Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    Fairynuff, thought it was a proper clear out, not the time, 5 is also the time of the Downing Street press conference, good time to bury bad news
    Maybe my source ment Boris had gone 🤣🤣
    Yeah, just imagine if Bungling Boris is now free to be appointed next Charlton manager?

He could organise the Track and Trace in the team. Our defence would be impregnable.

• edited October 2021
    I am not sure the settlement is paid straight away.  I know of someone who was sacked as manager of a league one club last season and they continued to pay his salary and rent for his house for an agreed period of time which was shorter than the remainder of his contract.
    This web site https://littletonchambers.com/football-managers-contracts-why-clubs-should-link-termination-clauses-to-performance/ from a law firm suggests there are things called "liquidated damages provisions" in managers' contracts.  It seems that it is quite unlikely they get a full payout from the club they are leaving. It also suggests clubs should insert performance related clauses which can be activated if key milestones, eg getting promoted, are missed.

So it might not be as expensive as we all think to bin a manager no matter what length his contract.
  • Adkins gone, Ged Roddy interim manager I've heard. 
    Burger boy as assistant 
  • Hearing Roddy Jnr is in charge on Saturday.
  • Hearing Roddy Jnr is in charge on Saturday.
    Player manager?

• Maybe Tommy will decide to just make himself manager as well. Ultimate job security. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Personally I think it’s fairly obvious he is being ditched.

1. It’s clear there was a late night meeting. If the outcome was to continue, there would have been indications and whispers dropped today that was the case

2 The comms team haven’t put a single thing out today

3 There is no logical reason why to continue the status quo
    I love the fact that architects of one of our worst transfer windows in history get a say in the fate of the poor bastard that got lumbered with them. 
    That may be true and jury was out on some, but it’s also fair to acknowledge that the vast majority of fans were more than happy when we signed Kirk, Leco, Lee, Lavelle at the end of the window, and also the earlier signings of Stockley, MaxGillivray, and Famewo.
    We signed some very good players.  Its the players we haven't got that is as much of a problem.  Maybe Arter can still be one of them. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Hearing Roddy Jnr is in charge on Saturday.
    Player manager?

The player bit is debatable... B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Index finger’s going numb so time for this bad boy to take over. 😁.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Heard from multiple sources he's gone. One reckons announced at 6. 
    He or they?

I got told 5 but the ducks are in a row apparently. 
    which ducks?

• Any chance Gunter can go with him?
  • Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    ButtleJR said:
    He or they?

I got told 5 but the ducks are in a row apparently. 
    which ducks?

The ones that are quackers 😉.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Just been told the same thing. Mine comes from an international source.

• The next 30 minutes will be very very crucial... B)
  • cabbles said:
    Any chance Gunter can go with him?
    And @ElfsborgAddick.
    Since his started coming again this season it's gone tits up.
    He gets s brownie point for the castle barge on Saturday though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Announce 
    Free away train travel. 
  • Imagine the reaction when the next post on the Twitter feed is announcing that we've got a new catering supplier for the next home game...
  • ButtleJR said:
    Basey?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I am not sure the settlement is paid straight away.  I know of someone who was sacked as manager of a league one club last season and they continued to pay his salary and rent for his house for an agreed period of time which was shorter than the remainder of his contract.
    David Moyes was still being paid by Manchester United up until 2019 - 5 years after he was sacked. 
    Pardew has still got 3 years left on his Newcastle contract........ 
    I heard we were still paying Dowie.
  • cabbles said:
    Any chance Gunter can go with him?
    Sorry, he's manager now
  • Scoham said:

Is it just me that now has to keep going back so it doesn't reset itself?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!