Carers
    Fucking hell.  We really haven't travelled far from the days of Bedlam and leeches for everything!