Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Adkins trying to save his job judging by his interview on Charlton TV.
  • edited October 2021
    A good leader would make the clearly needed change.

Has Sandgaard got it in him to sack someone? I sadly don't think he has.
    What’s being said ?
  • 2 weeks training and they look even more confused as to what they should be doing. 
    There’s no plan b and we result to long hoof up field. 
    players are just standing off people letting them pass through us. We don’t look like we know what to do defensively. 
    Good night Adkins. Time to go 

What’s being said ?
    Adkins saying we should have had a stonewall pen before their second, and suggesting the second itself was offside. Poor excuses or frustratingly accurate?
  • He just has to go ffs. Embarassing.
  • edited October 2021
    Adkins trying to save his job judging by his interview on Charlton TV.
    What’s being said ?
    He's said we should've had a stonewall penalty and that their second looked offside.
  • Sponsored links:

• key telling point is how awful we repeatedly are after a prolonged break when more work can be done on the training ground.
    The clincher for me. Any manager who cannot show an improvement after a sustained period of time of having the majority of his squad fit and available to train and understand his methods is not a manager that will go very far.
  • RedRyan said:
    Adkins trying to save his job judging by his interview on Charlton TV.
    What’s being said ?
    Adkins saying we should have had a stonewall pen before their second, and suggesting the second itself was offside. Poor excuses or frustratingly accurate?
    Irrelevant though really. We were so clearly second best. A draw would have been unfair on Lincoln, a loss would have been a total joke.
  • Let’s just pretend we aren’t shite then shall we , Nige, it’s everyone else’s fault!!!! Ffs.
  • Think Chris would be up for leaving his assistant job at Spurs to come back? He would be an above average appointment for League One and buy time for TS.
  • Yeah, I was convinced after Bolton, but you can’t have a good two weeks to bed in the way we play as a unit, and then collectively shit the bed like that. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Jackson and Euell TEMPORARILY until a good manager can be hired or they prove themselves worthy. We need to change now. Lincoln were shit and still won despite us scoring twice.
    I am just gonna guess many will want Jackson gone as well under the theory that the rot runs deeper than just Adkins.
    It’s worth a go for a couple of games to see if he gets a reaction. If not bring in a good young manager from this league or the one below.

Adkins has to go, there’s not one aspect of our game we’re even decent at.
  • Sponsored links:

• JJ and Curbs or Hughton
  •                 Taxi for Nigel….
  • I won’t go again until they are all gone. Today was the last straw
  • I worry that Jackson and Euell are part of the current problem. 

I don’t want that to be true obviously. 

But I can’t rationalise away how their input currently is being ignored or completely overridden. 

I want there to be another explanation but I don’t know what is really so wrong behind the scenes. 
    Well it should be easy to find out. Sack Adkins and give one of them or both of them the job for Tuesday and expect them to hit the ground running seeing as they know the players etc... If they swim they keep the job and if they sink, we bring somebody new in.
    We don't really have the time for all that. Remember Les Reed? 
  • I worry that Jackson and Euell are part of the current problem. 

I don’t want that to be true obviously. 

But I can’t rationalise away how their input currently is being ignored or completely overridden. 

I want there to be another explanation but I don’t know what is really so wrong behind the scenes. 
    Well it should be easy to find out. Sack Adkins and give one of them or both of them the job for Tuesday and expect them to hit the ground running seeing as they know the players etc... If they swim they keep the job and if they sink, we bring somebody new in.
    Can’t deny this logic at all !

• edited October 2021
    100% get rid
    Was happy to keep faith but it isn’t working
    JJ. 
    No delusions of grandeur. We shouldn’t be kicking about at the bottom of the third division.   
  • Why would CP leave his job at Spurs, after all, he is a Spurs fan. He would also have to quit his job with England, as he couldn’t do both. In any case, I couldn’t see the FA allowing one of its principle coaches to be in charge of a team at the bottom of the 3rd tier, so let’s forget about a Powell return. 

• The difference to Les Reed is they have to hit the ground running on a caretaker basis.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!