Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Addick_8 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Let’s be honest here, everyone saying they would take Michael Beale wouldn’t of had a clue who he was if he never tweeted about us. 
    Doesn’t make sense that JJ isn’t the answer because he’s part of the coaching set up and never managed before but Michael Beale is a young and upcoming coach etc - all because he has sent nice tweets about us. 
    What? 

There are a countless talented young coaches out there, look at MK Dons manager. Plenty of people on here have been calling for someone like that for ages, Beale included. Why would we not want a promising talent to be our manager? Got fuck all to do with his tweets.
    You are telling me, you knew about Michel Beale before he started tweeting about Charlton?
    Yes Nigel, why are you still here?
  • edited October 2021
    Been out all morning, I take it he hasn't gone yet. TS if you visit this site or alternatively one of your minions does get some WD 40 on that trigger mate, get him gone! You know it makes sense 😉.
  • For those that think he may be given one last game on Tuesday and will be gone if we lose, what will happen if we draw?
  • For those that think he may be given one last game on Tuesday and will be gone if we lose, what will happen if we draw?
    If we play like we did yesterday that isnt a question that will need answering. Accrington will be well up for this game and I can only see a defeat I'm afraid
  • Ferryman said:
    If he's such a nice bloke why hasn't he held his hands up and walked?
    Id imagine that large smile and positivity and fresh green walks in the morning is linked to his salary!
  • Before the game me and my dad joked about cafc v bromley derby next year..And gulped after the game finished. 
  • Hes 100% going to be manager on Tuesday.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Adkins out .  We are all thrilled at the win but he’s not the man 
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:
    Hes 100% going to be manager on Tuesday.
    He'll be around next Saturday as well

The best thing to happen today is the fact we've drawn a Non-League team in the FA Cup and at home - If he were to lose that then he'd surely have to be moved on - Only downside is we've got four League games before then.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    He'll be around next Saturday as well

The best thing to happen today is the fact we've drawn a Non-League team in the FA Cup and at home - If he were to lose that then he'd surely have to be moved on - Only downside is we've got four League games before then.
    We know with almost certainty that even if we were playing well we will get knocked out, the fact we’re a shambles at the moment wouldn’t even make it an upset!!.
  • Not sure Sandgaard has the money or balls to sack him & I don't think he's going to resign. 

We're stuck with him I'm afraid 
  • Not sure Sandgaard has the money or balls to sack him & I don't think he's going to resign. 

We're stuck with him I'm afraid.
    Might be very costly in the long run if we get relegated to League 2.

Cut your loses now TS otherwise your Premier League dream might be just that.....a dream. 
  • If they can’t keep us out of a relegation fight in L1 I think we can safely assume that all of TS’s bluster of the Premier League and Europe was exactly that all along … who would have thought it!
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Then he’ll win and delay the inevitable. Again. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Chris Hughton would be my first choice, assuming he'd be up for it.
    And who would you want as manager?
    Give that to Hughton n all. Assuming he can still walk
    I think you need to read up on Hughton’s time at Forest. Not sure Arter would be pleased to see him. 
    Think you better read up on our time over the last couple of years mate. We're not exactly a glowing opportunity for anyone who's ripping up trees in anywhere else in recent years......

Thin the term beggars can't be choosers would be more than apt
    OK ‘mate’.
    Ain't we friends anymore then? Sad about that.
    So strange.
  • edited October 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    Then he’ll win and delay the inevitable. Again. 
    A draw will be enough to do that, another loss on Tuesday is the only thing that might force TS's hand. 
  • He who hesitates is lost.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think TS got the National League and Premier confused...
  • It's unrealistic to compare Bowyer taking over from Robinson with the current situation

When Robinson left we were 9th, 5 places from the playoffs, so underperforming slightly, but nothing like the current scenario. Bowyer improved us a bit, and we finished 6th before limping out of the playoffs to one season wonders Shrewsbury. 
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    If he doesn’t go now then TS starts to become the problem. I don’t want protests and I hate how people communicate with him on Twitter, but it’s becoming a big concern that he won’t take action when needed. 
    There no one out there to take over … that’s why TS won’t do anything rash …. Not seen one name yet that gets you excited 
    So you're happy with Adkins then?
    Good old Col probably is.
  • If he doesn’t go now then TS starts to become the problem. I don’t want protests and I hate how people communicate with him on Twitter, but it’s becoming a big concern that he won’t take action when needed. 
    There no one out there to take over … that’s why TS won’t do anything rash …. Not seen one name yet that gets you excited 
    So should TS do nothing then and  watch his investment going down the toilet? The reason you haven’t seen one name to get excited about is because Adkins is still in a job. All we have had is names mentioned by posters on here - the usual suspects - Curbishley, JJ and Euell….  Also, how do you know there is nobody to take over? Do you not think Sandgaard has not been working on a plan as to who he would replace Adkins with? 

Sacking Adkins is not rash at all - it’s the sensible thing to do. 
    How dare you question Colin?
  • Jacko and Euell are part of this shit set up. We need a complete clear out.
  • I wonder when Thomas next plans to fly over ? 

Can he fit in a visit between his Las Vegas appearances ? 
  • Adkins and unfortunately a tarnished by association Jackson must go. An god forbid the Curbs gang , get their way,  For me ask Chris Powell to take a contract to keep us up, with this shit squad, and re- evaluate at end of season. 

Where was we when Powell got sacked and righty so bottom of the league .. let’s not forget his reaction to fans calling for his head at Sheffield 

What did he do at Huddersfield and Southend poor manager who had one good year 

You are talking out of your bottom(as usual). For a start, the next season we were a whisker away from finishing in the play-offs.
  • I think that we have a massive problem.
    In my opinion the squad that Adkins & co have assembled is probably the poorest group of players that I can recall.
    We cannot score & we cannot defend.

With the exception of possibly Leko, Lee & Gilby the remainder are stealing a living, they also appear to be largely disinterested.

I honestly don’t think any manager could achieve anything with this squad.

Adkins and Jackson have to go, BUT who replaces him? That really is the million dollar question.

It is a thankless task for any manager to achieve any sort of success with this squad.

By the time we we reach January and the new transfer window we may we’ll be cut adrift.

• If he doesn’t go now then TS starts to become the problem. I don’t want protests and I hate how people communicate with him on Twitter, but it’s becoming a big concern that he won’t take action when needed. 
    So should TS do nothing then and  watch his investment going down the toilet? The reason you haven’t seen one name to get excited about is because Adkins is still in a job. All we have had is names mentioned by posters on here - the usual suspects - Curbishley, JJ and Euell….  Also, how do you know there is nobody to take over? Do you not think Sandgaard has not been working on a plan as to who he would replace Adkins with? 

Sacking Adkins is not rash at all - it’s the sensible thing to do. 
    How dare you question Colin?
    Sorry, who's Colin ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!