Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

Comments

• edited December 2021
    My daughter lost her debit card in the West stand, luckly was able cancel it on her phone when she realised. Apparently some shit must have found it and tried to use it at the bar instead of handing it in. Wanker. 
    How do you know they "tried to use it"
    She gets a notification when her or her fiance uses it. She got a notification to say that the card had tried to be used but was declined (because she cancelled it). It is a pretty cool feature with the account they have, seems to be just about instant.
    I have this. Bank sends you a notification after a few seconds through the banking app after every use of your card, even if declined. You can also use your app to temporarily freeze the card as soon as you realise its missing, then unfreeze it if you find it quickly. Regular direct debits can still come out as usual. Great feature.
  • Just got my second call from Jacko this week

The message hasn't been changed, so he still refers to the Plymouth game atmosphere, rather than Ipswich
  • Just got my second call from Jacko this week

The message hasn't been changed, so he still refers to the Plymouth game atmosphere, rather than Ipswich
    He's a persistent bugger. Have you made it into the squad this weekend?
  • I get alerts from my Bank if my current account balance drops below half a million .....

Yeah, I have the same dream recurring... B)
  • Sponsored links:

• looks like no home tickets left ?
    Yep all gone!
    Any spares going? Could do with three together
    Yep all gone!
    Any spares going? Could do with three together
    I have sent you a message.
  • Any spares please West maybe ? Cheers
  • Looking for a couple of spares if anyone has any for tomorrow.
  • kimbo said:
    Can that be correct, no seats in NW quad?  Trying to book only one for Daisy!
    I have DM'd you
  • For the Plymouth game, I chose to not make the180 miles return trip, solely because of notices on this forum that said all tickets had been sold; yet looking at the match highlights later, it was clear that there were many many empty seats.

I had planned to travel today, but again some fans on here are posting the "sold out" signs once again. I guess I will stay at home once again. I cant take the chance of undertaking a long but fruitless journey.

• PeterGage said:
    For the Plymouth game, I chose to not make the180 miles return trip, solely because of notices on this forum that said all tickets had been sold; yet looking at the match highlights later, it was clear that there were many many empty seats.

I had planned to travel today, but again some fans on here are posting the "sold out" signs once again. I guess I will stay at home once again. I cant take the chance of undertaking a long but fruitless journey.

Why don't you buy tickets, either online or over the phone?
  • PeterGage said:
    For the Plymouth game, I chose to not make the180 miles return trip, solely because of notices on this forum that said all tickets had been sold; yet looking at the match highlights later, it was clear that there were many many empty seats.

Why don't you buy tickets, either online or over the phone?
    I should do, I know. But in past there has been no need to, so I guess I will need to change my buying method habits!
  • Sponsored links:

• One of the reasons for so many empty seats is that people apply for their 3 free tickets but fail to use them.
    While I'm all in favour of trying to fill the valley I think in future the 3 tickets you can claim should be £5 each.
    This I believe would stop the unnecessary claiming of seats without actually using them.
     In other words, you literally can't give them away!!!
  • One of the reasons for so many empty seats is that people apply for their 3 free tickets but fail to use them.
    While I'm all in favour of trying to fill the valley I think in future the 3 tickets you can claim should be £5 each.
    This I believe would stop the unnecessary claiming of seats without actually using them.
     In other words, you literally can't give them away!!!
    Judging by the amount of empty seats it would appear so.

• Sounds like a bit of a rethink needed maybe?

am sure there are plenty of fans who would happily pay for tickets but can’t get hold of them if ST holders are just claiming their free 3 but in not all cases using them up?, nothing lost if they just go to waste apart from an empty seat that could’ve been sold.

this initiative can’t go on much longer anyway as the ST will lose its value to some.

need to think of some other creative ideas to fill the ground, I agree with the ST holders can buy additional ones for a fiver or something. We’d certainly see less wastage 
  • edited December 2021
    Given that the empty seats against Plymouth were in large blocks it’s more that the club didn’t find anyone to take up the tickets they took off sale. Why they did that is baffling as put off match day buyers. And of course means the ridiculous and frankly embarrassing attendance figures. 
  • I’ll have it , what is it … ponces , give them to genuinely interested people when you know they want to come .
  • I have 3 tickets available for todays match, West Upper. Print at home. Message me if interested. First come first served. Only downside is you’ll be sitting next to me. 
  • There are four problems I see with this offer base:

1. it encourages people to easily take tickets they don’t end up using for one reason or another

2. There is no follow up ability from the club to any of the new people that are giving the tickets to tempt them with future comms and offers etc

3. A fair amount of those taking up the tickets may be fans that were already intending to come and pay for the tickets

4.  It makes some people think twice about buying season tickets / tickets if there is the perception there are always going to be a number of offers / freebies available throughout a season

Balancing that, the positives are that it introduces some new people to the club, linked through existing fans there’s a higher chance they may come more regularly, it improves the attendance and atmosphere and does create an additional spend when on site.

Been massively helped so far by the performance of the last two games. Let’s hope we make it a hat trick today 
    yes, i get my 3 straight away and then worry about who im going to give them to coz i know they will be in the north upper whereas if i wait i may no longer have the choice of stand - a few tweaks needed to the scheme and i know we can't do it all the time but i thin k a lot of it is about getting the fans back after a terrible start to the season - plymouth was a very good take up and i didn't see that many empty seats - ipswich was a bit disappointing but i reckon today will be banged out again