Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    To be fair that one fan listened to the voice of the person they represent and changed their plans.

Talking To Myself GIFs  Tenor
  • Haven't heard that Suede but from where I sit I have been pretty unimpressed by all the incomings, we know Leko can play but he's a loanee, but those we have actually signed are distinctly average at very best
  • It's a theoretically good squad that's been ill-served by a considerable helping of bad luck and poor planning for midfield in particular. Also, certain players are playing well below their reputations; some are sulking. It's a bit of a toxic situation. I'm certain Adkins wishes he could have the summer transfer window again.
  • Haven't heard that Suede but from where I sit I have been pretty unimpressed by all the incomings, we know Leko can play but he's a loanee, but those we have actually signed are distinctly average at very best
    All the signings that have given it a full effort started the game against Bolton. Clare, Lee, CBT, Leko. Those four are blameless imo. To some degree, all our other signings have fucked it up for Adkins. Famewo only started this game because Pearce couldn't manage it; I'd say he's one of the worst offenders
  • Haven't posted on this matter before but after Tuesdays debacle I cannot see where the improvement under the current manager will come from. Worse still I sit watching and wonder how on earth we ended up with a squad which is so poor. There is no dynamism in midfield or protection for the back four, we look vulnerable down the flanks and struggle to defend the penalty area. Ultimately Adkins will pay the price but I wonder what manager is going to get more from this lot? There are plenty of posts suggesting they are unfit, but it looks more like unmotivated. I have been going to The Valley for sixty years now and really cannot recall us being in the bottom three of the third division, this feels like the death of a thousand cuts. But for a short answer yes Adkins needs to go 
    Is it a poor squad though....or just a squad that's performing badly (for whatever reason)?

I know that it may be part of bigging themselves up - but I'm sure I have heard a number of managers (after inevitably beating us) - saying that we have a squad of players that they envy.
    I personally think it’s a poor squad. 

Any new manager coming in will have a clear out, that’s one of the reasons I think NA is still here. TS can’t afford to pay NA off or back the rebuilding of a new team. 
  • Haven't posted on this matter before but after Tuesdays debacle I cannot see where the improvement under the current manager will come from. Worse still I sit watching and wonder how on earth we ended up with a squad which is so poor. There is no dynamism in midfield or protection for the back four, we look vulnerable down the flanks and struggle to defend the penalty area. Ultimately Adkins will pay the price but I wonder what manager is going to get more from this lot? There are plenty of posts suggesting they are unfit, but it looks more like unmotivated. I have been going to The Valley for sixty years now and really cannot recall us being in the bottom three of the third division, this feels like the death of a thousand cuts. But for a short answer yes Adkins needs to go 
    Is it a poor squad though....or just a squad that's performing badly (for whatever reason)?

I know that it may be part of bigging themselves up - but I'm sure I have heard a number of managers (after inevitably beating us) - saying that we have a squad of players that they envy.
    Yep Cowley said as much last weekend, it's a good squad, with players who are underperforming or not in a structure that allows them to perform
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Haven't posted on this matter before but after Tuesdays debacle I cannot see where the improvement under the current manager will come from. Worse still I sit watching and wonder how on earth we ended up with a squad which is so poor. There is no dynamism in midfield or protection for the back four, we look vulnerable down the flanks and struggle to defend the penalty area. Ultimately Adkins will pay the price but I wonder what manager is going to get more from this lot? There are plenty of posts suggesting they are unfit, but it looks more like unmotivated. I have been going to The Valley for sixty years now and really cannot recall us being in the bottom three of the third division, this feels like the death of a thousand cuts. But for a short answer yes Adkins needs to go 

Yep Cowley said as much last weekend, it's a good squad, with players who are underperforming or not in a structure that allows them to perform
    Was Cowley talking about our squad or his squad. Glass houses and all that but they have failed to win a game in nine!
  • Rothko said:
    Haven't posted on this matter before but after Tuesdays debacle I cannot see where the improvement under the current manager will come from. Worse still I sit watching and wonder how on earth we ended up with a squad which is so poor. There is no dynamism in midfield or protection for the back four, we look vulnerable down the flanks and struggle to defend the penalty area. Ultimately Adkins will pay the price but I wonder what manager is going to get more from this lot? There are plenty of posts suggesting they are unfit, but it looks more like unmotivated. I have been going to The Valley for sixty years now and really cannot recall us being in the bottom three of the third division, this feels like the death of a thousand cuts. But for a short answer yes Adkins needs to go 

On the flip side of that the Bolton manager said we were knackered after 60 minutes and were there for the taking.

Cowley was being polite and hiding the fact they failed to beat us.
  • Rothko said:

Was Cowley talking about our squad or his squad. Glass houses and all that but they have failed to win a game in nine!
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/i-wouldnt-like-to-be-nigel-picking-that-lot-portsmouth-boss-danny-cowley-burned-the-midnight-oil-with-charlton-prepwork/

“We played a Charlton team that carried threat in two different ways,” said Cowley. “We couldn’t pick their team. Wow, they have got some players – ain’t they? I wouldn’t like to be Nigel picking that lot…because there are so many of them."
  • Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/i-wouldnt-like-to-be-nigel-picking-that-lot-portsmouth-boss-danny-cowley-burned-the-midnight-oil-with-charlton-prepwork/

“We played a Charlton team that carried threat in two different ways,” said Cowley. “We couldn’t pick their team. Wow, they have got some players – ain’t they? I wouldn’t like to be Nigel picking that lot…because there are so many of them."
    Load of tosh, Cowley trying to protect NA’s job and cover the fact Pompey failed to beat us.
  • All good points here and I concede that there is probably good players there but they are making a mighty fine job of hiding it. As for them being knackered after 60 minutes, I go back to motivation, if that is lacking that saps energy and effort. It was clear after the second goal on Tuesday that the heads dropped and that allowed Bolton to walk through us. A new manager should at least be able to inject some spirit and that brings energy. So again Adkins needs to go
  • Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Load of tosh, Cowley trying to protect NA’s job and cover the fact Pompey failed to beat us.

• Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Perhaps he is trying to distract from his own under performing outfit though? They haven't won a game since 17th August and were 4th favourites to win the division at the beginning of the season. During that time they've picked up 3 points from 21, failed to beat the bottom two clubs and lost at home to another promoted side, Cambridge.  

As I say, glass houses. 
  • Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Well if you believe this current squad “carries a threat” have difficulty “picking the team” and “Wow we have some players” Crack on.

Pep, Jose and Sir Alex could not get a run of wins out of this lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

Well if you believe this current squad “carries a threat” have difficulty “picking the team” and “Wow we have some players” Crack on.

Disagree. 

I think they need someone in-between Bowyer and Adkins.

Not a strict drill sergeant and not a hippy "do what you've done so far" type.

We need someone with a clear plan, able to manage people and inspire them to do well. There's a lot of skill in this squad, but if they're not playing as a unit or fighting for one another we won't see it shine consistently.

I can’t see “a lot of skill” but each to their own Dazz, The proof will be if and when NA goes.
  • Rothko said:
    Rothko said:
    Rothko said:

I think they would. Fergie would install discipline and improve fitness. That’s fundamentally what’s wrong with this squad.

did Adkins give the players a deserved rocket on Tuesday or tell them to sleep well and go again next game.
  • se9addick said:
    It actually says “we as a voice of fans”
  • Leuth said:
    Haven't heard that Suede but from where I sit I have been pretty unimpressed by all the incomings, we know Leko can play but he's a loanee, but those we have actually signed are distinctly average at very best
    All the signings that have given it a full effort started the game against Bolton. Clare, Lee, CBT, Leko. Those four are blameless imo. To some degree, all our other signings have fucked it up for Adkins. Famewo only started this game because Pearce couldn't manage it; I'd say he's one of the worst offenders
    I’d say he tried hard enough v Bolton
  • NADs not TS’s only concern, looks like Zynex shares been on same downward trend as Charlton results.

This might be quite significant.

I'm guessing that Sandgaard has underestimated the cost and complexity of achieving the original ambitious claim of top level football in five years.

And, while he is rich by most definitions, he is not super-rich.  This link also shows that he sold off some Zynex shares (US$2.7m) earlier this year ... presumably to help fund a secret habit that he has?

Zynex, Inc. (NASDAQ:ZYXI) insiders sold US$3.1m worth of stock suggesting impending weakness. | Nasdaq

Can he actually afford any pay-off or clean sweep that many are advocating?

He needs help.
  • cabbles said:
    In defence of TS and not pulling the trigger as of yet, I doubt he thought it would be as bad as it has been so far this season.  He may need a few days to think about where to go to next and how to get there if he gets rid of Adkins.  That’s not excusing that whatever his plan is so far hasn’t worked, it’s more that he might want to think over what getting rid of NA means practically 

For me, I truly believe the best option would be to get rid of NA and give JJ caretaker manager until the end of the season.  Saves having to try and find an out of work manager straight away, as I’m not overly enamoured at some of the available choices.  Jackson already knows them, sees them in training every day and also gives him and us a chance to see if he’s a viable candidate for the role permanently.

It has many positives for me.  

Plus, I don’t know about others, but I am not expecting promotion at all.  Many people keep saying this squad should be good enough to be higher than we are, which I agree with (to an extent), so let’s see if Jackson can get us a bit higher up the table, and stake a claim for the job full time or not.

100% agree. Personally think we aren’t in the desperate stage yet. Think we got another 5/10 games before we are entering uncharted waters as to being in a relegation battle. Very much like the first season with KR. Season is over and just trying to make the most of what we have left
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!