Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• If Adkins weren't up there at the meeting, reckon the best it's gonna be is a like for like underwhelming management swap, possibly JJ. Why worry today what you can worry about tomorrow?

Be about as successful as Gallen and Roddy's summer transfers.

• ........TS seems to be turning out to be a bit of a Roland
  • @DamoNorthStand

This isn't a "wife" scenario.

Dr Raelyn Maloney PHD is the director of Communications organizational development at Zynex.
    She is also director of "A mindful place" in Littleton Colorado where she practices as a Counseling Psychologist.

I would image she will go with Thomas Sandgaard to the debrief at Sparrows lane as she will have a lot of clients waiting for her !

No way is Raelyn just a WAG to TS.

What is she like at managing football teams?  ;)
  • TS will lose more than just a payout to Nige if we go down. No fan should be thinking I hope we get tonked at Sunderland just to get rid of the manager because you'd hope that common sense would tell those in charge that these performances and the unhappiness of the fans is not sustainable.
    I really hope TS deals with this soon otherwise he will lose an immense amount of credibility and support. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Me coming to terms with the fact Adkins is going to be the Charlton Manager till the end of the season.
    Accurate, but for me it's that we're going to finish somewhere bottom half and that could include relegation. All depends on where the actual issue is. 

If he does better with his own staff why haven’t they brought them in (at least some of them) as maybe what he is lacking is experienced staff members.
    Maybe that was a subject of last night's discussions?
    I hope it was, as I said in the player rating thread. Something needs to change- I don’t know what, but loosing to Stanley is a new low (even the goal celebrations in the covered end felt not as powerful as they usually are).
    It's not even the results, it's the WAY we're losing. We're losing on merit to the likes of Cheltenham, Lincoln and Accrington

At least Thomas was here to see it in the flesh, as on TV you don't get a full understanding of how games are panning out
  • I don't think anyone can say anything about Roddy  without actually knowing what he does at the club. He's not the one taking charge on matchday and telling the players to hoof it long to Stockley and not defend very well. Yes the recruitment was lackluster up until the last week or so, but the players have had enough time to gel now. And as someone rightly pointed out, the players definitely are not league 1 relegation quality

• I really hope TS deals with this soon otherwise he will lose an immense amount of credibility and support. 
    That's happening in every minute he delays what should be a very straight forward football decision. 

The clock is ticking. 
  • Sandgaurd NEEDS to sack Roddy, Adkins and probably someone else. Get the clear out sorted now.

It will win the fans back. It will prove ambition.
    He can't just do nothing.

Give the job to Jackson. This season is now already lower/midtable at best.

We have to aim for a 2022/23 promotion.

Jackson is realistic. He is honest and down to earth.
    He's played in the premier League. He is motivated and has a long term historic connection with Charlton. He knows the club inside out.

He is not tactically inept 

• shirty5 said:

A committee of ditherers.

No doubt they'll come to a decision eventually and it will probably be the wrong one!

What's his old woman doing in there anyway?
    Won't employ a CEO but won't hesitate to get his wife involved in something she knows nothing about...a bit like him...and Roddy for that matter!

This all boils down to dollar,and severe lack of it as far as our club is concerned.
    Seriously,how was this shower ever going to afford coughing up for the Valley?
    Simple answer. They never were. It was for the birds.

So there we have it. Another bunch bullsh*tting chancers.

F**k me! Our club is a joke
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
  • Gribbo said:
    ........TS seems to be turning out to be a bit of a Roland
    WTF!!!
    Yeah I know.  It looks a bit wanky reading it back.

Think I meant my perception of it as it is, is like it's gonna be like it was under RD. 🤷‍♂️
  • I don't think anyone can say anything about Roddy  without actually knowing what he does at the club. He's not the one taking charge on matchday and telling the players to hoof it long to Stockley and not defend very well. Yes the recruitment was lackluster up until the last week or so, but the players have had enough time to gel now. And as someone rightly pointed out, the players definitely are not league 1 relegation quality
    Something I do know is that Roddy made himself pretty unpopular when he first arrived.
    Don’t ask me why, as I have no idea.
    However it would seem that things have settled down somewhat and he has since gained some respect and is much more accepted around the place.
    Not much really but interesting none-the-less.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Me coming to terms with the fact Adkins is going to be the Charlton Manager till the end of the season.
    Accurate, but for me it's that we're going to finish somewhere bottom half and that could include relegation. All depends on where the actual issue is. 

If he does better with his own staff why haven’t they brought them in (at least some of them) as maybe what he is lacking is experienced staff members.
    I hope it was, as I said in the player rating thread. Something needs to change- I don’t know what, but loosing to Stanley is a new low (even the goal celebrations in the covered end felt not as powerful as they usually are).
    It's not even the results, it's the WAY we're losing. We're losing on merit to the likes of Cheltenham, Lincoln and Accrington

At least Thomas was here to see it in the flesh, as on TV you don't get a full understanding of how games are panning out
    Problem is, the bloke doesn't understand football at all so it's probably not hitting home how bad it is.
  • Belv said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Problem is, the bloke doesn't understand football at all so it's probably not hitting home how bad it is.
    He can see the hoofs up the pitch and lousy defending, and hear the crowd reaction 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    WTF!!!

Think I meant my perception of it as it is, is like it's gonna be like it was under RD. 🤷‍♂️
    I think it was a perfectly fair comment.

What has TS done that RD didn't?

1. Overseen the worst start/position in the club's history.
    2. Wrote a song.
    3. Played his guitar on the pitch.

At least RD didn't talk utter rubbish on Twitter and trot out a load of false promises.
  • shirty5 said:

No doubt they'll come to a decision eventually and it will probably be the wrong one!

Won't employ a CEO but won't hesitate to get his wife involved in something she knows nothing about...a bit like him...and Roddy for that matter!

This all boils down to dollar,and severe lack of it as far as our club is concerned.

If instead of his partner it was another male colleague from Zynex nobody would bat an eyelid. I’ve no idea what she brings in practice but I think there’s a bit of sexism in the assumption it’s nothing. Also, what’s she supposed to do? Wait in the car?
     Can't even afford an Uber to get her back to the hotel a couple of hours before him.
    More evidence this fella has a serious cash flow issue?

;-)

• Sandgaard, Maloney, Roddy and Gallen will be talking to the players today at Sparrows lane and Nigel Adkins will already know his fate. 

I would expect a decision later in the day.

Probably interim manager in JJ will take over with the remit of getting us clear of the bottom 4. As Sunderland will be the nap home in League 1 the pressure won't be to get a result other than to give a cohesive performance and show a collective fighting spirit. 

In life and football you can have dreams but you have to deal with the here and now.

And the here and now tells us we are in a relegation spot on merit (or lack of Merit)
  • edited October 2021
    shirty5 said:

If instead of his partner it was another male colleague from Zynex nobody would bat an eyelid. I’ve no idea what she brings in practice but I think there’s a bit of sexism in the assumption it’s nothing. Also, what’s she supposed to do? Wait in the car?
    she could have been putting together a tray of sandwiches 
    She could have been giving the boardroom carpet a Hoover -  she even had time to use a bit of shake n vac.
  • Belv said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    WTF!!!

2. Wrote a song.

At least RD didn't talk utter rubbish on Twitter and trot out a load of false promises.
    It could be worse. TS could have brought in a recruitment guy that agrees worse deals than the ones Katrien did.

Oh wait a minute....he's done exactly that in Ged Roddy.
  • shirty5 said:

She could have been giving the boardroom carpet a Hoover -  she even had time to use a bit of shake of shake n vac.
    You gotta shake that one twice?
  • edited October 2021
    Gribbo said:
    shirty5 said:

She could have been giving the boardroom carpet a Hoover -  she even had time to use a bit of shake of shake n vac.
    You gotta shake that one twice?
    You seen the state of that carpet?it’s still got Southall’s hair cuttings all over the place. Not to mention the crumbs from Sue Parkes plate.
  • edited October 2021
    Belv said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    WTF!!!

2. Wrote a song. *

* that he was happy to put as the players walk out music replacing a classic (if it wasn’t for the fans he would still be playing that when the players came out)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!