Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

Comments

• edited December 2021
    seth plum said:
    Looking forward to all turnstiles being fully operational having been sorted by Keohane who has had months to attend to this matter and get it sorted.
    I notice you have referenced this a few times.

Have you formally enquired of the club to explain what the issue is (if there is one) or perhaps via the Fans co-ordinator / liaison?

I don't know if the perceived problem might be a result of a technical issue which is taking time to fix or is a plain & simple decision not to use all turnstiles due to some resource constraints / cost saving practicalities.

Might be worth seeking an answer to satisfy your curiosity. I am a firm believer in that things don't always get fixed which aren't flagged/highlighted.
    Do you think there is a risk the club may be unaware that some of the turnstiles don't work? Either way, it's hardly the fans' job to point it out.
  • seth plum said:
    Looking forward to all turnstiles being fully operational having been sorted by Keohane who has had months to attend to this matter and get it sorted.

Have you formally enquired of the club to explain what the issue is (if there is one) or perhaps via the Fans co-ordinator / liaison?

I don't know if the perceived problem might be a result of a technical issue which is taking time to fix or is a plain & simple decision not to use all turnstiles due to some resource constraints / cost saving practicalities.

Might be worth seeking an answer to satisfy your curiosity. I am a firm believer in that things don't always get fixed which aren't flagged/highlighted.
    I am a firm believer that a thorough going over of a very basic element (entrance) to an event at the Valley should be reviewed and fixed before the event as a matter of course, or a matter of routine.

• seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

I am a firm believer that a thorough going over of a very basic element (entrance) to an event at the Valley should be reviewed and fixed before the event as a matter of course, or a matter of routine.

Not disputing that at all. 

But as it’s a curiosity for you it would at least be interesting to see what response the club give. 

Rope to hang them selves by?
  • I don't want to undermine the club, I simply want all the turnstiles open.
  • edited December 2021
    seth plum said:

Do you think there is a risk the club may be unaware that some of the turnstiles don't work? Either way, it's hardly the fans' job to point it out.
    No it isn’t and nor did I say it was. 

As I replied elsewhere the official club response may however be interesting to see by way of explanation. 
  • If anyone wants 2 freebies for tomorrow get in touch livo 

Also have 3 for Saturday. Both sets are in the west upper pretty high up, they are free tickets I will email to you but a donation to the upbeats or Macmillan would be a nice touch. First come first served. Send me a private message with the email address you want the tickets sent to and what game. 
  • cazo said:
    One needed anywhere in north stand please all 👍👀
    I have pm’d you
    I hope the PM was an education in names of Valley stands.

😊
  • edited December 2021
    seth plum said:
    I don't want to undermine the club, I simply want all the turnstiles open.
    But that’s partly my point. They may have a legitimate issue for some and which they have a dependency on others to resolve. At the moment we don’t know why.

EDIT 

To add the reason I say this is because many years ago I challenged / enquired why in injury time the electronic scoreboard never showed the added minutes being counted up in the same way each 45 mins are. 

I learnt it was a premier league / FA thing. 

I never knew but my assumption of incompetence / unwillingness to do what seemed an obvious thing was challenged!
  • cazo said:
    I have pm’d you

😊
    ‘The Valley’ stands I believe you mean 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I'd send a strongly worded letter to the landlord...   oh
  • cazo said:
    I have pm’d you

😊
    ‘The Valley’ stands I believe you mean 😉
    Oh bugger! 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Do we have any info on likely crowd for Cambridge ?

I see from the Cambridge Utd website we have only given them lower half of the Jimmy Seed Stand
    it seems to be selling well and personally i think it will sell out no problem - i've got about 15 extras going for that one - vets team xmas do and can see a lot of similar happening - just gotta try and get in crossbars or royal oak now - what time do we reckon they will be full up by ??

I reckon Royal Oak will be banged out by 1.00pm

I don’t go to Crossbars, so can’t help there I’m afraid
    okay, many thanks 
  • shine166 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Do we have any info on likely crowd for Cambridge ?

I see from the Cambridge Utd website we have only given them lower half of the Jimmy Seed Stand
    it seems to be selling well and personally i think it will sell out no problem - i've got about 15 extras going for that one - vets team xmas do and can see a lot of similar happening - just gotta try and get in crossbars or royal oak now - what time do we reckon they will be full up by ??

If you want a table, you wanna be queuing at 12 when it opens. Later than 1 and you may not get in
    okay thanks, 12 it is then - that or a pint of horse piss in the freezing cold concourse 
  • seth plum said:
    There is an explanation from the Head of Match Day Operations about the turnstiles here:

https://www.castrust.org/2021/12/arrive-early-on-tuesday-and-saturday/
  • castrust said:
    seth plum said:
    There is an explanation from the Head of Match Day Operations about the turnstiles here:

I doubt that will be good enough for some.
  • castrust said:
    seth plum said:

Excellent and simple but informative response. Puts it in perspective now. 

Our ground is showing signs of wear and tear now. The positive is the intention to fix notwithstanding only occasional excess demand whilst we are in League 1. 
  • The article indicates a total of three non working turnstiles in the whole ground.
    An improvement, because at least six turnstiles at the non Sam Bartram entrance to the Alan Curbishley stand alone were not operational at the Plymouth game.
    Keohane sends out the message for fans to arrive early (whatever the weather) because I believe he has been so lazy and diffident about such a basic factor they hadn’t  been attended to.
    The club making a statement about the turnstiles is in itself telling, yet some regard pesky fans mentioning the issue as the real problem. 
    Anyway the evidence of this evening will be informative.

• shirty5 said:
    redman said:
    Do we know how many tickets have been given to local residents? 
    2 tickets per household 
    Interestingly, I haven't had any but am obviously on the database so they may be excluding known fans who they could expect to purchase (I am using a mate's spare).
  • Still got two spares in NW stand if anyone is in need
  • Sponsored links:

• castrust said:
    seth plum said:

Excellent and simple but informative response. Puts it in perspective now. 

Our ground is showing signs of wear and tear now. The positive is the intention to fix notwithstanding only occasional excess demand whilst we are in League 1. 
    Is the operations director - who is actually in charge of repairs, as opposed to the part-time  safety officer who we know is interested in communicating with fans because he is one  - hiding under the table again?
    Absolute no idea. My point remains we have an update. 
  • seth plum said:
    The article indicates a total of three non working turnstiles in the whole ground.
    An improvement, because at least six turnstiles at the non Sam Bartram entrance to the Alan Curbishley stand alone were not operational at the Plymouth game.
    Keohane sends out the message for fans to arrive early (whatever the weather) because I believe he has been so lazy and diffident about such a basic factor they hadn’t  been attended to.
    The club making a statement about the turnstiles is in itself telling, yet some regard pesky fans mentioning the issue as the real problem. 

On a second read it could be ambiguous and that the 3 relate to the West Stand. 

• How many tickets sold for tonight? 
  • Valley11 said:
    How many tickets sold for tonight? 
    4 in the Charlton end (+3k of Ipswich)

I bought em cos the system won’t link my 6 season tickets up so i only got 3 freebies 

season tickets , freebies of season ticket mates , complimentary tickets 
  • I have a free spare for tonight if anyone wants it? 

Covered End lower block f . 
  • seth plum said:
    The article indicates a total of three non working turnstiles in the whole ground.

On a second read it could be ambiguous and that the 3 relate to the West Stand. 

The question put to Mick was specifically about The West Stand so I'm sure the three he refers to are West Stand turnstiles
  • I reckon there will be a lot more no-shows tonight then Plymouth, weather being a big factor. Probably 20ish-k actually in the ground. 
  • yeah forecast is looking grim !
  • yeah forecast is looking grim !
    What forecast is that ?