Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• This team is already relegated unless something drastic happens. 
    The run needed is becoming promotion form to achieve mid-table safety. It could happen, but on the showing of the performances of the entire squad so far, it is seemingly very unlikely. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Has anyone told Sandgaard what Keohane is like? If they haven’t, how would he know?
    I believe so.
    In other news, I find it interesting that we're nearly at 11am and there's not been a peep out of the Official Club twitter so far this morning.
  • Keith Peacock introduced Steve Bruce into football (I believe) at Gillingham.
    Surely Bruce would not move down here.
  • Gribbo said:
    Morgan seems to be able to play. Maybe a better manager and better coach could dial into what he can do, and make a decent Lge 1 / Champoinship player out of him.

If he was shipped out, I got a strong feeling he'll go somewhere else and do really well
    We all keep thinking that, but he can't actually play 11 a side men's football. He doesn't know where to be or how to do it. Sometimes he gets his foot on the ball and plays a great pass. Sometimes he's awake and makes a tackle. That's not enough for a pro footballer though, across 90 minutes he maybe offers two or three good moments in a sea of absence. Bowyer couldn't get him to be consistent and he's let Adkins down very badly. He's been torn down publicly, he's been built up publicly, he's been given more responsibility in the team, then less, and he's never put together more than, at most, 2 decent performances in a row. This is a player who couldn't get a non-league loan, much to all our surprise. Maybe we just shouldn't have been that surprised; no-one wants a luxury player, especially the further down you get where everyone needs to be able to put themselves about as well as play.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    lolwray said:
    I think TS has been naive in the extreme from the very beginning. The appointment of Roddy, I believe has started a cancer within the club, his appointment signalled a downturn in performance under Bowyer. Its clear his presence wasn't appreciated then and frankly GR isn't necessary at this level. He is just an interference. Good cv and all that which has impressed TS who knows no better. 

Roddy recommends NA and both of them conspire along with TS to cock up a transfer window. TS has now got to show strength and appoint decent experienced grass roots football people. No wishy washy linked in profiles but substance. 

Collectively there is enough ability in the squad to be in top half of the table but we need the accrington attitude and play ugly to win points for the time being under completely new management. 

TS has probably been over generous in the contractual terms offered to GR and NA but that his problem 
    I think you could be going a bit mad... Why would they conspire with TS to cock up the window?

I think Roddy could be a problem, but it is supposition. There has been talk of whether this is Adkins making changes or another... Could Ged be that guy?
    I took that as a figure of speech rather than an accusation of literal conspiracy. @lolwray you might want to change "conspire" to "combine" before the tin foil hat pictures start getting posted. :)
  • seth plum said:
    Keith Peacock introduced Steve Bruce into football (I believe) at Gillingham.
    Surely Bruce would not move down here.
    Imagine having had Dowie and Bruce as the 'face' of the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    If I was Sandgaard I'd urgently talk to Pearce, a senior pro who's relatively untarnished by this season, to ask him what's gone wrong. He needs to get another voice to that of Adkins or Roddy, and Jacko and Euell are too involved.
     If you want to uncover the truth of what people believe to be MOST wrong with the footbaling side of things, you could perform a Pain Point/Positives uncovering exercise. It's clear it's more than just Adkins has become a crap manager... It's likely a few issues combining to create a bigger issue (like not having a CEO to manage the company and football club).

Something like this:

1. Identify an independent consultant to conduct the exercise.
    2. Identify Attendees
    3. Perform 1:1 interviews with each attendee. In the interviews you'd look to elicit & capture pain points and positives from each interviewee
    4. Collate and anonymise the results (highlight trends etc)
    5. Conduct a workshop to feedback the uncovered results. 
    6. Task each attendee with marking 3-5 items as their most important pain/positive (anonymously again)
    7. Share the results and act accordingly to correct or enforce what they expose

Continuing from point 7, it would then be up to Thomas to either continue to utilise the consultant to plan and implement changes or Implement a CEO to do so. - this could end up with a full restructure or it could be looking to manage roles better to ensure people aren't intervening where they shouldn't be.

The outcome would always be to plan and act swiftly. 

Personally I'd probably have the following as attendees:

Thomas Sandgaard - Obvs reasons
    Ged Roddy - Obvs reasons
    Steve Gallen - Obvs reasons
    Nigel Adkins - Obv reasons
    Tracey Leaburn - She has a better insight to the full squad, players young and old and the challenges they have going on.
    Johnnie Jackson - His 11 year tenure would be very important to this.
    Club Captain - Who is our actual captain?

• edited October 2021
    Looks like Keohane to me, which tallies with information that Sandgaard listens to him. Utterly ridiculous.
    Seeing as his wife is there with him I can’t believe it was any kind of serious business meeting. Such as sacking Adkins.

I mean I don’t know if she actually is an active part of his business empire but fucks sake, at our board meeting this morning I didn’t rock up to kick things off with “but before we start, here’s my missus to outline the following key points…… “Damo please fix the fucking fence panel I have been asking you to do for ages, did you remember it’s your dads birthday next week, and by the way I’m out with the girls on Friday so you need to put the kids to bed”
  • Dazzler21 said:
    If I was Sandgaard I'd urgently talk to Pearce, a senior pro who's relatively untarnished by this season, to ask him what's gone wrong. He needs to get another voice to that of Adkins or Roddy, and Jacko and Euell are too involved.
     If you want to uncover the truth of what people believe to be MOST wrong with the footbaling side of things, you could perform a Pain Point/Positives uncovering exercise. It's clear it's more than just Adkins has become a crap manager... It's likely a few issues combining to create a bigger issue (like not having a CEO to manage the company and football club).

Something like this:

2. Identify Attendees
    3. Perform 1:1 interviews with each attendee. In the interviews you'd look to elicit & capture pain points and positives from each interviewee
    6. Task each attendee with marking 3-5 items as their most important pain/positive (anonymously again)

Continuing from point 7, it would then be up to Thomas to either continue to utilise the consultant to plan and implement changes or Implement a CEO to do so. - this could end up with a full restructure or it could be looking to manage roles better to ensure people aren't intervening where they shouldn't be.

Ged Roddy - Obvs reasons
    Tracey Leaburn - She has a better insight to the full squad, players young and old and the challenges they have going on.

Pearce.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Something like this:

2. Identify Attendees

Ged Roddy - Obvs reasons

Pearce.
    Cheers, thought he was still technically, but couldn't remember. 
  • If he was going to go, it would have been announced by now. 
    He will be in charge at Sunderland.. can't wait
  • Dazzler21 said:

Something like this:

2. Identify Attendees

Ged Roddy - Obvs reasons

Several of those are likely to be part of the problem though

The likes of Roddy, Adkins and even Jacko are hardly likely to tell Sandgaard that they're doing a crap job as individuals

Pearce is I think the club captain. He alone should be able to tell Sandgaard what training is like, what the dressing room atmosphere is like etc. Whether Adkins is the problem, or indeed whether Jacko and Euell are part of the problem as well
  • Addick_8 said:
    If he was going to go, it would have been announced by now. 
    Unbelievable.
  • Addick_8 said:
    If he was going to go, it would have been announced by now. 
    We're getting dicked at Sunderland no matter who is in charge. They have finally found their season IMO. (Though didn't they concede two to Marquis recently?!) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yep hes here for Saturday
  • Anyone starting to realise that nige isn’t getting sacked
    yeah, I'm stating to think him getting lost on one of his walks is the best we can hope for
  • Only because he knows he’s done as well.
  • Its bizarre, Sandgaard came over, watched the game, saw us get beat by Accrington Stanley at home, seen one of the worst first half performances in years, and thinks to himself "yep Ive got the dream team in charge!". WTF dude!
  • CH4RLTON said:
    God this thread has become more toxic than the much fabled takeover thread, fish puns anyone to lighten the mood? 
    Second half we deserved a point .. to be honest showed what we can do 
    No,no, no, no!

second half, we showed some attacking intent and maybe stockley and Davisson could have scored but for goal line clearances but we are still a shambles at the back and the two chances I’ve mentioned above were cancelled out by saves by our keeper. 

We got what we deserved. 0 points.
    Disagree…..we deserved a point and were unlucky not to get one, despite a somewhat fractured  performance.
  • edited October 2021
    Addick_8 said:
    Jason Pearce looks as if he is backing Nigel

Could be taken as a dig in that NA has disciplined someone when they need confidence. Could be backing NA or could be he likes the quote and nothing more. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!