Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

‘Fill the Valley’ - repeated for Ipswich and Cambridge Utd (p17)

Comments

• edited December 2021
    I think that a lot of the local residents will go. 

I never go to the stadium to watch the local team (6th tier of French football) play because I went once and there were about 250 people in a stand for 6000. 
    If however they did a promotion like this and I knew it would be at least half full, I would definitely go. That's for football.

If it were the rugby (which I hate) and for example my physio, who goes regularly, offered me a free ticket for a promotion, then I'd go. 

Many people will just have the TV, internet etc as an alternative and figure 'why not?'
    The problem will be that it's an evening match on a school day. Giving away these tickets to residents would be better for the Cambridge match as many residents would take their young children just to get them out of the house.
  • edited December 2021
    I can order three for the Ipswich game if anyone wants them . Just PM me 
  • I can order three for the Ipswich game if anyone wants them . Just PM me 
    Gone
  • edited December 2021
    I think that a lot of the local residents will go. 

I never go to the stadium to watch the local team (6th tier of French football) play because I went once and there were about 250 people in a stand for 6000. 
    If however they did a promotion like this and I knew it would be at least half full, I would definitely go. That's for football.

If it were the rugby (which I hate) and for example my physio, who goes regularly, offered me a free ticket for a promotion, then I'd go. 

Many people will just have the TV, internet etc as an alternative and figure 'why not?'
    The problem will be that it's an evening match on a school day. Giving away these tickets to residents would be better for the Cambridge match as many residents would take their young children just to get them out of the house.
    I think 20 per cent of the tickets issued to residents being used would be a high turnout. I've never been involved in issuing tickets in this particular way, but someone who has done it at Charlton says it typically resulted in a lot of black market sales as people went door to door collecting them from others who didn't want them and then sold them. Clearly that will be difficult in this case as there will already be a large number of unwanted comps washing around.

That doesn't mean there isn't a local PR value to it, by the way, but I think if you're expecting to see those blocks crowded then you'll be disappointed.
  • Need one  For covered end Ipswich game top bottom anywhere will do please 
  • Pico said:
    I have two Ipswich spare in Curbs Stand block A 
    Now spoken for
  • cazo said:
    Need one  For covered end Ipswich game top bottom anywhere will do please 
    All sorted now
  • I have one spare NU block M fairly near the front. Inbox me if wanted. 
  • edited December 2021
    I could do with a couple of spares if there are any going. 
  • Looking for 3 in North upper for the Cambridge game if poss - happy to make a donation to a charity of your choice if you can sort me out.
  • Sponsored links:

• I could do with a couple of spares if there are any going. 
    For which game, Muttley ?
    Ipswich.
    Ipswich.
    Pm'd you
  • Just got a call from Johnnie Jackson about this promotion

Well I never got the previous call from Thomas, so I guess it was my turn!
  • yeah Jacko just rang me, missed his call so I now have a voicemail from him
  • edited December 2021
    Just got a call from Johnnie Jackson about this promotion

Well I never got the previous call from Thomas, so I guess it was my turn!
    I'll probably get the call from Chris Gunter

"Oi mate, seems some tickets are available, wouldn't know as too busy worrying about playing for Wales... Anyway cya!!" 
  • West2003 said:
    I'm looking for two tickets for the Cambridge United game on Saturday 11th December please. I'm happy to donate money to a charity of the season ticket holder's choice for the pair of them. I know I shouldn't be picky but anywhere but the North Lower please - there's not enough leg room there for someone who's 6"4!
    Still looking please!
  • Also just got a call from Jacko, It goes to show how seriously they take the FA Cup now if he can flaff around cold calling.
  • West2003 said:
    West2003 said:
    I'm looking for two tickets for the Cambridge United game on Saturday 11th December please. I'm happy to donate money to a charity of the season ticket holder's choice for the pair of them. I know I shouldn't be picky but anywhere but the North Lower please - there's not enough leg room there for someone who's 6"4!
    Still looking please!
    Might be able to get 2 for you but waiting to hear from a friend....Will get back to you /message you if you're still looking once I hear.
  • West2003 said:
    West2003 said:
    Still looking please!
    Have PM'd you.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2021
  • West2003 said:
    West2003 said:
    Still looking please!
    Have PM'd you.

I've just replied. Thank you!
  • JamesSeed said:
    colthe3rd said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Have one Covered End ticket for Ipswich that looks like being spare. Due to a sudden family commitment looks like I can’t attend, so there’ll also be two empty seats in J block, if that helps anyone otherwise unable to sit together. Only proviso is that the event might be cancelled, but I’ll know in a day or two. 

NSM HH207 is the spare ticket. 
    I'll have the spare if it's still available.
    Ok still available I think @colthe3rd but will know for sure tomorrow. Is that ok?
    @colthe3rd I’m afraid the family thing has been cancelled because of covid so that ticket isn’t available. Sorry about that. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    colthe3rd said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Have one Covered End ticket for Ipswich that looks like being spare. Due to a sudden family commitment looks like I can’t attend, so there’ll also be two empty seats in J block, if that helps anyone otherwise unable to sit together. Only proviso is that the event might be cancelled, but I’ll know in a day or two. 

Ok still available I think @colthe3rd but will know for sure tomorrow. Is that ok?
    @colthe3rd I’m afraid the family thing has been cancelled because of covid so that ticket isn’t available. Sorry about that. 
    Have pm'd you, colthe3rd.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    colthe3rd said:
    JamesSeed said:

No problem think I have one sorted, cheers.
  • Got a ticket for Tuesday. First game of the season and sounds like it’s going to be a very decent crowd 
  • colthe3rd said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    colthe3rd said:
    JamesSeed said:

No problem think I have one sorted, cheers.
    Yes, sorted.
  • I'm planning to come up from Eastbourne with a friend who was a Spurs fan but prefers Charlton now. I'm after two tickets for the Cambridge match, if there are any available, please. Donation to charity of your choice.