Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• edited October 2021
    Nigel has obviously been a good manager in the past but sadly that’s gone . Time to move on and get a new manager/coach who can inspire the team . I appreciate finding the right man isn’t going to be easy . But needs must . 
  • Who would you have right now between Nigel Adkins and currently available Neil Harris?
  • Tactically inept , there was a point in the 2nd where we had three consecutive goal kicks where the ball never touched one of our players before they shot wide and so it continued 
  • seth plum said:
    Who would you have right now between Nigel Adkins and currently available Neil Harris?

Could Thomas work with Neil Harris? Great question though.
  • seth plum said:
    Who would you have right now between Nigel Adkins and currently available Neil Harris?
    Neither. I would keep on interviewing 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Personally I think he’s got the next two games. Tuesday and Saturday. A heavy defeat at The Stadium of Light, which is on the cards might well seal his fate. Tuesday he needs a performance. 
    Problem is with Thomas’ approach as it is, Nige could still be lumbering along like that in 2 months time, cobbling a win in between two defeats and  a draw all the time, and still be in the bottom three
    I think Adkins knows he’s standing in the doorway of the last chance saloon. Thomas has I think acted honourably by not pushing the button already but I’m confident he knows where the button is and when to press it
    Disagree, the time to press it was a few weeks ago.
    Perhaps. Need to remember that when Adkins was appointed that TS was certain that Nigel was the right man. Finding out that he’s not won’t be an easy process for TS and that why I think he’s been patient. Having said that you don’t make as much money as Thomas has in business without having enough sense to know when to act. Like I said. I think he has two games.
    Plus TS will want to do it properly .. not tell him
    he sacked while he in the team coach coming back from the game …. 
  • Anyone who knows their squad would have realised that with the disallowed goal 3 mins from the end, Stockley should have been brought back to defend and play with one up front to protect the point. 
    Nads doesn’t know his best team and his formation and tactics are woeful. It seems he has no game management skills either. 
    He will be gone Weds morning if we lose Tuesday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Could Thomas work with Neil Harris? Great question though.
    I'd have Keith Harris if he was still with us!
  • seth plum said:
    Gus poyet wants a job, very good win ratio apparently.
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Personally I think he’s got the next two games. Tuesday and Saturday. A heavy defeat at The Stadium of Light, which is on the cards might well seal his fate. Tuesday he needs a performance. 
    Problem is with Thomas’ approach as it is, Nige could still be lumbering along like that in 2 months time, cobbling a win in between two defeats and  a draw all the time, and still be in the bottom three
    I think Adkins knows he’s standing in the doorway of the last chance saloon. Thomas has I think acted honourably by not pushing the button already but I’m confident he knows where the button is and when to press it
    Disagree, the time to press it was a few weeks ago.
    Perhaps. Need to remember that when Adkins was appointed that TS was certain that Nigel was the right man. Finding out that he’s not won’t be an easy process for TS and that why I think he’s been patient. Having said that you don’t make as much money as Thomas has in business without having enough sense to know when to act. Like I said. I think he has two games.
    Plus TS will want to do it properly .. not tell him
    he sacked while he in the team coach coming back from the game …. 
    Tell him before he gets on the coach and make him get the train home
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    If he doesn’t go now then TS starts to become the problem. I don’t want protests and I hate how people communicate with him on Twitter, but it’s becoming a big concern that he won’t take action when needed. 
    There no one out there to take over … that’s why TS won’t do anything rash …. Not seen one name yet that gets you excited 
    So you're happy with Adkins then?
    What’s the point of getting rid when there no one ready better to take over .. your end up in the same position in 4 months time .. Adkins was the right man less then 12 ago , in fact he was the right man fir the job at the start of this season after impressing in the 11 games he had last season .. … tonight Ipswich and Pompey fans are calling for their manager heads .. it’s getting ridiculous managers just not getting time to build a team .. gone are the days a manager gets 5 years or more to do his job .

Jesus wept. Yes, let’s give NA 5 years to build us into a club that yo-yos between League Two and League One. Progress, eh?
  • Maccn05 said:
    I’ve stolen this from Twitter as I completely agree with the point made

Don't really get this 'nice guy' thing. From Day 1 he's seemed aloof and self-regarding to me, and lacking any real interest in the club. Surprised how many people seem to mistake a positive attitude for an engaging one”

I’ve hated his attitude since the results fell off a cliff. Refusing to go to the fans, constant excuses, hiding from the truth and no apologies to the paying & traveling fans… it’s all an act to me, his persona and the cracks have been showing for a while.

I was firmly against his appointment from day one I called that he was ‘Yesterday’s Man’ but it has to be ended now.

We need a fresh young, modern manager to just start again. Not bothered about a nameZ would love Ryan Lowe but the sad fact is he wouldn’t even join us now.

Spot on 
  • seth plum said:
    Who do you think you are, Katrien Meire?
  • edited October 2021
    DDOUBLEE said:
    If he doesn’t go now then TS starts to become the problem. I don’t want protests and I hate how people communicate with him on Twitter, but it’s becoming a big concern that he won’t take action when needed. 
    There no one out there to take over … that’s why TS won’t do anything rash …. Not seen one name yet that gets you excited 
    So you're happy with Adkins then?
    What’s the point of getting rid when there no one ready better to take over .. your end up in the same position in 4 months time .. Adkins was the right man less then 12 ago , in fact he was the right man fir the job at the start of this season after impressing in the 11 games he had last season .. … tonight Ipswich and Pompey fans are calling for their manager heads .. it’s getting ridiculous managers just not getting time to build a team .. gone are the days a manager gets 5 years or more to do his job .

Could understand that if there were a few chinks of light in performances. But the are None... Nadger. ..Diddly.
     This side is bereft of confidence. And somehow, Super positive Nigel Adkins managed to get things  so very wrong from the start of this season. It was obvious to me at the Wigan game that this group really weren't feeling it.

His flush is busted. His batteries are flat. Time to get someone to inject some sort of belief and optimism into this sorry bunch I'm afraid.
  • cabbles said:
    Think I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but what’s the point of giving him the next game or next 2 games.  Say we win one or both?  2 wins in 12 would suggest there will be no magic turnaround.  
    100% agree. We are looking at probably one of our lowest crowds in league history on Tuesday night against a side who enjoy sticking it to the big sides in this division. What realistically is NA going to change from today’s showing by Tuesday. Desperately need to change the culture at the club. Got a perfect storm ahead of us. We need to get this sorted ASAP, should have been resolved straight after the Bolton hammering.
  • seth plum said:
    Would rather have Rolf Harris than Adkins  

• Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Adkins will get Tuesdays game, trouble is if he scrapes a draw in that he will probably get another 3 games. 

People will start to turn on TS if Adkins is still here come November and we are still in the bottom 3.
    If he is in charge on Tuesday them serious questions have to be asked as to what Sandgaard wants from all this. 

100% he will be in charge on Tuesday. 
    One thing I do know, if he is there on Tuesday then I won’t be.
    Seconded!
  • edited October 2021
    cabbles said:
    Think I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but what’s the point of giving him the next game or next 2 games.  Say we win one or both?  2 wins in 12 would suggest there will be no magic turnaround.  
    100% agree. We are looking at probably one of our lowest crowds in league history on Tuesday night against a side who enjoy sticking it to the big sides in this division. What realistically is NA going to change from today’s showing by Tuesday. Desperately need to change the culture at the club. Got a perfect storm ahead of us. We need to get this sorted ASAP, should have been resolved straight after the Bolton hammering.
    He will probably make five changes then five changes again then no changes when we only lose to Sunderland by one goal. He doesn't know his best side and half of the players he picks are not fit enough. He doesn't know how to fix it and hopefully there is somebody who does or we may be starting next season in League Two.
  • edited October 2021
    seth plum said:
    Would rather have Rolf Harris than Adkins  

‘Can you see what it is yet’? I can, it’s a car train crash (see what I did there😉) waiting to happen unless TS bites the bullet.
  • Why would he leave Wycombe for us?
    No disrespect to Wycombe they are a small club, small crowds, no real financial backing. It might not seem so at the moment but we are a huge step up.
  • seth plum said:
    I think I’d give Ainsworth the job. Done well at Wycombe on little to no money, unlucky to get relegated last season, has Wycombe back up there again, play good football. 
    Not a hope in hell he'd leave Wycombe for us. 
    No disrespect to Wycombe they are a small club, small crowds, no real financial backing. It might not seem so at the moment but we are a huge step up.
    They have a better football team than us…
    That used to be true, but they’ve been well backed in recent years
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!