Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Uboat said:
    shirty5 said:

This has been retweeted by the club, which seems odd. 
     I have not looked but Is it not the pardody CAFC?
  • Uboat said:
    shirty5 said:

Edit. No it hasn’t. 
    The last tweet the club sent out was a load of Waffle from Adkins, last night at 25 to 11
  • Uboat said:
    shirty5 said:

I have not looked but Is it not the pardody CAFC?
    Yes it is, but the parody is called Charlton Athletic FC, which initially threw me. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If I was Sandgaard I'd urgently talk to Pearce, a senior pro who's relatively untarnished by this season, to ask him what's gone wrong. He needs to get another voice to that of Adkins or Roddy, and Jacko and Euell are too involved.
     If you want to uncover the truth of what people believe to be MOST wrong with the footbaling side of things, you could perform a Pain Point/Positives uncovering exercise. It's clear it's more than just Adkins has become a crap manager... It's likely a few issues combining to create a bigger issue (like not having a CEO to manage the company and football club).

Something like this:

1. Identify an independent consultant to conduct the exercise.
    2. Identify Attendees
    3. Perform 1:1 interviews with each attendee. In the interviews you'd look to elicit & capture pain points and positives from each interviewee
    4. Collate and anonymise the results (highlight trends etc)
    5. Conduct a workshop to feedback the uncovered results. 
    6. Task each attendee with marking 3-5 items as their most important pain/positive (anonymously again)
    7. Share the results and act accordingly to correct or enforce what they expose

Continuing from point 7, it would then be up to Thomas to either continue to utilise the consultant to plan and implement changes or Implement a CEO to do so. - this could end up with a full restructure or it could be looking to manage roles better to ensure people aren't intervening where they shouldn't be.

The outcome would always be to plan and act swiftly. 

Personally I'd probably have the following as attendees:

Thomas Sandgaard - Obvs reasons
    Ged Roddy - Obvs reasons
    Steve Gallen - Obvs reasons
    Nigel Adkins - Obv reasons
    Tracey Leaburn - She has a better insight to the full squad, players young and old and the challenges they have going on.
    Johnnie Jackson - His 11 year tenure would be very important to this.
    Club Captain - Who is our actual captain?

Football just doesn't work like that. (nor does much else for that matter!).

Hire a young coach / manager with some bright ideas on a short term contract and let him get on with it. 
    If that doesn't work out after three or four months - fire him.
    Repeat until you get lucky and you find yourself pushing for the premier league!

There's no other way to do it!
  • I am staggered he is still the manager. It's telling me that TS is clueless and/or he has no cash.

Very worrying and even scumbag RD did not sink us this low.

Division 2 or worse await us.
  • I know some people are dead against it but the club seriously have to think about bringing Curbishley back into the fold in some capacity, we have nobody in the club with his footballing brains, nobody comes close.

It'll be the Charlton TV dream team: Curbs, Scottie and Stevie Brown.

They won't let you down. 

• The only logical thing is to shift Adkins now, but I don't have any sure feeling they will. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Jackson now though. People are saying about whether or not to sweep the whole lot of them out, but I think we might not have a choice in that regard; Jackson wanted the job last time, passed his one game audition and was overlooked for Adkins, who has gone on to fail pretty spectacularly. At this point really you either give him the job or lose him, as I'm not sure he's going to be happy to assist yet another manager while being overlooked again. I'd be surprised if he stuck around after that
  • BigDiddy said:
    I am staggered he is still the manager. It's telling me that TS is clueless and/or he has no cash.

Very worrying and even scumbag RD did not sink us this low.

Division 2 or worse await us.

Sounds like from earlier posts on this thread, that it's being done, and done in the right way
  • shirty5 said:

A committee of ditherers.

No doubt they'll come to a decision eventually and it will probably be the wrong one!

What's his old woman doing in there anyway?
    Won't employ a CEO but won't hesitate to get his wife involved in something she knows nothing about...a bit like him...and Roddy for that matter!

This all boils down to dollar,and severe lack of it as far as our club is concerned.
    Seriously,how was this shower ever going to afford coughing up for the Valley?
    Simple answer. They never were. It was for the birds.

So there we have it. Another bunch bullsh*tting chancers.

F**k me! Our club is a joke

What was the point then if  nothing is going to happen...
  • I don't think anyone can say anything about Roddy  without actually knowing what he does at the club. He's not the one taking charge on matchday and telling the players to hoof it long to Stockley and not defend very well. Yes the recruitment was lackluster up until the last week or so, but the players have had enough time to gel now. And as someone rightly pointed out, the players definitely are not league 1 relegation quality
    If you listened to JFC last night neither is Adkins, which to me, is even more concerning than if he was.

About 5 times he said about full backs forcing the wide player wide, not letting them cut in, and Adkins and Jackson banging on about it.  Experienced premier league and international full backs shouldn't need coaching on 1 on 1 defending.  I said in the preview thread that come Doncaster there will be calls for Matthews to be back in the team.  I was wrong it started last night. 

The last 3 managers all started well and ended up with a group of players that didn't look like they had ever met, let alone played together, before.   You can argue how good any of them were to start with but I think it's to much of a coincidence that they all lost the plot. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking likely that NA is staying at least for another week. I think whatever happens now we are in a relegation battle this season. I bought tickets for my 7 year old grandson for the Donny game. He is so excited. We live in Norwich and all his friends support city. He has not been deterred and supports Charlton because of me. What have I set him up for on life! His first experience of the valley will be a toxic atmosphere as realistically we will lose at Sunderland and from what I have seen we haven't got enough to win crunch games especially at the valley. Horrible times for us at present and we have had some lows over the years.
  • Sandgaard, Maloney, Roddy and Gallen will be talking to the players today at Sparrows lane and Nigel Adkins will already know his fate. 

I would expect a decision later in the day.

Probably interim manager in JJ will take over with the remit of getting us clear of the bottom 4. As Sunderland will be the nap home in League 1 the pressure won't be to get a result other than to give a cohesive performance and show a collective fighting spirit. 

In life and football you can have dreams but you have to deal with the here and now.

And the here and now tells us we are in a relegation spot on merit (or lack of Merit)
    My guess is we will get an announcement later, but it’s just my guess.
    Surely they would have sacked him this morning if it really was happening?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Sandgaard, Maloney, Roddy and Gallen will be talking to the players today at Sparrows lane and Nigel Adkins will already know his fate. 

Probably interim manager in JJ will take over with the remit of getting us clear of the bottom 4. As Sunderland will be the nap home in League 1 the pressure won't be to get a result other than to give a cohesive performance and show a collective fighting spirit. 

In life and football you can have dreams but you have to deal with the here and now.

And the here and now tells us we are in a relegation spot on merit (or lack of Merit)
    Tend to agree, but it's quite possible his exit is being negotiated if it's not simply paying up his contract and he may not be agreeable to what's being offered.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Sandgaard, Maloney, Roddy and Gallen will be talking to the players today at Sparrows lane and Nigel Adkins will already know his fate. 

Depends if they're also trying to sort out his replacement or just get someone to cover for Saturday.

Might be even harder to find the latter if Sandgaard has decided to release Jackson and Euell as well

Newcastle "only" got rid of Bruce today @ 10:30am
  • Addick_8 said:
    Got a text from a friend who said Adkins apparently didn't take training this morning
    Can anyone half in the know do any digging?
    was there any?
  • What about the lad whose mate is on the books, or has he left after getting too much agg from the teamsheets?
  • Addick_8 said:
    Got a text from a friend who said Adkins apparently didn't take training this morning. 
    Has he been taking training for the last couple of weeks, certainly questionable come 3pm on a Saturday afternoon
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

The chant "Sacked in the morning" doesn't have to be followed exactly.
  • shirty5 said:

Plus anybody else?
  • Someone last night was saying NA is the on 350,000 a year .. which makes him
    the highest paid Charlton manager for sometime maybe ever … 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Got a text from a friend who said Adkins apparently didn't take training this morning. 
    Pretty sure the players don’t train the morning after a game?
    Or any of the other days in between games either by the looks of it! 
  • Oggy Red said:
    I know some people are dead against it but the club seriously have to think about bringing Curbishley back into the fold in some capacity, we have nobody in the club with his footballing brains, nobody comes close.

It'll be the Charlton TV dream team: Curbs, Scottie and Stevie Brown.

They won't let you down. 

Could do a lot worse…..as unlikely as it is.
  • I've sat here this morning thinking "it's only half 10, sure we'll see something later"

11, 12, 1pm...

Surely we'll see something later?  He should have gone after Bolton, he should definitely go now!
  • Traditionally Wednesdays are the players day off.
    Has that changed?
    If Mr Sandgaard is to speak to all the players today then it seems that tradition no longer holds.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Got a text from a friend who said Adkins apparently didn't take training this morning
    was there any?
    Is there ever any these days? Doesn't look like it :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!