Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match (and post-match p13) Thread : Leyton Orient vs Charlton | Papa John's | Tuesday 9 Nov 2021

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Worst £10 I have ever spent, I am not even watching it, it's just on. 
    You mean to say ...... you've missed all of our 3 goals?

• Watched first half on the train. That Burstow is a player. Plenty of positives throughout the first half. Imagine there will be spaces on the bench in FA Cup with a good performance for the younger players 
    Helps that the FA Cup allows nine spots on the bench with five changes allowed,

Football League / Premier League on the other hand only allow seven and three for the time being.
  • Who's in charge of all this rock music bollocks that keeps getting played? Had to endure 30 minutes before the Rotherham home game last week as well.
  • edited November 2021
    Morgan the best player on the pitch, after Saturday's failure he's doing what he has to do, which is to show Jacko that he's a cut above the U23s out there
    Obviously I agree. 

For me 

Harness, Elerewe, Morgan and Burstow look a cut above.

Haven't noticed Henry or Dempsey bar the wild header.

Chin also looks okay as do Clayden and Bakrin. 

Our u23s need a proper reserve league as they're competing easily with the level below.
  • edited November 2021
    Orient 17 looks a danger sorry don't know his name.
    Morgan and Davison look our most likely to score 
    Omotoye
  • Chin's slightly struggled at right WB and is on a booking too, who else can play there?
  • aliwibble said:
    Orient 17 looks a danger sorry don't know his name.
    Morgan and Davison look our most likely to score 
    That's Omotoye. Looks good, but needs to be careful, given that he's developing a bit of a knuckle with Deji, and it looked more like a booking than what Chin got done for.
    Thanks Ali. He looks a bit good for that level
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Morgan the best player on the pitch, after Saturday's failure he's doing what he has to do, which is to show Jacko that he's a cut above the U23s out there
    Obviously I agree. 

For me 

Our u23s need a proper reserve league as they're competing easily with the level below.
    Is that a bad thing, given the type of Midfielder those two are?

You don't really want to notice them because if you do, they're potentially making mistakes
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Obviously I agree. 

For me 

Dempsey needs first team football elsewhere, not in our EFL squad as he's overaged
  • Sponsored links:

• SUB | Wassim Aouachria will replace Josh Davison ahead of the second half.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Obviously I agree. 

For me 

Is that a bad thing, given the type of Midfielder those two are?

You don't really want to notice them because if you do, they're potentially making mistakes
     That's why I didn't specify it as particularly bad, but I'd have hoped they'd be making Morgan's job of getting forward easier by breaking down attacks, but Morgan's dropped deeper than them both a few times when they were better positioned to get back.
  • edited November 2021
    And we're ready to go again. 

Any changes?
  • edited November 2021
    Davison for who?

Doh just seen Wassim is on.
  • 2nd half -  Davison off, Wassim on.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    And we're ready to go again. 

Any changes?
    ross1 said:

SUB | Wassim Aouachria will replace Josh Davison ahead of the second half.

• edited November 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Obviously I agree. 

For me 

Dempsey needs first team football elsewhere, not in our EFL squad as he's overaged
    Does he need to be in the squad seeing that he's ours and home grown?
  • Morgan plays reverse ball to Burstow, who's shot gets deflected for a corner from our left.
  • Burstow to Morgan to Burstow who gets a shot off - out for a corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• 48' Harness pulls off an outstanding save to tip over former Addick Smyth's header. #lofc 0 #cafc 0
  • Their keeper nearly fumbles the corner but collects on the second attempt
  • edited November 2021
    Great save. Souaré loses his man in the box again.
  • Great save by Harness from Smyth
  • 48' Chance! Paul Smyth with a header denied brilliantly by Harness. Credit to Rhys Byrne for starting the move, claiming a corner, and finding an Orient shirt with a great kick downfield. #LOFC 0-0 #CAFC
  • Now down the other end, Harness has to tip over for a corner as Smyth beats Soare in the air. Harness claims the resulting corner easily.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Davison for who?

Potentially starts Saturday in place of Washington? 
  • Orient have another corner from our right but it evades everyone for a goal kick.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Davison for who?

Ah so it was Im then :)
  • ross1 said:

SUB | Wassim Aouachria will replace Josh Davison ahead of the second half.
    Ha! That was in my prophecy. Not often that I'm right haha :smile: