Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• No chance Adkins getting another managerial job in football again in my opinion 
    Dunno - Might have the sentimentality to go back to Scunthorpe or Tranmere where it all began.
  • I am not sure the settlement is paid straight away.  I know of someone who was sacked as manager of a league one club last season and they continued to pay his salary and rent for his house for an agreed period of time which was shorter than the remainder of his contract.
    David Moyes was still being paid by Manchester United up until 2019 - 5 years after he was sacked. 
    Pardew has still got 3 years left on his Newcastle contract........ 
  • Addick_8 said:
    Got a text from a friend who said Adkins apparently didn't take training this morning. 
    Can anyone half in the know do any digging?
    Based on every performance this season, I’d say he’s not been involved in training in any session. He just gets the players to walk aimlessly around the training ground talking to eachother.
  • Red7Oak said:
    The guy loves a walk but when you want him to walk he wont!
    I actually think his morning walk lasts for as long as the Twitter video he records. I bet he hates walking really. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I am not sure the settlement is paid straight away.  I know of someone who was sacked as manager of a league one club last season and they continued to pay his salary and rent for his house for an agreed period of time which was shorter than the remainder of his contract.
    David Moyes was still being paid by Manchester United up until 2019 - 5 years after he was sacked. 
    Can you take that over to Football Facts that dont sound true where it belongs please?
  • Trying to find out who "they" are.  Who ever "they" are are gone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• lonman said:
    Addick_8 said:
    lonman said:
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:

Time to get out the it’s happening gifs?
    I can’t imagine a more thankless task than being the ‘CAFC Fan Advisor’, fair play to anyone who puts their hand up to do it. 
    Clearly an 'ego driven' role. Who would want to do it ? 
    Is that really necessary?
    Digs at fans who are doing advisory roles for the club they support and follow? all because you're pissed off about results at the moment? 

Agree. I'll take it back. It's not a job I would want to do in a million years. However, if people think they're cut out for it more power to their elbow. My inital Comment was cun*ish
    Fair enough mate, tensions are high at the moment so I can see why people are so frustrated! 
  • edited October 2021
    What if, if has been reported by some on here, the budget was suddenly slashed in the Summer? It might be a reason why Thomas is finding it hard to sack Adkins. I mean, Adkins could say he was promised X and got Y instead etc.... I must stress, I don't know, but there has to be a reason it hasn't happened yet.
    Seems to me that if he wasn't sacked today then he won't be until the pressure on TS's credibility becomes too much. If there is still a belief from TS that Adkins can turn it around then he is mistaken.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I am not sure the settlement is paid straight away.  I know of someone who was sacked as manager of a league one club last season and they continued to pay his salary and rent for his house for an agreed period of time which was shorter than the remainder of his contract.
    hopefully they will install him as manager and ask him to work the final 3 years. 
  • We all fall in the trap, me included, of feeling sorry for under fire managers like Adkins. But then it gets mentioned he might be on £1m compensation and you realise it is like feeling sorry for somebody who has won the lottery!
  • Is it safe to get the custard off ice yet?
  • Personally I think it’s fairly obvious he is being ditched.

1. It’s clear there was a late night meeting. If the outcome was to continue, there would have been indications and whispers dropped today that was the case

2 The comms team haven’t put a single thing out today

3 There is no logical reason for status quo to continue
    wish someone would tell them that
    They know, and as I said, it's not as a simple as some would like it to be
  • Dave2l said:
    If and when he gets sacked....will it result in an immediate £1,000,000 (more or less) cash injection for him?

He's on £350,000 a year. Think his contract was 3 years?
    I think they get something like remainder off that season and then maybe some payment that stops if and when they take another job. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Personally I think it’s fairly obvious he is being ditched.

1. It’s clear there was a late night meeting. If the outcome was to continue, there would have been indications and whispers dropped today that was the case

2 The comms team haven’t put a single thing out today

3 There is no logical reason why to continue the status quo
    I love the fact that architects of one of our worst transfer windows in history get a say in the fate of the poor bastard that got lumbered with them. 
    Couldn't agree more.
    Whoever comes in will have a massive job on their hands getting a tune out of this shower of shite. 
    It's all about survival this season and try to kick on next season. 
  • It’s obvious what is happening here - Tommy is waiting for this thread to reach 100 pages
    before pulling the trigger.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Heard from multiple sources he's gone. One reckons announced at 6. 
    Just been told the same thing. Mine comes from an international source.
  • The 5 would be, Adkins, JJ, Euell, Shimmel and ? 
  • Rothko said:
    The 5 would be, Adkins, JJ, Euell, Shimmel and ? 
    Basey?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!