Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match (and post-match p13) Thread : Leyton Orient vs Charlton | Papa John's | Tuesday 9 Nov 2021

edited November 2021 in General Charlton
The dizzy prospects of a day out out at Wembley are beginning to show faintly on the horizon. :smiley:

Excited? ...... erm, but you know, let's see where it takes us ...... haha. At Brisbane Road tonight, we're already 6 players missing through injury, call ups and Captain Pearcy suspended.

I couldn't even begin to guess the team lineup, especially with one eye on Saturday's League fixture at Burton Albion. Nevertheless a great opportunity for the fringe players and shining prospects to prove themselves. Jacko said he wants to win.

Charlton: Harness; Bakrin, Elerewe, Souaré; Chin, Morgan, Dempsey, Henry, Clayden; Davison, Burstow

Subs: Harvey, O’Connor, Ness, Powell, Aouachria, Gavin, Viggars

Come on You Reds!

Comments

• Sam Purkiss will oversee proceedings on Tuesday night. The official last refereed a Charlton fixture in April 2021 - a club record-equalling away league victory at Plymouth Argyle.

A good omen  :)

• Running late, reckon I'll miss first 15 mins of the poxy game
  • edited November 2021
    Running late, reckon I'll miss first 15 mins of the poxy game
    Don't worry, Eric. Perhaps, the team turn won't turn up before then .... ? :smile:

• Got a small feeling that Wassim Aouachria might be involved - Saw a screenshot on twitter from his Instagram with his goal against Leyton Orient last season talking about doing it all over again.
  • Blimey. Youth team effectively 
  • Captain Morgan
  • Aren't we through already ?

Wembley 3 times this season then  😄
  • Captain Morgan

Blimey. Youth team effectively 
    Team news anyone then.
  • Captain Morgan

Blimey. Youth team effectively 
    Team news anyone then.
    Try looking at the opening post of the thread, Golfie old chap?

Team line up always posted there. :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• I don't mind that team. Slightly surprised Watson and Arter aren't involved, at least on the bench, as I would have though that minutes would benefit them. Arter was subbed at the same time as Morgan on Saturday
  • Roddy injured? 

Would have liked to have seen at least Kirk given some more minutes as don’t see where he fits into the first team currently, and maybe Arter on the bench just to get a few more minutes into him. 
  • I presume its: Elerewe | Souare | Morgan | Davison that stops us from from getting in trouble with the EFL?
  • I presume its: Elerewe | Souare | Morgan | Davison that stops us from from getting in trouble with the EFL?
    And perhaps, Davison gets subbed at half time, to keep him fresh for Saturday?

• I presume it'll be a 4-3-3?

Harness
    Chin - Elerewe - Bakrin - Souare
    Morgan - Henry - Dempsey
    Burstow - Davison - Clayden
  • Good to see Elerewe's partner in central defence from the youth team, Bakrin, given a chance.  
  • I don't mind that team. Slightly surprised Watson and Arter aren't involved, at least on the bench, as I would have though that minutes would benefit them. Arter was subbed at the same time as Morgan on Saturday

Kirk could use the minutes too. Surprised there's not one or two more senior pros getting 60 minutes tonight, but I guess we don't who's carrying knocks from the weekend.
  • I presume it'll be a 4-3-3?

Harness
    Morgan - Henry - Dempsey
    I doubt it, Forever old chap.

Jacko seems to be firmly wedded to his lopsided 3-5-2.

He'll have the stiffs playing the same way as the 1st team.

• Albie 2 or more goals 250/1 Paddy Power
  • Sponsored links:

• How pissed off must souare be to be playing in that line up
  • Pleased with that line up.

Let's give our under 21s a game.

• 2-0 Charlton. Chin double
    Chin, chin
  • Harness
     Elerewe  Bakrin Souare
    Chin        Henry       Clayden
    Morgan   Dempsey
    Burstow - Davison - 
  • 2-0 Charlton. Chin double
    Be an easy headline at least :) 
  • Nicholas said:
    Albie 2 or more goals 250/1 Paddy Power
    Generous of them 😂😂😂
  • Oggy Red said:
    I presume it'll be a 4-3-3?

Harness
    Morgan - Henry - Dempsey

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/618ab31381857/team-news-full-debuts-for-bakrin-and-chin

That's what the OS thinks

Goalkeeper Nathan Harness starts in between the sticks, with Deji Elerewe and Pape Souaré likely to join Bakrin in a back three.
    Albie Morgan, Ben Dempsey and Aaron Henry will man the midfield, while Chin and Charles Clayden are expected to operate as wing-backs, with Josh Davison and Mason Burstow starting in attack.
  • I can see the thinking behind the selection. I havent seen the opposition team but if Pratley is starting you wouldnt want anyone in your plans for a league start anytime soon on the pitch 😂😂 he will have a point to prove me thinks
  • edited November 2021
  • Oggy Red said:
    I presume it'll be a 4-3-3?

Harness
    Morgan - Henry - Dempsey

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/618ab31381857/team-news-full-debuts-for-bakrin-and-chin

That's what the OS thinks

Goalkeeper Nathan Harness starts in between the sticks, with Deji Elerewe and Pape Souaré likely to join Bakrin in a back three.
    Albie Morgan, Ben Dempsey and Aaron Henry will man the midfield, while Chin and Charles Clayden are expected to operate as wing-backs, with Josh Davison and Mason Burstow starting in attack.
    Cheers, takes the fun out of guessing when the OS hands it to us on a plate ;)