Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match (and post-match p13) Thread : Leyton Orient vs Charlton | Papa John's | Tuesday 9 Nov 2021

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Bollox  1-0
    Oh no ..... my Wembley dream slipping slowly away

We still have the FA Cup & the play off final....😄
  • Smithy off Kemp on for Orient
  • Are we out yet 

palace u5s losing so if we go through shouldn’t face them 
    We’re already through so doesn’t matter if we lose tonight..
  • Oh Albie...
  • That was a lack of concentration from Morgan as Bakrin broke forward well.

• 89' Free-kick to The O's on the left hand side, which Kemp is in control of. #LOFC 1-0 #CAFC
  • So so poor
  • Dazzler21 said:
    They're subbing Smyth?
    "Little Smyth" .... ? He's their Agent Smyth.

Brought a great save, hit the post, and a goal. 

Agent Smyth has done his job.

• We lost our attacking threat once Davison went off. A real difference between the 2 halves as we had no outlet up top
  • Albie Morgan needs to go out on loan into the lower leagues. Can't see his career development in league 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2021
    Have we had an attempt on goal during the 2nd half?
  • Morgan is crap. You just can’t argue with that. Not just the overhit passes, the poor control and lack of a shot - he also should be the senior player demanding the ball in centre mid here against ten men, but is anonymous. 
    Loan him out ASAP. 
  • Powell takes out an Orient player after Deji gives the ball away after doing the hard work of keeping it in by the touchline. Meanwhile Orient are making a sub.
  • Such time wasting. 
  • So I've mostly been watching out of the corner of my eye because I've been in meetings, but the little I have seen, Bakrin looks quite tidy. Might have another young CB prospect on our hands there. 

Haven't noticed much from anyone else, but also, like I said, haven't been watching too closely. I do like what I've seen of Aaron Henry in the past, but I was expecting him to get a loan out this season and he hasn't so far which makes me a little worried that his development has stunted a bit. Those who watch the U23s can comment more on this. 
  • Orient waste the free kick and we have a goal kick.
  • 4 mins added time.
  • Nice bit of work down the left from Clayden, Henry and Viggars, but Henry's shot goes wide.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nkrumah on, Omotoye off for Orient
  • Not really liking the cursing  of young Charlton player's.
    Win lose or draw we support the team not mock.

Not the end of the world either regardless of what the result is

Terrible competition by all accounts, that has its sole use of showing the Manager which kids can potentially hack First-Team Football, provided that they equally go up against Senior Players themselves.
  • Valley11 said:
    Morgan is crap. You just can’t argue with that. Not just the overhit passes, the poor control and lack of a shot - he also should be the senior player demanding the ball in centre mid here against ten men, but is anonymous. 
    Loan him out ASAP. 
    But he's just a kid, give him time
  • ross1 said:
    Papadopoulos 2nd yellow card
    Is that the guy who owned the launderette on Eastenders... B)

Or Emily Bishop's boss on the Street circa 1961?  Further research reveals that the two never seen characters were in some way related?

... Now then, how did Charlton get on?
  • 90+1 Henry fired wide from just inside the box. #lofc 1 #cafc 0

• 90' Sotiriou doing well in the corner, earning back to back corners to run down the clock. #LOFC 1-0 #CAFC
  • Orient trying to hold it in the corner, we manage to hit it out for a corner.  They faff about by the corner flag and get another corner. One of their players gets booked for timewasting
  • Thanks everyone. Let’s keep the post-match comments here.
  • FT 1-0
  • Deji pumps it long to Powell, who goes down by their RH corner flag. Ref gives nothing, and Wood comes away with the ball. Full time 1-0 Orient.