Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match (and post-match p13) Thread : Leyton Orient vs Charlton | Papa John's | Tuesday 9 Nov 2021

Comments

• Expected more, bought the stream, yawn 🥱 
  • SDAddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:
    So I've mostly been watching out of the corner of my eye because I've been in meetings, but the little I have seen, Bakrin looks quite tidy. Might have another young CB prospect on our hands there. 

Haven't noticed much from anyone else, but also, like I said, haven't been watching too closely. I do like what I've seen of Aaron Henry in the past, but I was expecting him to get a loan out this season and he hasn't so far which makes me a little worried that his development has stunted a bit. Those who watch the U23s can comment more on this. 
    Henry was an u18 past season, a bit early to say he is stunted. 
    Think he's been with the u23s a couple of years. Agree though too soon to at he's stunted. 
    Yeah I just looked it up and he only turned 18 at the end of August, so I'm probably being a bit harsh. When he made his debut against West Brom in the FA Cup a couple of years ago I thought he looked really precocious at 16. But it's a fair point that it's too early to say he's stunted. 

Maybe a loan for him second half of the season after he's played a bit more for the U23s and we're presumably out of the cups. 

He does have a couple England U16 caps, so definitely seems like there's potential there. 
    Yeah, but the lad hasn't long turned 18.

No rush to loan him out. Best he stays at home and another year to let him physically develop.
    But next season, maybe he'll have matured more to compete in men's football.

• SDAddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:
    So I've mostly been watching out of the corner of my eye because I've been in meetings, but the little I have seen, Bakrin looks quite tidy. Might have another young CB prospect on our hands there. 

Haven't noticed much from anyone else, but also, like I said, haven't been watching too closely. I do like what I've seen of Aaron Henry in the past, but I was expecting him to get a loan out this season and he hasn't so far which makes me a little worried that his development has stunted a bit. Those who watch the U23s can comment more on this. 
    Think he's been with the u23s a couple of years. Agree though too soon to at he's stunted. 
    Yeah I just looked it up and he only turned 18 at the end of August, so I'm probably being a bit harsh. When he made his debut against West Brom in the FA Cup a couple of years ago I thought he looked really precocious at 16. But it's a fair point that it's too early to say he's stunted. 

Maybe a loan for him second half of the season after he's played a bit more for the U23s and we're presumably out of the cups. 

He does have a couple England U16 caps, so definitely seems like there's potential there. 
    Henry is still a very good prospect. I only really worry that when you're looking for that energetic midfielder type like Dobson, that just isn't him. He's like a Jorginho or Verratti, just steady tidy play and is usually pretty composed on the ball, more suited to Italian than English football. Like I say, only fear is that he can only play a certain way which could affect him in the future. 
  • All that slow passing back and forth at the back was about as irritatingly boring as Steve Brown's endless guff.
  • In all honesty maybe not the best £10 I have ever spent in my life.

Struggling to think of too many players who have done their first team chances much good. Harness is a decent keeper (although the goal probably his fault to an extent as his pass to Elerewe was a bit wayward), Bakrin looked OK and Burstow was lively first half.

Otherwise very disappointing. 

Can't wait for the next round. Let's hope we get a cracking draw.  
  • Enjoyed the first half, the second half was pretty dire. Silly error from Deji but I'd rather he make those in a game such as today than a league game I thought Bakrin  looked solid, Henry had some nice touches and Chin pretty industrious. Soare and Morgan look destined to play with the stiffs on this showing. Dempsey needs to find a loan come January. . 
  • SDAddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:

Henry is still a very good prospect. I only really worry that when you're looking for that energetic midfielder type like Dobson, that just isn't him. He's like a Jorginho or Verratti, just steady tidy play and is usually pretty composed on the ball, more suited to Italian than English football. Like I say, only fear is that he can only play a certain way which could affect him in the future. 
    I'd rather Henry be taking shots from the edge of the 18 than Morgan tbh.

• Fuck Me it's papa John.
    But at least thank Ali and those that try to commentate over our nonsense 
  • I know it's only a Mickey mouse cup gsme, but I'm more convinced than ever that Albie Morgan is a non league standard footballer. 

He's just not good enough 
    I can't say I disagree overall. However, I think picking on him tonight would be unfair. He was probably just about our best player in the first half and although a bit sloppy in the second, he wasn't helped by a lack of movement up top. Jacko clearly felt the same because those players who made space in the first half all came off (admittedly Saturday was probably a reason too, particularly for Davison). He's younger than Dempsey who did absolutely nothing. Everyone is raving about Deji but he showed how raw he was tonight, that mistake was inevitable, he'd got lucky 2/3 times beforehand. But yes, I don't think Morgan will be a League 1 footballer next season but to single him out tonight, not fair for me. 
    Fair enough to say singling him out tonight is unfair, but it's not a one off is it??

He's consistently poor & was one of the more experienced first teamers in the squad tonight. 

He's just not good enough to be a league footballer in my opinion 
  • Sponsored links:

• TEL said:
    Enjoyed the first half, the second half was pretty dire. Silly error from Deji but I'd rather he make those in a game such as today than a league game I thought Bakrin  looked solid, Henry had some nice touches and Chin pretty industrious. Soare and Morgan look destined to play with the stiffs on this showing. Dempsey needs to find a loan come January. . 
    I think he needs to go permanently. He can't play for us in the league because he's not in the squad and I can't see that changing in January. Cannot see why we'd want him next season, I think he'll drop down to the Conference soon.  
  • Classic cup performance avoidance from the Addicks!

It is great to know that we have continuity of cup shiteness running through our whole club!

Up the Addicks BUT NOT the steps at Wembley.
  • Shame about the result and errors.

We could do without Soure being injured. Even if he hasn't set the world on fire, an injury/suspension/rest will see a right footer turn up at LB/LWB.

Struggling to think of too many players who have done their first team chances much good. Harness is a decent keeper (although the goal probably his fault to an extent as his pass to Elerewe was a bit wayward), Bakrin looked OK and Burstow was lively first half.

Yes, a poor pass by Harness to Elerewe, with Elewere making the wrong decision.

Deji had a poor match really, got skinned in the first half when we were on top, then Smyth dominated the second and rattled him all half
  • Amazed we had 767 there.  Decent turn out. Fair play to those that went. Not much of a game but we are through. Sutton next round please.
  • Depending on what is up with Souare, is that 4 injuries now since Jackson has taken over as caretaker?

Wonder if his demands of the players are similar to Bows which could mean we are more susceptible to that sort of thing?

Yes, a poor pass by Harness to Elerewe, with Elewere making the wrong decision.

Deji had a poor match really, got skinned in the first half when we were on top, then Smyth dominated the second and rattled him all half
    Smyth had him sussed after the first half.
  • Imagine being a senior side, playing against kids, and time wasting. 

It’s the Pizza Trophy where both clubs are already through. I’d be embarrassed if we did that vs an u23 team. 
    It was Leyton Orient's senior side either... Dont even think they've got an U23 team (Hence why we got Stevenson and Clayden from them) so most likely we were playing their U18s, although they would have had four Senior Players like us.
    Judging from league appearances they seem to be utilising their senior squad, with a couple of youngsters chucked in. 

Either way, I don’t understand time wasting in such a dead rubber. We’d clearly run out of ideas and they could have got a couple more goals 
  • So by the looks of the tables we can end up with one of the below teams from the Groups.

Where I've named a team twice or three times is because that Group hasnt been decided tonight.

As the 2nd / 3rd Round stay regionalised

West Ham or Ipswich
    Sutton United
    Aston Villa
    Walsall or Forest Green
    Chelsea | Bristol Rovers | Exeter
    Swindon Town
    Cambridge United

Even if we draw West Ham | Aston Villa | Chelsea we should be the away team so could end up playing at their Home Stadium rather than some reserve stadium - e.g. Brighton played Newport County in 2019/20 which got played at the AMEX
    Away at West Ham, then we can finally get to watch us play at the taxpayers stadium, having missed out last season due to lockdown!
  • Sponsored links:

• Anybody getting bent up about a silly loss in this cup...God bless 
    I don't like that our fans turn a player like a pancake. It's gotta stop. 
    It's not a good look for a  League one shit squad 

• Lots and lots of lessons there for Mr Jackson.   If not confirmation of what he already knows. 

IMO 4231 and 352 are the best formations, or versions of, to play, if you have a "way" of playing.  Very few chop and change from one to the other, on a regular basis.  England can because they have the best, and most intelligent, players.

• It's a mickey mouse cup, a couple wins doesnt change that. If i see my beloved Charlton at Wembley i want it to be for something meaningfull, would possibly rather we didn't make it there. Imagine playing Swansea u21s at Wembley - depressing
  • Amazed we had 767 there.  Decent turn out. Fair play to those that went. Not much of a game but we are through. Sutton next round please.
    Only watched first 60 minutes.  Didn't think there was much in it. Both sides looked young inexperienced and lacked quality. Despite the chances of which Davison was really trying but a lack of quality around resulted in poor final balls. A long O's punt almost went in after beating the keeper on the edge of the box and rolled all the way to the post and bounced the wrong side. Two sides lacking in skill or experience but not in effort. Fair result. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Lots and lots of lessons there for Mr Jackson.   If not confirmation of what he already knows. 

IMO 4231 and 352 are the best formations, or versions of, to play, if you have a "way" of playing.  Very few chop and change from one to the other, on a regular basis.  England can because they have the best, and most intelligent, players.

I'm your opinion Morgan was shit and that was said after about 30mins lol
    Joke 
  • Don't think I've ever seen time wasting quite like that in a dead rubber match. Was pretty funny. 
  • SDAddick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:

He seems to have gone from an influential player to one you don't notice to me. 
  • No need for pressure on our kids.  Fat fucking fans sat at home always knocking kids  
    Just drop it its a horrible look.
    Support the kids
  • So by the looks of the tables we can end up with one of the below teams from the Groups.

Where I've named a team twice or three times is because that Group hasnt been decided tonight.

As the 2nd / 3rd Round stay regionalised

West Ham or Ipswich
    Sutton United
    Aston Villa
    Walsall or Forest Green
    Chelsea | Bristol Rovers | Exeter
    Swindon Town
    Cambridge United

Even if we draw West Ham | Aston Villa | Chelsea we should be the away team so could end up playing at their Home Stadium rather than some reserve stadium - e.g. Brighton played Newport County in 2019/20 which got played at the AMEX
    Away at West Ham, then we can finally get to watch us play at the taxpayers stadium, having missed out last season due to lockdown!
    Anyone paying money to go and see a premier league's u23 side needs their head tested