Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Phil said:
    Sandgaard clearly doesn’t think that anyone involved in the club’s previous success has any relevance now.
    When speaking about involving Curbs for example he said several nice things but referred to what he achieved as being two decades ago.
    Quite telling that I thought.

Starter for10: Who said, I don't care about the history of the cloob
  • Options
    I’m just baffled by them making something that should be relatively simple - once you know what your market and what you want to achieve - so complicated.

Way back when free tickets were first sent to people in streets next to The Valley, a chap I know who is an actor got in touch to ask what was going on, thinking it was a sign of distress at the club: when West End shows are in trouble, they dump lots of free tickets to fill the theatres. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Had an email today from the club asking why I hadn't been lately (season ticket holder).......... I've only missed one game and was there at the weekend.......  :(
    Same here. Very poor.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Had an email today from the club asking why I hadn't been lately (season ticket holder).......... I've only missed one game and was there at the weekend.......  :(
    Same here. Very poor.
    I'm tempted to answer. 
    But probably best not to.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Same here. Very poor.
    I've done 6 games all season and had no email lol 
  • Options
    Missed more this season than ever and had no email.

If I did a simple response, the footballs shit, the players are cowards and the owner hasn’t got a clue.
  • Options
    Soory if it's been said before but the way to fill the Valley is to win matches. Drop this idea of paying different prices for the location of where you sit and offer under 11 season tickets for £50 when purchased with an adult one to encourage families to attend.  I believe that TS is very stubborn ( that's why he managed to buy the club from RD in the first place ) but refuses to accept any advice from those previously connected to the club. Not needing a CEO ? Really ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Same here. Very poor.
    Can you copy & paste the text of the email? Sounds very strange. 

I wonder if they’re all of this is based on an emerging fear that season ticket renewal numbers are going to be atrocious?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Same here. Very poor.

I wonder if they’re all of this is based on an emerging fear that season ticket renewal numbers are going to be atrocious?

As we approach the final run of games towards the end of the season, home support is vital for Johnnie Jackson and his players as they look to get back to winning ways and finish the season strongly. 

Our records show that we haven't seen you in the crowd at The Valley matches recently. We’d like to ask you about that in terms of reasons why you may not be attending some matches and if there’s anything we can do to help facilitate your attendance at home games.

Please email feedback@cafc.co.uk or send us a message on WhatsApp (07384 517580) with any feedback you have in terms of why you've not been attending home games recently. Please include your name and Fan ID in your message. Your feedback is very important to us as we look to make improvements to our ticketing products and matchday experience. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Ticket Office

Charlton Athletic

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    se9addick said:
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Same here. Very poor.

As we approach the final run of games towards the end of the season, home support is vital for Johnnie Jackson and his players as they look to get back to winning ways and finish the season strongly. 

Our records show that we haven't seen you in the crowd at The Valley matches recently. We’d like to ask you about that in terms of reasons why you may not be attending some matches and if there’s anything we can do to help facilitate your attendance at home games.

Please email feedback@cafc.co.uk or send us a message on WhatsApp (07384 517580) with any feedback you have in terms of why you've not been attending home games recently. Please include your name and Fan ID in your message. Your feedback is very important to us as we look to make improvements to our ticketing products and matchday experience. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Ticket Office

Charlton Athletic

Interesting, cheers.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    se9addick said:
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Same here. Very poor.

Spot on.

I know about 10 season long time ticket holders.
    All of them have all had season tickets from at least 1992, and some from the Selhurst Park era, myself and my wife included.

At least 50% are not turning up any more.

After probably missing no more than 30 home matches since 1967, I have only attended 1 match at the Valley since Christmas.

The football that Jackson has us playing is so bad that put simply I cannot be bothered attending.

Will I renew our 2 season tickets next season?
    That is the million dollar question.
    If Jackson remains in charge then the answer is almost certainly no.

I also reckon season ticket sales for next season will plummet.
    Probably a minimum of a 30% drop.

I hope that Thomas reads this site, because the ball is well and truly in his court.
    This is the worst Charlton in most of our lifetimes, and it is getting worst, not better!
    Sad to read Dickie, you’re of course entitled to your opinion and it’s a shame you feel that way. But I’m not sure the bit in bold is fair. The Sunderland game was a bit attritional but other than that we’ve tried to play football in all the games Jackson has been in charge. The main problem in the few games before it was not having anyone good enough up front to make it count and then the usual defensive fragility’s kicking in.

But in general I don’t think the approach to football we’ve played has been THAT bad. Results are though. 
  • Options
    I just hope theyve asked for advise regarding match/season tickets next season.
    And TS isn't just thinking let's just charge £180 for a season ticket and everything will be alright.

• Options
    So hopefully everyone is mailing back and saying improve things on the pitch and I'll come, or words to that effect.  
    I will do if I get one
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Deleted
  • Options
    No email from the club because I go.
    Mind you I have plenty, too much actually, to say if they’re interested.
    They need pay no attention to the likes of me because I am imprisoned by my Charlton chains for life.

• Options
    WHAddick said:
    So hopefully everyone is mailing back and saying improve things on the pitch and I'll come, or words to that effect.  
    I will do if I get one
    This 100%, this is what I will do if I get an email so I hope others take the opportunity.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Same here. Very poor.

Spot on.

All of them have all had season tickets from at least 1992, and some from the Selhurst Park era, myself and my wife included.

After probably missing no more than 30 home matches since 1967, I have only attended 1 match at the Valley since Christmas.

The football that Jackson has us playing is so bad that put simply I cannot be bothered attending.

I hope that Thomas reads this site, because the ball is well and truly in his court.
    This is the worst Charlton in most of our lifetimes, and it is getting worst, not better!
    Sad to read Dickie, you’re of course entitled to your opinion and it’s a shame you feel that way. But I’m not sure the bit in bold is fair. The Sunderland game was a bit attritional but other than that we’ve tried to play football in all the games Jackson has been in charge. The main problem in the few games before it was not having anyone good enough up front to make it count and then the usual defensive fragility’s kicking in.

But in general I don’t think the approach to football we’ve played has been THAT bad. Results are though. 
    Shocked anyone can genuinely think this. Tactically, this is the worst i've ever seen from a Charlton team. No passages of play, no DNA and no idea from back to front. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Same here. Very poor.

Spot on.

Shocked anyone can genuinely think this. Tactically, this is the worst i've ever seen from a Charlton team. No passages of play, no DNA and no idea from back to front. 
    This is where I'm at. The performances gave been worse than the results, and that's saying something 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    To make promotions like this work they need to be used now and again. The fact that the only strategy from the club is to keep dumping free tickets has now had the opposite effect and made them worthless and also creates a negative knock on effect with future walk up and season ticket sales.
    I think you can have a regular scheme as long as it’s limited in number, clearly controlled and communicated - fans will buy into such a strategy. What the club has done recently has been none of those things and the impression given has been that the club has no idea what it is doing, or why, and has not cared how it was received. No wonder they are taking flak.

Coupled with results and the owner making statements that no experienced Charlton fan believes - he can fill the ground several times over regardless of the opposition, for example - and you have a perfect storm.
    100%
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Same here. Very poor.
    They need to ask you why youre not attending? Really???

• Options
    Saturday's game with Burton will attract no more than 17k?  Years ago we would have had 25k for these £5 offer matches.