Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• edited October 2021
    I've sat here this morning thinking "it's only half 10, sure we'll see something later"

11, 12, 1pm...

3pm....
    2pm usually follows 1pm... ;)
    I assumed TS popped out for a Tesco Meal Deal from 1-2 so didn't include that.
  • Rothko said:
    I still remain amazed, those who still think this is done like Championship Manager, and that there aren't multiple moving parts to sort before an announcement 
    Exactly.  There is also the question of who goes. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    I’ve just gone past The Valley on the train

Nothing to report I’m afraid 
    There was a train running on SouthEastern?
    Jesus H Christ!  How long had you been on it?  Where was it supposed to be?  Do you know where it's actually going?
    No, he doesn't know where it's going.

But's he did get the number of the engine.

Your wish is my command 
  • edited October 2021
    Rothko said:
    I still remain amazed, those who still think this is done like Championship Manager, and that there aren't multiple moving parts to sort before an announcement 
    Thats the worst thing that could happen... If I was Nigel Adkins I'd just retire, create myself from scratch again and then takeover as Charlton Manager as though nothing had happened
  • Rothko said:
    That was never an issue for Roland. His way was sack first, sort out the details later.
  • Rothko said:
    Agreed. Newcastle would have known they were going to sack Bruce, but it still took them 3 days after their last game to do it. 
  • Rothko said:
    Agreed. Newcastle would have known they were going to sack Bruce, but it still took them 3 days after their last game to do it. 
    Oh crap
  • Rothko said:
    Suppose it depends when you think the multiple moving parts were first first started moving. Could've been any time over the last 4 to 5 weeks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    I get the feeling Bruce was kept in place, so the glory on Sunday went to the Directors box, instead of say Steven Gerrard or whoever is going to rewarded massively for taking that on 
  • Thunderbirds are go. 
    Today?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Sandgaard, Maloney, Roddy and Gallen will be talking to the players today at Sparrows lane and Nigel Adkins will already know his fate. 

I would expect a decision later in the day.

Probably interim manager in JJ will take over with the remit of getting us clear of the bottom 4. As Sunderland will be the nap home in League 1 the pressure won't be to get a result other than to give a cohesive performance and show a collective fighting spirit. 

In life and football you can have dreams but you have to deal with the here and now.

And the here and now tells us we are in a relegation spot on merit (or lack of Merit)
    My guess is we will get an announcement later, but it’s just my guess.
    Surely they would have sacked him this morning if it really was happening?
    Not that I have any inside info, but my guess is that if you decide the time has come to split with your manager, as owner you want to avoid paying the contract in full. 

If you are the manager being called into the office, you will want to get your contract paid out in full as you wont know when/if you are going to get another.

Hence negotiations could be ongoing in order to make the 'mutual consent' announcement. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Billy_Mix said:
    I’ve just gone past The Valley on the train

Nothing to report I’m afraid 
    There was a train running on SouthEastern?
    Jesus H Christ!  How long had you been on it?  Where was it supposed to be?  Do you know where it's actually going?
    No, he doesn't know where it's going.

But's he did get the number of the engine.

Not got the number yet, but I’m on a Class 465 Networker - that much I do know !!!
    Pwopa Charlton!  :smile:

• Belv said:
    Thunderbirds are go. 
    Today?
    I think so. 
    Adkins or others too?…
  • Belv said:
    Thunderbirds are go. 
    Today?
    I think so. 
    @Covered_End_Lad would know...where are you when we need you ITK master B)
  • Scoham said:
    Belv said:
    Thunderbirds are go. 
    Today?
    I think so. 
    Adkins or others too?…
    Don't know. 
  • Addick_8 said:
    lonman said:
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:

Time to get out the it’s happening gifs?
    I can’t imagine a more thankless task than being the ‘CAFC Fan Advisor’, fair play to anyone who puts their hand up to do it. 
    Clearly an 'ego driven' role. Who would want to do it ? 
    Is that really necessary?
    Digs at fans who are doing advisory roles for the club they support and follow? all because you're pissed off about results at the moment? 

Agree. I'll take it back. It's not a job I would want to do in a million years. However, if people think they're cut out for it more power to their elbow. My inital Comment was cun*ish
  • Sponsored links:

• Anything could happen in the next 24 hours.
  • Belv said:
    Thunderbirds are go. 
    Today?
    I think so. 
    Tomorrow?
  • clb74 said:
    You cant like a think so.
    Think so sounds positive right now B)
  • I am not sure the settlement is paid straight away.  I know of someone who was sacked as manager of a league one club last season and they continued to pay his salary and rent for his house for an agreed period of time which was shorter than the remainder of his contract.
  • Loads of rumours flying around , but nothing concrete , normally there’s no smoke without fire
  • I am not sure the settlement is paid straight away.  I know of someone who was sacked as manager of a league one club last season and they continued to pay his salary and rent for his house for an agreed period of time which was shorter than the remainder of his contract.
    Yeah, they are paid for a certain time or until they get another job. 
  • edited October 2021
    I am not sure the settlement is paid straight away.  I know of someone who was sacked as manager of a league one club last season and they continued to pay his salary and rent for his house for an agreed period of time which was shorter than the remainder of his contract.
    David Moyes was still being paid by Manchester United up until 2019 - 5 years after he was sacked. 
  • No chance Adkins getting another managerial job in football again in my opinion 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!