Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• The worrying thing now is Thomas is probably consulting with Roddy about what to do…
    Why is that worrying?
  • He hasn't made a post match comment which is unusual isn't it? He was on twitter as he commented on our goal. I think he will definitely be discussing Adkins' future tonight, but as you say, it will be with Roddy who was probably the man who recommended him!
  • Sandgaard is for me a nice bloke but he thinks he knows more about football than he does. Every person who posts on this site knows more about football than he does. That is only a problem because he is not aware of his limitations. Even Duchatelet would have sacked Adkins by now. How many points does he want to lose before the inevitable as it is an inevitable outcome? 
    Even a certain guy called Colin, posting under the name of a former centre forward?
    There is always an exception to the rule. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The worrying thing now is Thomas is probably consulting with Roddy about what to do…
    Why is that worrying?
    Because that’s his only fall back due to not having a proper management system in place, and he seems to give his opinion a lot of value.
  • Rothko said:
    Sandgaard silence is telling
    Is it? Or is he just trying to avoid the replies?
  • Rothko said:
    Sandgaard silence is telling
    Hope you’re right.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Adkins will get Tuesdays game, trouble is if he scrapes a draw in that he will probably get another 3 games. 

People will start to turn on TS if Adkins is still here come November and we are still in the bottom 3.
    If he is in charge on Tuesday then serious questions have to be asked as to what Sandgaard wants from all this. 

Agreed. For me it would signal that he's not willing to pay Adkins off, suggesting he's not as prepared to splash the cash as he needs to be in this business and League 2 is a real possibility.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he doesn’t go now then TS starts to become the problem. I don’t want protests and I hate how people communicate with him on Twitter, but it’s becoming a big concern that he won’t take action when needed. 
    There no one out there to take over … that’s why TS won’t do anything rash …. Not seen one name yet that gets you excited 
    So you're happy with Adkins then?
  • If he doesn’t go now then TS starts to become the problem. I don’t want protests and I hate how people communicate with him on Twitter, but it’s becoming a big concern that he won’t take action when needed. 
    There no one out there to take over … that’s why TS won’t do anything rash …. Not seen one name yet that gets you excited 
    I don't think sacking Adkins is at all rash. It's the most sensible thing to do in order to avoid a relegation battle. I can do without names that get me excited as long as Adkins goes. Just give whoever comes in (someone with their own coaching staff) a contract until the end of the season.
  • By every measure, no one alive to day has seen a worse Charlton side. This lot will be relegation fodder in league two. We are just one relegation away from an existential crisis. Relegation is nailed on unless we change and give a new manager time to turn it around. Unless of course looking over our shoulders at non-league football was part of the long-term plan. 
    I have been following Charlton for 55 years and have not seen a side as bad as this.  My lad said during the game that there are league two sides that could beat this lot.  Someone needs to stop walking round the Valley playing his guitar, and sort this out!!!
  • edited October 2021
    My head says 'get rid of Adkins and all the backroom staff' as i think we need a complete refresh but my heart says give JJ/Euell a chance to see what they can do as caretakers for the next couple of months. Then if they do well give them until the end of the season. If it isn't working by the end of December then get a new experienced manager in in time for the January window.
  • edited October 2021
    Personally I think he’s got the next two games. Tuesday and Saturday. A heavy defeat at The Stadium of Light, which is on the cards might well seal his fate. Tuesday he needs a performance. 
  • We may win on Tuesday. But we will lose on Saturday. This needs putting out of its misery now!
  • Personally I think he’s got the next two games. Tuesday and Saturday. A heavy defeat at The Stadium of Light, which is on the cards might well seal his fate. Tuesday he needs a performance. 
    Problem is with Thomas’ approach as it is, Nige could still be lumbering along like that in 2 months time, cobbling a win in between two defeats and  a draw all the time, and still be in the bottom three
  • Sponsored links:

• Personally I think he’s got the next two games. Tuesday and Saturday. A heavy defeat at The Stadium of Light, which is on the cards might well seal his fate. Tuesday he needs a performance. 
    Problem is with Thomas’ approach as it is, Nige could still be lumbering along like that in 2 months time, cobbling a win in between two defeats and  a draw all the time, and still be in the bottom three
    I think Adkins knows he’s standing in the doorway of the last chance saloon. Thomas has I think acted honourably by not pushing the button already but I’m confident he knows where the button is and when to press it. 
    Unfortunately i feel you are right, and he could well be in charge for the next two games, which if these prove another couple of defeats what then, another and another...how many more "last chance saloon" scenarios are there going to be, Nige is probably just as surprised as anyone why he hasn't been given the boot, now much as i love the guy for what he has done for the club, i just hope that Thomas grows a pair and gets this sorted NOW ffs..
  • Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

TS plucked while Charlton was fucked.
  • we are a reactive club unfortunately 

we were reactive in signing good players in the summer window and are now reactive in sacking Adkins. A new man should have had the last two weeks to get to know the players and start pushing his ideas through

we really need a proactive approach
    great post, something we have sadly always suffered from
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Personally I think he’s got the next two games. Tuesday and Saturday. A heavy defeat at The Stadium of Light, which is on the cards might well seal his fate. Tuesday he needs a performance. 
    I think Adkins knows he’s standing in the doorway of the last chance saloon. Thomas has I think acted honourably by not pushing the button already but I’m confident he knows where the button is and when to press it
    Disagree, the time to press it was a few weeks ago.
    Perhaps. Need to remember that when Adkins was appointed that TS was certain that Nigel was the right man. Finding out that he’s not won’t be an easy process for TS and that why I think he’s been patient. Having said that you don’t make as much money as Thomas has in business without having enough sense to know when to act. Like I said. I think he has two games.
  • edited October 2021
    Maccn05 said:
    I’ve stolen this from Twitter as I completely agree with the point made

Don't really get this 'nice guy' thing. From Day 1 he's seemed aloof and self-regarding to me, and lacking any real interest in the club. Surprised how many people seem to mistake a positive attitude for an engaging one

I’ve hated his attitude since the results fell off a cliff. Refusing to go to the fans, constant excuses, hiding from the truth and no apologies to the paying & traveling fans… it’s all an act to me, his persona and the cracks have been showing for a while.

I was firmly against his appointment from day one I called that he was ‘Yesterday’s Man’ but it has to be ended now.

We need a fresh young, modern manager to just start again. Not bothered about a nameZ would love Ryan Lowe but the sad fact is he wouldn’t even join us now.

This all day long and have felt exactly the same.

Nigel 'insert club name here' Adkins.
    Whenever he talks about the club he's at it's always a cut and paste job. I get the strong impression that he has no real interest in delving into the fabric of the club.  Dowie was the same. Robinson too.I suppose not many managers do. But the ones that don't tend not too last too long at this particular football club.
    The heavy defeat at home to Bolton was enough for me😬
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!