Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• I had a feeling in the summer things were not right but I can't hand on heart say I thought they would be this bad. It was enough to persuade me not to get a season ticket as at my age I am fed up with the collective mis management of my club since the sacking of Powell. And the sanctimonious comments from people within the club who should be embarrassed we are in League One. I would still have got one a few years ago. I am not going to watch us at the Valley, which is a decent drive with predictable traffic problems and come home and kick the dog or take it out on my family. I watch the stream which I can turn off.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

If and when Adkins goes, I hope he names and shames the bastards on the playing staff who are fucking it up the worst. It's them I hate the most (whoever they are) (I have some ideas)
  • Scoham said:
    Might help if he actually acted like a captain and leader to be honest. 
    I never liked captains in the forward positions.
    100%, forward players should be nowhere near the captains armband.
  • Scoham said:
    Might help if he actually acted like a captain and leader to be honest. 
    I never liked captains in the forward positions.
    Stockley yelling that is a positive for me, at least he sounds like he gives a shit.  

• I doubt the commercial director and his missus will be adding any input into sacking Adkins, so what else could they be chatting about?

"So, Wayne, How about a Sandgaard music festival every close season - wank fest"
    Who are Wayne and Raelyn ?
    Raelyn is Thomas’ missus and Wayne would be Wayne Mumford, commercial director
  • Is Raelynn the one off XFactor?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I wonder what this means?
    🐍🐍🐍
  • Adkins has never settled on an 11. Never settled on a way to play when Stockley is in the side. Played Gunter left back for most of the season. Talking is brilliant.
  • Croydon said:
    Ormiston Addick gave his opinion and forecast that it would be awful. He was laughed out of town.
    Five months later we can see that he was right.
    I don't see why people are having a go at him now. 
    Personally I say 'well done' to the bloke.
    Where was all the noise when we lost 1 out of ten in our run in? 

I'll hold my hands up and say I got it wrong about Adkins, but giving it the 'I told you so' over Charlton's failure, to other Charlton fans, is just muggy.

I also think there's much more to it. Can't all just be Adkins 
     Very well put.
  • Adkins has never settled on an 11. Never settled on a way to play when Stockley is in the side. Played Gunter left back for most of the season. Talking is brilliant.
    Who could he have played at left back? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Ormiston Addick gave his opinion and forecast that it would be awful. He was laughed out of town.

I'll hold my hands up and say I got it wrong about Adkins, but giving it the 'I told you so' over Charlton's failure, to other Charlton fans, is just muggy.

Playing one up front every game has to be Adkins fault.  I think that's very negative, especially when playing teams like Accrington Stanley at home, when their away form is shite.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Adkins has never settled on an 11. Never settled on a way to play when Stockley is in the side. Played Gunter left back for most of the season. Talking is brilliant.
    Who could he have played at left back? 
    After watching Gunter play there most of the season, I would of taken anyone else. Talking is brilliant.
  • edited October 2021
    We have to put pressure on Thomas to make changes if Adkins isn’t sacked tomorrow. We can’t allow this to carry on, our league position is now very dangerous.

Can the trust do something?
  • Croydon said:

Agree. The whole structure seems to be failing. Adkins is the fall guy, as managers always are, but if the core set-up of the club is rotten it really doesn't matter who you bring in.  You have to wonder who is advising Sandgaard because he seems to be one of the few left who doesn't see the whole edifice falling down around him
  • Doubt very much that TS would take his Mrs in to the room while he sacks someone, so are they just having a bit of an informal chat about ways to improve? Hope not
  • Croydon said:

Playing one up front every game has to be Adkins fault.  I think that's very negative, especially when playing teams like Accrington Stanley at home, when their away form is shite.

But we don't play 1 up front, we play one center forward, when Lee, or Washington, has played the "10" we have basically played 4 up front.  That's hardly negative.

• Cafc43v3r said:

Pause at word number five.
    Yourself.
    Is he also trying to blame Jacko and Euell for not being supportive enough?
    'The people you're surrounded with'?
    If he means the fans, who travel in numbers to Wycombe, and Fleetwood, and Lincoln, who try hope against hope to back the team and any scant things that happen that are good, if Adkins is blaming the fans he is ridiculous.
    Nigel, revisit the word 'yourself', what have you found out, and what change flows from that?

• Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:
    Playing Albie Morgan as a holding midfielder tonight was a sackable offence by itself 
    Blame @bobmunro he called it yesterday. 
  • “Confidence is a big thing in football and in life. You’ve got to keep doing the right things, be strong and keep good habits. We’ve got to do that as a team. It’s a simple game – put it in one end and keep it out the other. We’ve not been keeping it out of our net sufficiently enough and therefore results have gone against us.“
  • If NA isn't gone by midday tomorrow, he's gonna be here for the Sunderland game, which would be Duchatelet levels of appalling. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Is Raelynn the one off XFactor?
    Yeh that rings a bell and the fella’s surname is Kerr ain’t it 😉
  • edited October 2021
    That’s it for me until Adkins is gone, won’t attend another match.

As I have said before Adkins should resign if he had any dignity or Sandman should sack him if he has any balls.

The same old shit week in week out, if it doesn’t change soon we will be relegated, pure and simple.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!