Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match (and post-match p13) Thread : Leyton Orient vs Charlton | Papa John's | Tuesday 9 Nov 2021

Comments

• SDAddick said:
    So I've mostly been watching out of the corner of my eye because I've been in meetings, but the little I have seen, Bakrin looks quite tidy. Might have another young CB prospect on our hands there. 

Haven't noticed much from anyone else, but also, like I said, haven't been watching too closely. I do like what I've seen of Aaron Henry in the past, but I was expecting him to get a loan out this season and he hasn't so far which makes me a little worried that his development has stunted a bit. Those who watch the U23s can comment more on this. 
    Henry was an u18 past season, a bit early to say he is stunted. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Morgan is crap. You just can’t argue with that. Not just the overhit passes, the poor control and lack of a shot - he also should be the senior player demanding the ball in centre mid here against ten men, but is anonymous. 
    Loan him out ASAP. 
    Far from crap over the whole game. Not good enough this half but no one has been.

He's still a junior player hence u23 sides existing.

He was smashing it first half. Dempsey and Henry have been worse the latter completely anonymous this half until the last 5 minutes.
  • Bitty, disjointed 2nd half, meh!
  • It's all over as Orient take top spot in Group G. The Addicks will face an away tie in the next stage.

• Am devastated by that result... What am I going to tell my Son when he wakes up in the morning?

Just have no words to describe how I'm feeling, another cup run comes to an en... OH BOLLOCKS!!
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Thanks everyone. Let’s keep the post-match comments here.
    Result! :smile:

• Another defender injured in Souare, hopefully not serious
  • Can someone who watches the U23s more regularly or who has a better grasp of player development tell me what Ben Dempsey's deal is? Going back to the Championship season, and in little cameos here and there, he's looked solid, like he has all the tools. But every time I've seen him play he's looked completely anonymous for large stretches, if not the whole time. I know he had a loan to the conference last season, but I was surprised he didn't get a loan this year. He's 21, is there any chance of him developing with use further? Or is he just making up the numbers in the U23s?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:
    So I've mostly been watching out of the corner of my eye because I've been in meetings, but the little I have seen, Bakrin looks quite tidy. Might have another young CB prospect on our hands there. 

Haven't noticed much from anyone else, but also, like I said, haven't been watching too closely. I do like what I've seen of Aaron Henry in the past, but I was expecting him to get a loan out this season and he hasn't so far which makes me a little worried that his development has stunted a bit. Those who watch the U23s can comment more on this. 
    Think he's been with the u23s a couple of years. Agree though too soon to at he's stunted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine being a senior side, playing against kids, and time wasting. 

It’s the Pizza Trophy where both clubs are already through. I’d be embarrassed if we did that vs an u23 team. 
  • sam3110 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Morgan is crap. You just can’t argue with that. Not just the overhit passes, the poor control and lack of a shot - he also should be the senior player demanding the ball in centre mid here against ten men, but is anonymous. 
    Loan him out ASAP. 
    But he's just a kid, give him time
    You guys understand why an u23 development squad exists right?
  • Hoping we take it seriously from here on as a day out at Wembley is pretty much all we’re playing for this year. 
  • I know it's only a Mickey mouse cup gsme, but I'm more convinced than ever that Albie Morgan is a non league standard footballer. 

He's just not good enough 
  • Am devastated by that result... What am I going to tell my Son when he wakes up in the morning?

Just have no words to describe how I'm feeling, another cup run comes to an en... OH BOLLOCKS!!
    Just tell him we won 4-0 again, then he'll be happy. He's too young to know any different. :wink:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Loan him out ASAP. 
    Far from crap over the whole game. Not good enough this half but no one has been.

He was smashing it first half. Dempsey and Henry have been worse the latter completely anonymous this half until the last 5 minutes.
    Ffs mate I never see a need to disagree to any of your posts but have you been on the beer tonight ? " smashing it " ????? He was ok yes but so he should be in that game, he should be demanding the ball and bossing it but he didnt and smashing it is a bit of a rose tinted view 😂😂
  • Imagine being a senior side, playing against kids, and time wasting. 

It’s the Pizza Trophy where both clubs are already through. I’d be embarrassed if we did that vs an u23 team. 
    It was Leyton Orient's senior side either... Dont even think they've got an U23 team (Hence why we got Stevenson and Clayden from them) so most likely we were playing their U18s, although they would have had four Senior Players like us.
  • Not really liking the cursing  of young Charlton player's.
    Win lose or draw we support the team not mock.

Not the end of the world either regardless of what the result is

Terrible competition by all accounts, that has its sole use of showing the Manager which kids can potentially hack First-Team Football, provided that they equally go up against Senior Players themselves.
    Does that really involve what I was saying about Charlton youth
  • Sponsored links:

• Care not for the result.

I'm just here for the @Dazzler21 v The Albie Morgan naysayers match.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:

Think he's been with the u23s a couple of years. Agree though too soon to at he's stunted. 
    Yeah I just looked it up and he only turned 18 at the end of August, so I'm probably being a bit harsh. When he made his debut against West Brom in the FA Cup a couple of years ago I thought he looked really precocious at 16. But it's a fair point that it's too early to say he's stunted. 

Maybe a loan for him second half of the season after he's played a bit more for the U23s and we're presumably out of the cups. 

He does have a couple England U16 caps, so definitely seems like there's potential there. 
  • edited November 2021
    AndyG said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Loan him out ASAP. 

Ffs mate I never see a need to disagree to any of your posts but have you been on the beer tonight ? " smashing it " ????? He was ok yes but so he should be in that game, he should be demanding the ball and bossing it but he didnt and smashing it is a bit of a rose tinted view 😂😂
    First half he was the best player on the pitch, picking passes all over. (Smashing it was indeed OTT)

Second half was poor. The whole side seemed disjointed by the changes.

Orient fans seem praiseful of Morgan too in their post match stuff on the ifollow stream
  • I know it’s local and a fiver but fair play on the 762 that went, fairly certain we wouldn’t have had that many in the home game and you couldn’t have paid me to go to that

So can we get Palace away?
  • john3 said:
    Albie Morgan needs to go out on loan into the lower leagues. Can't see his career development in league 1.
    Sounds like he's been average against a youth team of a lower league side
  • Thanks for your company guys, I'm going to leave you to the wrist-slitting and catch up with Bake-Off.
  • Bit weird doing backflips 
  • I know it's only a Mickey mouse cup gsme, but I'm more convinced than ever that Albie Morgan is a non league standard footballer. 

He's just not good enough 
    I can't say I disagree overall. However, I think picking on him tonight would be unfair. He was probably just about our best player in the first half and although a bit sloppy in the second, he wasn't helped by a lack of movement up top. Jacko clearly felt the same because those players who made space in the first half all came off (admittedly Saturday was probably a reason too, particularly for Davison). He's younger than Dempsey who did absolutely nothing. Everyone is raving about Deji but he showed how raw he was tonight, that mistake was inevitable, he'd got lucky 2/3 times beforehand. But yes, I don't think Morgan will be a League 1 footballer next season but to single him out tonight, not fair for me. 
  • Good to see JJ finally getting CAFC tradition after the farce on Saturday.

And we're away in the next round so no stupidly low attendance.