Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Unbelievable if he’s still in a job imo. Sandgaard needs to grow some balls, forget being such a nice guy and that Adkins is such a nice guy. We’re in a relegation scrap of our own making and some serious changes need to be made.
    Nice guys sum us up. Accrington and peel especially were horrible, dirty and in our faces all game. But Adkins had a nice walk this morning 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Scoham said:
    He’s going to keep his job for at least another 3/4 games isn’t he?
    The fact he's still here makes it look like he'll be here for the season.....
    Hopefully its just because the comms team havent started yet so havent had an opportunity to put out a statement. 
    If TS sacked him last night we'd know by now and I can't see him thinking he's sacked and waiting until today unless TS wants to announce the sacking at the same time as a new appointment.

We can live in hope, but my view he'll still be here for Sunderland and back to the valley for Donny. You have to ask yourself if he's not been sacked by now, what will lead to his sacking, we can't really get any worse, if Donny at least draw their game in hand we are 1 point from the bottom of league 1 after more than a quarter of the season!
    Maybe he was sacked last night but ts hasn’t had a chance to speak to jj/euell about being in charge on saturday
  • This is sad I know but the first thing I did this morning after waking up was look on here to see if Adkins had been sacked.

He hasn't and I am in complete and utter disbelief that he is still here. 
    Exactly the first thing I did as well. 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Scoham said:
    He’s going to keep his job for at least another 3/4 games isn’t he?
    The fact he's still here makes it look like he'll be here for the season.....
    Hopefully its just because the comms team havent started yet so havent had an opportunity to put out a statement. 
    If TS sacked him last night we'd know by now and I can't see him thinking he's sacked and waiting until today unless TS wants to announce the sacking at the same time as a new appointment.

We can live in hope, but my view he'll still be here for Sunderland and back to the valley for Donny. You have to ask yourself if he's not been sacked by now, what will lead to his sacking, we can't really get any worse, if Donny at least draw their game in hand we are 1 point from the bottom of league 1 after more than a quarter of the season!
    Maybe he was sacked last night but ts hasn’t had a chance to speak to jj/euell about being in charge on saturday
    We can but dream. All were in the building, 2 minutes to sack Adkins, 1 minute to say to JJ your in caretaker charge and I'll speak to you properly tomorrow but start planning for Saturday now.
  • Gribbo said:
    This is sad I know but the first thing I did this morning after waking up was look on here to see if Adkins had been sacked.

I've been logging in every half hour through the night mate
    Bad Pasty?
  • gawd I wish for the heady days of Elliott and Farnell, we wouldn't be this bad, mainly as we wouldn't exist. 

yes Sandgaard needs to get rid of Adkins, that's not the debate
  • seth plum said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Pause at word number five.
    Yourself.
    Is he also trying to blame Jacko and Euell for not being supportive enough?
    'The people you're surrounded with'?
    If he means the fans, who travel in numbers to Wycombe, and Fleetwood, and Lincoln, who try hope against hope to back the team and any scant things that happen that are good, if Adkins is blaming the fans he is ridiculous.
    Nigel, revisit the word 'yourself', what have you found out, and what change flows from that?

I don't think it is a blame game, more about the obvious turmoil in our management.  He is saying those around him are not supporting  him.  
    I only saw NA in the 'Technical Area' all night. Never saw Jacko or Jason. Much like Lincoln really until the end when Euell and he were consulting. 
    That’s unusual because another poster who sat behind the dug out was quiet clear on Euell and Jackson’s involvement in the technical area - and it was them arguing with our players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dismayed Adkins is still in post and what that says about our owner. 
  • I dont pretend to be an expert but all season it has looked like our opposition have more players on the field. We are out numbered in all areas of the pitch all the time. As I keep saying whoever is insisting that our defence sits narrow and allows space out wide needs sacking, I dont know who would be dictating this set up but if it continues we are going to keep conceding the same type of goals all season. It is just getting so frustrating now watching us do the same thing and expecting a different outcome
  • Just a hunch, but I think Adkins will be manager on Saturday. 
  • Looks like Keohane to me, which tallies with information that Sandgaard listens to him. Utterly ridiculous.
    When you get advice on a subject you personally know fuck all about its impossible to know what's good advice and what's bad advice. 
  • edited October 2021

Me coming to terms with the fact Adkins is going to be the Charlton Manager till the end of the season.
    Accurate, but for me it's that we're going to finish somewhere bottom half and that could include relegation. All depends on where the actual issue is. 
  • edited October 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Looks like Keohane to me, which tallies with information that Sandgaard listens to him. Utterly ridiculous.
    When you get advice on a subject you personally know fuck all about its impossible to know what's good advice and what's bad advice. 
    Never mind Adkins,  Burger Boy shouldn’t still be at the club, sex and travel is advice no one should be in doubt about 😏.
  • 1905 said:
    Got to go. Worst team since I have been supporting in 70s
    And that’s up against some pretty stiff competition 
  • Remember when people on here said "Give him until Christmas"?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2021
    Is there anyway I can edit this title to add "Please" or Now!!" to it?

• Gribbo said:
    This is sad I know but the first thing I did this morning after waking up was look on here to see if Adkins had been sacked.

I've been logging in every half hour through the night mate
    Mate, not even a chance for sleep over here (until shortly) it’s been a very long day for me. It took every last ounce of self discipline not to have a go at some of my lazy (non Charlton supporting) staff today. I was a powder keg. To bed to bed perchance to dream. 
  • Amazing how last night the photo of TS sitting round the table in the boardroom felt like it was happening, but this morning it just looks like a photo of them just having an informal chat.

TS having his Mrs there pretty much rules out it being a sacking or even a proper roasting as far as I'm concerned.
  • Leuth said:
    Bubble said:
    Playing Albie Morgan as a holding midfielder tonight was a sackable offence by itself 
    Tbh I'd feel more like sacking Morgan. He can't play AM and he can't play CM. He can't play
    He's a 7 a side Footy Addicts player. The kind who turns up at Archibshop's Park on a Sunday afternoon and absolutely murders everyone by seemingly having more time and space than everyone else and infinitely more control of the ball, and then after the game you find out from someone else he 'had trials'. Despite that you know that if he actually got asked to play in a real football league he'd get murdered. I've completely lost faith in his ability to play in anything above youth level, he just doesn't know what to do on a foobtall pitch, and the odd brilliant pass isn't going to offset that
    I have seen him have a handful of good games in 4 seasons.  1 was the first time I had ever seen him at Donny.   He will be 29 and people will still be asking the question. 
  • As Sandgaard was there last night to watch the whole shit show, he can be in no doubt how serious the problems are and also the strength of feeling among the supporters.  If he dismisses these as teething problems, doesn't grasp something is very wrong, and heads back to the USA without doing anything then we are in far more trouble than any of us feared.
  • Gribbo said:
    Amazing how last night the photo of TS sitting round the table in the boardroom felt like it was happening, but this morning it just looks like a photo of them just having an informal chat.

TS having his Mrs there pretty much rules out it being a sacking or even a proper roasting as far as I'm concerned.
    they're probably just having a game of Bezzerwizzer
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!