Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• What if, if has been reported by some on here, the budget was suddenly slashed in the Summer? It might be a reason why Thomas is finding it hard to sack Adkins. I mean, Adkins could say he was promised X and got Y instead etc.... I must stress, I don't know, but there has to be a reason it hasn't happened yet.
    Think we spent plenty to be honest. I think it’s less an money issue and more a stability issue. He doesn’t want his first choice to be a dud so is perhaps giving Adkins more time. 
  • ''Also, what’s she supposed to do? Wait in the car?''

Quote from Airman about female with TS, but no she'd be better off waiting in the kitchen!
  • Dave2l said:
    Sandgaurd NEEDS to sack Roddy, Adkins and probably someone else. Get the clear out sorted now.

It will win the fans back. It will prove ambition.
    He can't just do nothing.

Give the job to Jackson. This season is now already lower/midtable at best.

We have to aim for a 2022/23 promotion.

Jackson is realistic. He is honest and down to earth.
    He's played in the premier League. He is motivated and has a long term historic connection with Charlton. He knows the club inside out.

He is not tactically inept 

I totally disagree with the whole "give the job to Jackson" spiel. A few on here are pushing it. For me he's got to go with the rest of them. Let's not forget this guy is in charge of Defensive and Set Piece coaching. Both of which I reckon a few of the know it alls on here would actually go down to Sparrows lane and do a better job. Jackson is realistic but for me he's too 'nice' and is probably as much of the problem as Adkins.

I was fully supportive of Adkins until last night. I just thought he might turn it around. However, after that display we showed no character, were devoid of any ideas, lacklustre  and in my opinion were taught a lesson in football by a team with one of the worst away records in the league. Just our luck that an academy 'reject' pops up with a man of the match performance and for me was the best player on the pitch. Fair play to the lad.

I think we need a new manager with his own ideas and his own backroom staff. In hindsight probably should of let Jackson go to Birmingham with Bowyer. That was a mistake on TS's part. I'm guessing he wanted to appease the 'Jackson is proper Charlton' mob.

Furthermore, I actually believed we had a good squad to challenge the play offs. However, Kirk looks bereft of confidence and any idea what to do when he is in possession of the football. I'll stop there I don't have the time or inclination to list the negatives about everyone in our team. The only bright spark for me has been CBT. The guy looks like he's the £500k signing not Kirk.

On paper yes we maybe have a mid table league 1 team. However, that's not been the reality. Coached by Adkins, Jackson, Euell and Bassey we look Mid Table League 2. 

It would appear I was wrong on both fronts in regard to the Manager and the squad a case of ignoring reality on my part unfortunately. Chaps like c @golfaddick called it spot on. Awful Management, Awful Coaching and with bang average players that has equalled awful results.

From my perspective complete clear out, Jackson, Euell, Adkins everybody. New Manager, New Backroom Team and lets go from there.
  • I’ve just gone past The Valley on the train

Nothing to report I’m afraid 
    There was a train running on SouthEastern?
    Jesus H Christ!  How long had you been on it?  Where was it supposed to be?  Do you know where it's actually going?
  • Billy_Mix said:
    I’ve just gone past The Valley on the train

Jesus H Christ!  How long had you been on it?  Where was it supposed to be?  Do you know where it's actually going?
    No, he doesn't know where it's going.

But's he did get the number of the engine.

• Sponsored links:

• Has he gone yet?
  • Billy_Mix said:

It’s on time

Destination - Nigel Adkins Central, a desperate and joyless place, where the train drivers constantly crash trains into one another because Sir Topham Adkins doesn’t know how to operate the signals and points
  • Oggy Red said:
    Billy_Mix said:

No, he doesn't know where it's going.

But's he did get the number of the engine.

Not got the number yet, but I’m on a Class 465 Networker - that much I do know !!!
  • cafc999 said:
    Billy_Mix said:

It’s on time

Destination - Nigel Adkins Central, a desperate and joyless place, where the train drivers constantly crash trains into one another because Sir Topham Adkins doesn’t know how to operate the signals and points
    There are no points at Nigel Adkins Central 
    Ahem - you will find there are currently 9 😉
  • se9addick said:
    Scoham said:

Time to get out the it’s happening gifs?
    I can’t imagine a more thankless task than being the ‘CAFC Fan Advisor’, fair play to anyone who puts their hand up to do it. 
    Clearly an 'ego driven' role. Who would want to do it ? 
  • If and when he gets sacked....will it result in an immediate £1,000,000 (more or less) cash injection for him?

He's on £350,000 a year. Think his contract was 3 years?
  • Dave2l said:
    If and when he gets sacked....will it result in an immediate £1,000,000 (more or less) cash injection for him?

He's on £350,000 a year. Think his contract was 3 years?
    Two and half, and won't get paid out the remaining bit, he'll get a bit of it
  • Sponsored links:

• The next two hours will be crucial.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    I know some people are dead against it but the club seriously have to think about bringing Curbishley back into the fold in some capacity, we have nobody in the club with his footballing brains, nobody comes close.

It'll be the Charlton TV dream team: Curbs, Scottie and Stevie Brown.

They won't let you down. 

Could do a lot worse…..as unlikely as it is.
    I wasn't really serious. :smile:

Neither was I Oggy.🤤
  • How...has he not been sacked? I'm truly baffled. 
  • I've sat here this morning thinking "it's only half 10, sure we'll see something later"

11, 12, 1pm...

3pm....
  • Scoham said:
    The next two hours will be crucial.
    1 hour 56 minutes.

Unconfirmed but I suspect we will know tonight. 
  • SDAddick said:
    How...has he not been sacked? I'm truly baffled. 
    Probably doesnt matter on the timing today

There was a game yesterday so majority of the squad will likely have the day off today

Just need to hope that something gets announced by the end of the day
  • I've sat here this morning thinking "it's only half 10, sure we'll see something later"

11, 12, 1pm...

3pm....
    2pm usually follows 1pm... ;)
  • What if, if has been reported by some on here, the budget was suddenly slashed in the Summer? It might be a reason why Thomas is finding it hard to sack Adkins. I mean, Adkins could say he was promised X and got Y instead etc.... I must stress, I don't know, but there has to be a reason it hasn't happened yet.
    He's finding it hard to sack him because he's an egotistical prat who can't admit when he made a mistake. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!