Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    nice guys don't often make good football managers or players for that matter - great smiley atmosphere at training - turns to shit when meet the nasty opposition - bring in John Sittens as caretaker manager for a month of good old school bullying  
    Who is that?
    He's a close friend of John Sitton but a bit more agressive  
  • "You can pair up if you want" is not a phrase I expect Adkins uses very often
    not when he's telling us how to defend down the flanks that's for sure 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    nice guys don't often make good football managers or players for that matter - great smiley atmosphere at training - turns to shit when meet the nasty opposition - bring in John Sittens as caretaker manager for a month of good old school bullying  
    Who is that?
    And bring your dinner
    put the canteen on standby 
  • holyjo said:
    The two most important and powerful  leadership competencies , when combined  in any walk of life are ......

a) Inspiring and motivating others to high performance 
    b) Driving for results. 

Adkins is failing at both and as such has fatal flaws as a leader. 

He should go and go quickly 
    and being harder than anybody else in the changing room 
  • Said bring Sitton when RD was going through managers like they were going out if fashion. He'll get em playing and, if he can't, he'll fight them
  • Gribbo said:
    Said bring Sitton when RD was going through managers like they were going out if fashion. He'll get em playing and, if he can't, he'll fight them
    Even at 61 he could probably take our current set of spineless cowards on two at a time. 
  • He’s a London cabbie now 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Gribbo said:
    Said bring Sitton when RD was going through managers like they were going out if fashion. He'll get em playing and, if he can't, he'll fight them
    Even at 61 he could probably take our current set of spineless cowards on two at a time. 
    then jump in the way end to have a 'warm down' 
  • I think every Charlton manager needs to have a bit of Charlton within them. They all need to have played for our club - so they understand it.

I rate Neil Warnock and if he wasn't at Boro, I would have him at the valley.

I do get an unfortunate assumption that he would instantly just be shit at Charlton, even though his CV ticks every box. He has no previous association with us. Just wouldn't work 

We are an unusual (sometimes kind of weird) club. 

Curbs....what you up to these days?

• Sponsored links:

• Well its past 4pm, looks like we have Nige in charge for Fleetwood at least. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Well its past 4pm, looks like we have Nige in charge for Fleetwood at least. 
    It's only 9.25 in Colorado - maybe TS is having a lie in!
  • se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    For those arguing Curbs is not the answer worth remembering that Graham Taylor went back to Watford at the age of 52 and took them from League One to the Premier League in a couple of seasons.

The fact you have to go back to the late 90s shows how rarely it happens.

If you give JJ and Euell a go as caretakers we can see if they get an instant reaction.

If Curbs comes in he’ll have to get plenty of time to turn it around. Imagine if he doesn’t and he oversees our first ever relegation to the fourth tier, in the season we named a stand after him.

We need to look back at the type of managers promotion winning clubs at this level have appointed. Most are on the younger side and look to play modern passing football, the way a lot of these players would have played in their academy sides.
    I doubt Euell would want it on a caretaker basis.

I really hope the people who are in charge of drawing up the shortlist of candidates have a slightly broader view of the market than simply current employees.
    Unfortunately the people you are talking of are the same ones that helped to create this situation. 
  • shirty5 said:

Wonder if Curbs was there!!!!
  • Anyone who wants a bit of positivity/good omen.

Ipswich season ticket holder I work with:
    ”We were rubbish, then we played Bolton and they stuffed us 2-5 at home, after that they had a wake up call and have looked like a different team”

Its all I’ve got, and if NA is somehow still in charge for the foreseeable it’ll have to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• TS strikes me as a person that would fire Adkins in person, rather than over teams/Zoom etc. 

I suspect Adkins is in for Fleetwood. 
  • shirty5 said:

Great another three players that can manage 45 mins.  Why can none of our players do 90 mins?  
  • shirty5 said:

Great another three players that can manage 45 mins.  Why can none of our players do 90 mins?  
    Have you considered they may be on our bench this weekend. Playing them for 90 at risk of injury would be stupid. 
  • Chizz said:
    Adkins seems a really nice chap. I hope he's not out of a job for too long. 

Agree with that Chizz; Nigel is a nice man.

I really hope he gets a job with the Ramblers Association. Because walking really is brilliant but not during a 3rd tier football match.
  • robroy said:
    TS strikes me as a person that would fire Adkins in person, rather than over teams/Zoom etc. 

I suspect Adkins is in for Fleetwood. 

It would be rude of TS not to write a song about sacking Adkins. He'd need to perform it Infront of him. 
    A nice enthusiastic polite ya fired outro solo
  • I get the clamour for Curbs but this is a guy who is 64 in a few weeks and hasn't managed for over 13 years. I love the guy, but personally for me after so long out of the game he isn't the answer. 
    And remember how bad his football was in the last 12 months .. awful negative football went to West Ham and got found out big time  
    Blatant wumming, what do you get out of it?
    It takes all sorts, Elfs.
  • I get the clamour for Curbs but this is a guy who is 64 in a few weeks and hasn't managed for over 13 years. I love the guy, but personally for me after so long out of the game he isn't the answer. 
    And remember how bad his football was in the last 12 months .. awful negative football went to West Ham and got found out big time  
    Overkill on LOL's, the guy is on a mission..
  • So a young manager with player experience, a CAFC connection and proven at sorting out a squad near the bottom of this division? 

There is one out there…Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank.

I think I’m joking.

Interesting call weggie ?

Would JFH welcome back JFC,with a KFC !
    An extremely sticky keyboard I should imagine. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!