Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Unpopular with many but John Terry could be available. 
  • edited October 2021
    Unpopular with many but John Terry could be available. 
    At least nobody can be arsed to visit our training ground.
  • Unpopular with many but John Terry could be available. 
    John Terry Terry, he's better than Chris Solly
  • edited October 2021
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Who would you have right now between Nigel Adkins and currently available Neil Harris?
    Neither. I would keep on interviewing 
    I think I’d give Ainsworth the job. Done well at Wycombe on little to no money, unlucky to get relegated last season, has Wycombe back up there again, play good football. 
    Got a feeling TS would like him but I can't put my finger on why.

Mental agility key to on-field success  Bucks Free Press
    He’ll have to get that banjo resprayed for a start 😉.
  • Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Who would you have right now between Nigel Adkins and currently available Neil Harris?
    I think I’d give Ainsworth the job. Done well at Wycombe on little to no money, unlucky to get relegated last season, has Wycombe back up there again, play good football. 

With JJ as his No2:

Yea can see Thommy buying into that 🙈
  • edited October 2021
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:

With JJ as his No2:

In fact fuck it, lets get Andy in as assistant too:

So there’s your band Thomas, now we’ve sorted that perhaps we could dabble with some football ownership? 😉
  • seth plum said:
    Neither. Not sure why you keep suggesting him.

seth plum said:
    Neither. Not sure why you keep suggesting him.

I have met him at our U23 games in the past, he is seemingly a decent guy, and respected by the football people around and about the place. He knows about local as it were, and his teams always showed fight.
    I suppose he has been on my mind since someone casually mentioned at Wycombe.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Adkins will get Tuesdays game, trouble is if he scrapes a draw in that he will probably get another 3 games. 

People will start to turn on TS if Adkins is still here come November and we are still in the bottom 3.
    If he is in charge on Tuesday then serious questions have to be asked as to what Sandgaard wants from all this. 

Agreed. For me it would signal that he's not willing to pay Adkins off, suggesting he's not as prepared to splash the cash as he needs to be in this business and League 2 is a real possibility.
    Relegation to L2 will cost him more in the long run.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:
    Adkins will get Tuesdays game, trouble is if he scrapes a draw in that he will probably get another 3 games. 

People will start to turn on TS if Adkins is still here come November and we are still in the bottom 3.
    If he is in charge on Tuesday then serious questions have to be asked as to what Sandgaard wants from all this. 

Agreed. For me it would signal that he's not willing to pay Adkins off, suggesting he's not as prepared to splash the cash as he needs to be in this business and League 2 is a real possibility.
    Maybe he can't make his mind up who is to blame. Who wields the real power in his absence? 
  • If TS is still considering what to do about NA, I suggest he takes a look at the National League table.

That league is full of clubs who at one time were established League clubs - Grimsby, Chesterfield, Notts County, Stockport, Wrexham, Torquay, Southend, Aldershot to name a few. No doubt the supporters of those clubs could never see a time when their club dropped out of the League.

I'm sure we all feel the same. But many more performances like today .... 
  • Maccn05 said:
    I’ve stolen this from Twitter as I completely agree with the point made

Don't really get this 'nice guy' thing. From Day 1 he's seemed aloof and self-regarding to me, and lacking any real interest in the club. Surprised how many people seem to mistake a positive attitude for an engaging one

I’ve hated his attitude since the results fell off a cliff. Refusing to go to the fans, constant excuses, hiding from the truth and no apologies to the paying & traveling fans… it’s all an act to me, his persona and the cracks have been showing for a while.

I was firmly against his appointment from day one I called that he was ‘Yesterday’s Man’ but it has to be ended now.

We need a fresh young, modern manager to just start again. Not bothered about a nameZ would love Ryan Lowe but the sad fact is he wouldn’t even join us now.

This all day long and have felt exactly the same.

Nigel 'insert club name here' Adkins.
    Whenever he talks about the club he's at it's always a cut and paste job. I get the strong impression that he has no real interest in delving into the fabric of the club.  Dowie was the same. Robinson too.I suppose not many managers do. But the ones that don't tend not too last too long at this particular football club.
    Absolutely 100% correct.

Adkins is a bullshitter and a bluffer, one whose bluff had been plain to see from his last three failed jobs, sorry, forgot that he did an incredible job keeping Hull in the Championship, surprised Real Madrid didn’t come in for him after that.

As Depeche Mode said back in the 1980s, “Confidence taken in….by a suntan and a grin.”

Plenty of folks on here got fooled, that’s for sure.
  • cabbles said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:

With JJ as his No2:

So there’s your band Thomas, now we’ve sorted that perhaps we could dabble with some football ownership? 😉

Absolutely brilliant, especially Roland. What a happy man!!
  • Adkins long term sidekick Andy Crosby now assistant at Port Vale. 
    Currently 3rd
  • That’s the final straw.

I said before the international break that Adkins had to use that two weeks to absolutely drill his system and methods into our best XI.

He failed.

Look up in Scotland where Postecoglou, a seriously talented coach, apparently drilled his system relentlessly into his Celtic team over the break and they apparently put on their best performance of the season today, winning 2-0 at Motherwell.

I knew from the start Adkins was a busted flush, that’s why he was out the game for two seasons, but no, apparently his taking Hull to Championship safety, having failed spectacularly at Sheffield United and Reading, made him the next Juergen Klopp according to some of the clowns on here.

Sandgaard needs to appoint a proper football CEO to run the place, then we might get somewhere, right now we are an absolute shambles.
    Who called him the next Juergen Klopp? 
    I don't remember anyone saying that. 
    Nigel Adkins
  • That’s the final straw.

I said before the international break that Adkins had to use that two weeks to absolutely drill his system and methods into our best XI.

He failed.

Look up in Scotland where Postecoglou, a seriously talented coach, apparently drilled his system relentlessly into his Celtic team over the break and they apparently put on their best performance of the season today, winning 2-0 at Motherwell.

I knew from the start Adkins was a busted flush, that’s why he was out the game for two seasons, but no, apparently his taking Hull to Championship safety, having failed spectacularly at Sheffield United and Reading, made him the next Juergen Klopp according to some of the clowns on here.

Sandgaard needs to appoint a proper football CEO to run the place, then we might get somewhere, right now we are an absolute shambles.
    Go back and look at the thread when he was appointed, absolute cringe fest.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a sad and sorry state we must be in if we have some people calling for Curbs or Chris Powell to be brought in as manager.
    I'm not necessarily saying it's wrong, nor in any way criticising the people calling for it, but just trying to take a detached view.
    It just seems so lame.
    Imagine how we would laugh if Palace fans were pleading for the return of Steve Coppell.

• Ferryman said:
    If he's such a nice bloke why hasn't he held his hands up and walked?
    This is probably his last gig in football. He won’t walk without a payoff. 
    He can start his next career as a motivational speaker on "staying positive."
  • cabbles said:
    Scoham said:
    seth plum said:

With JJ as his No2:

Absolutely brilliant, especially Roland. What a happy man!!

• He's still here isnt he.... Why is he still here? 
  • edited October 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    Will it? According to Airman he bought the club for £1. He would save a lot of money (millions per year) by just walking, wouldn't he?
  • Fuckoff Adkins useless sack of shit.  
  • edited October 2021
    That’s the final straw.

He failed.

Go back and look at the thread when he was appointed, absolute cringe fest.
    I'll leave you to provide the link of all the fans calling him the next Juergen Klopp because I'm 99% confident no one did.

Some thought he may do well but Klopp, you're making it up. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!