Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Adkins and unfortunately a tarnished by association Jackson must go. An god forbid the Curbs gang , get their way,  For me ask Chris Powell to take a contract to keep us up, with this shit squad, and re- evaluate at end of season. 

• cabbles said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Who would you have right now between Nigel Adkins and currently available Neil Harris?
    Neither. I would keep on interviewing 
    I think I’d give Ainsworth the job. Done well at Wycombe on little to no money, unlucky to get relegated last season, has Wycombe back up there again, play good football. 
    Got a feeling TS would like him but I can't put my finger on why.

Mental agility key to on-field success  Bucks Free Press
    With JJ as his No2:

Yea can see Thommy buying into that 🙈
    In fact fuck it, lets get Andy in as assistant too:

So there’s your band Thomas, now we’ve sorted that perhaps we could dabble with some football ownership? 😉

Same guitar for all 3?
    I assume Roland sold the strings, but rented Tahnoon the body so he could pretend he owned the whole thing, only for Southall to borrow it without permission, charging the club to have it maintained and £25,0000 for a one hour guitar lesson given to him by Bassini?
  • Sponsored links:

• Christ this is so depressing
  • Karel Fraeye after twelve games in charge, W 2, D 4, L 6, Pts 10. Nigel Adkins after 12 this season, W 2, D 3, L 7, Pts 9. Can someone pass the laundry basket?

and in the league above, adkins is doing it in the third tier ffs
  • Got absolutely nothing to lose letting Jackson and Euell take over temporarily. Not sure I want them full-time but we don't have to make that decision straight away. Nobody stands out but I'd be happy with Alex Neil. 
  • IR94 said:

Karel Fraeye after twelve games in charge, W 2, D 4, L 6, Pts 10. Nigel Adkins after 12 this season, W 2, D 3, L 7, Pts 9. Can someone pass the laundry basket?

and in the league above, adkins is doing it in the third tier ffs
    Adkins had a little in the bank from last season to be fair. Admittedly all gone now and his time has to be up. 
  • No post match tweet from TS, it needs to happen before Tuesday
  • Is there enough "fire in the belly" of our entire management/coaching team?
    I may be wrong because I don't know them personally, but Adkins, Jackson and Euell, all come across as laid back characters and not the types to go too ballistic.
    That's fine when everything's going well, but when the chips are down and you need players to dig in and give you 10% more, you're more likely to get that from a Curbs like character in charge.
    One name that never seems to get a mention is Stevie Brown. The bloke has such a passion for us, and I've been so impressed by his in depth knowledge of the game. 
    Blokes like him and Curbs would simply not accept performances like yesterday.
  • I’m not sure getting rid of Adkins will solve the problems either. In my opinion there is too much wrong behind the scenes. It’s been done to death I know but the summer recruitment was far too slow, then players bought in just before, or on, deadline day were far from fit, some of those brought in look inadequate for the job. How much of this is Adkins fault? Not much of it I’d suggest. Players bought in by a four man committee means that he may not have been in favour of a fair few of them but was out voted. He said he wanted his squad, at least the bulk of it, in place for the start of pre season. There is a very good reason for that. It didn’t happen. That isn’t his fault. Then there is the fact he was required to work with JJ and Euell. Most managers have trusted second in commands, men the can rely on, men whose opinion they trust. Hughes and Bowen for example. In Adkins case, Andy Crosby. That didn’t happen. And so on and so on.

I am not saying Adkins hasn’t made mistakes, of course he has, but there is more at play here. Whomever we bring in as replacement things won’t change on the pitch unless things change behind the scenes in my opinion.
     We've obviously learned nothing from the dark days of Dowie.
  • Water under the bridge. But a lot of fans knew the window was shit, and not even up to the standards of a Douchbag window.
    We signed at the bottom of the barrel players nobody else wanted. I suspect that was a TS decision and NA is now shrugging his shoulders and saying ‘ told you so ‘. Maybe that is why NA is still there ? Maybe he wants his own back room and his own players? NA has been successful more than once in this division, he might be hard to replace in the short term. Whilst I think it might be time for a clear out, I suspect the owner is a bit of a fruitcake , and that is always a problem as we know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there enough "fire in the belly" of our entire management/coaching team?
    I may be wrong because I don't know them personally, but Adkins, Jackson and Euell, all come across as laid back characters and not the types to go too ballistic.
    That's fine when everything's going well, but when the chips are down and you need players to dig in and give you 10% more, you're more likely to get that from a Curbs like character in charge.
    One name that never seems to get a mention is Stevie Brown. The bloke has such a passion for us, and I've been so impressed by his in depth knowledge of the game. 
    Blokes like him and Curbs would simply not accept performances like yesterday.
    I'd happily see Brownie in as a defensive coach. Having said that Fortune made a lot of sense last night as well. 

I think there's room for Jacko in the club, would be a good mentor for the youngsters. 

We need a strong no nonsense character to come in and sort out the wheat from the chaff. 

• Adkins should have gone after Wycombe, still being here is making this whole situation a lot worse and the reality of 4th Division football gets nearer.

But he is not the only issue and others needs to follow him (Roddy) We are a club in the relegation zone of the 3rd division and yet we have the following 

An over elaborate recruitment system in which the manager only seems to play only a part in it. I would be amazed if there was any other teams in this division where the manager had that level of input.

Planning for a category 1 Academy. Only Sunderland in this league have it, and only 7 teams in the league above.

The club is a mess and needs to go back to basics to first stay in this league and then get out of it the right way
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Adkins has to go because that's how it works. 

He isn't the problem.  You might get a "new manager bounce" for a few games.

Thomas has to do one of the following now:

1) back Adkins and give him 100% control
    2) sack Adkins and bring in a new manager and give him 100% control

Doing neither will fail. 
    When did we last have a manager who had 100% control? Bowyer was allowed to get on with it but Driesen and Roland had to approve signings. Powell didn’t choose to sign Alonso and Clarke.

Adkins isn’t the only problem but it’s his job to motivate, coach, choose teams, subs, tactics and ultimately get results. He’s not doing that and even if this is only a lower mid table squad it shouldn’t be a bottom four one.
  • edited October 2021
    The only thing that matters is the scoreboard and its awful. It cannot get any worse.
    We can’t change all the players so the only logical conclusion is for someone else to come in and manage the team.This will hopefully lift the players, give them some confidence and we can climb the table. It really is that simple.

• Still think it will be Jackson. Ultimately because he will be by far the cheaper option.

But in fairness to him, if you have a look at our most successful managers in recent times he's clearly from the same mould. 

He might be spectacularly good. He might be catastrophically bad. But he fits the bill
  • No post match tweet from TS, it needs to happen before Tuesday
    And what if it doesn't?

• Personally, I think Jackson is a good option.  I know his coaching could be perceived as part of the problem given the performances to date, but I think he could get a response out of the players.  He’s close with Pearce I would imagine, who probably has a lot of influence and I have a feeling the players just aren’t happy under NA.

If we go down the route of bringing someone from outside in, the first question is who?  All of the so called upcoming managerial talents might look at us and think, yep, biggish club at our level, ex Prem etc, but they might also think, 22nd in League One, big responsibility and quite a bit of pressure.  Second question, new managers usually come in with the need to bring in their own players.  I don’t think TS will be putting his hand in his pocket in Jan, so it would be a case of getting the best out the bunch here.  An outside manager might not want to work in those circumstances or have the ability to turn it round in 34 games.  For want of a better depiction, Jackson sits quite nicely in that Venn diagram given all the factors at play and could have a chance of keeping us up.
  • cabbles said:
    Personally, I think Jackson is a good option.  I know his coaching could be perceived as part of the problem given the performances to date, but I think he could get a response out of the players.  He’s close with Pearce I would imagine, who probably has a lot of influence and I have a feeling the players just aren’t happy under NA.

If we go down the route of bringing someone from outside in, the first question is who?  All of the so called upcoming managerial talents might look at us and think, yep, biggish club at our level, ex Prem etc, but they might also think, 22nd in League One, big responsibility and quite a bit of pressure.  Second question, new managers usually come in with the need to bring in their own players.  I don’t think TS will be putting his hand in his pocket in Jan, so it would be a case of getting the best out the bunch here.  An outside manager might not want to work in those circumstances or have the ability to turn it round in 34 games.  For want of a better depiction, Jackson sits quite nicely in that Venn diagram given all the factors at play and could have a chance of keeping us up.
    TS talked about making signings in January only a few weeks ago.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/thomas-sandgaard-outlines-early-thoughts-on-how-january-transfer-window-might-look-for-charlton-athletic/
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!