Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    this is the problem all names mentioned not one an improvement on NA … it’s no good giving it large about Adkins out if you can’t give a replacement who would do a better job .. there no one available in our range …. Do you really want Pulis Harris or Lennon ?? 

Mick McCarthy losing his job at Cardiff according to reports … ? But he on par with NA think NA record at this level is better 

so there the problem sack NA for who .. unless TS can bring someone in who better then leave it as it is 

I want a young, dynamic manager with fresh ideas and a pleasing style of play. I have no idea off the top of my head who, I don't follow closely enough who is doing well and who their manager is and it's thankfully not my job to do so, but Duff has got Cheltenham up and they played nice football against us the other week but do they do that regularly or were we just crap making them look good I don't know, Bolton passed the ball nicely last night, played out from the back, created chances, took their goals well and for a promoted side are doing well so could Evatt be a possibility? Anyway, not a McCarthy or Harris etc etc. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Hes still here as of 11am. When do owners normally sack managers, first thing in the morning or at midday?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    Hes still here as of 11am. When do owners normally sack managers, first thing in the morning or at midday?
    It's only 4.00am where TS is - I reckon a press release around 4.00pm UK time.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    It's only 4.00am where TS is - I reckon a press release around 4.00pm UK time.
    Ah yes, with that time differential it was probably never on the cards for him to get the boot right after the game either. 
  • Options
    Reckon he'll do it by the medium of song -

https://youtu.be/iDrhXvs32OA
  • Options
    Personally, I think it's gone too far now and NA should be removed. 10 games is enough time to see when something is going REALLY wrong, and not just a temporary drop in form.

Jackson and Euell can take charge for Fleetwood (and the Pizza game next week), which may or may not give a temporary boost

As for permanent choices, I'd rather go for someone on the way up, not someone on the way down, clinging on to their managerial career, which in retrospect is what the Adkins appointment feels like (ditto Slade). However dismal we may be on the pitch, compared to most L1 and L2 clubs we're still a really attractive job, with the resources and fanbase we have. There will be managers in L1 thinking that their clubs have reached their ceiling, where it's hard to go any higher and even if they do, they'll go straight down, whereas Charlton ought to be competitive in the Championship.
  • Options
    this is the problem all names mentioned not one an improvement on NA … it’s no good giving it large about Adkins out if you can’t give a replacement who would do a better job .. there no one available in our range …. Do you really want Pulis Harris or Lennon ?? 

Mick McCarthy losing his job at Cardiff according to reports … ? But he on par with NA think NA record at this level is better 

so there the problem sack NA for who .. unless TS can bring someone in who better then leave it as it is 

Mr Troll - we CAN say make a change without naming a replacement - as it’s not our job to sort this, it’s the owners! Leave as is? how many leagues do you want us to crash out of by leaving as it is?
  • Options
    There is no evidence as things stand that we will escape relegation, and nothing on the horizon that may help us.
    Do we simply stomach it?
  • Options
    Furiously scrolling twitter looking for the infamous corner flag accompanied by 'Club Statement'...nothing yet. 

Would assume if there is nothing by early afternoon, he will take the team Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he'd be gone by lunchtime today to be honest. 

He's gonna get another week by the looks of it 
  • Options

I think he may be here for longer than that.
  • Options

Its 5am where TS is, if it happens today it will probably be late arvo. 
  • Options
    I get the clamour for Curbs but this is a guy who is 64 in a few weeks and hasn't managed for over 13 years. I love the guy, but personally for me after so long out of the game he isn't the answer. 
    And remember how bad his football was in the last 12 months .. awful negative football went to West Ham and got found out big time  
    You aint all there are you pal 
  • Options

I think he may be here for longer than that.
    Yep, if he survives that debacle last night I'm not sure how bad it's got to get before he's sent packing.

Worrying.
  • Options
    I’m hoping it’s been done, just sorting out finances before the club release a statement thanking nigel for his hard work in taking the club forward. 
  • Options
    The last time I contributed on one of these type of threads was after the Swindon defeat under Phil Parkinson.

I commented « for a job interview (with the new board) it was a very bad night »

Last night was a very bad night.

The challenge however goes far deeper than just one night and one man.

It argues as to why Mr Sandgaard bought* the club in the first place

* In addressing this aspect can we dismiss this nonsense about other investors and an Administration rescuing our situation. It is utter nonsense.

The club is in a parlous state after a decade of abuse where Baton 2010 begat Jiminez (property) begat Duchâtelet ( property) begat ESI (fuck knows). Different folks, different playbooks, different agenda.

We are diminished. The Stadium, Training Ground are no longer ours. Nobody was going to pay the asking price. ESI was allegedly « the get out of jail » card RD bought. Trading liabilities are gone. Ex directors can wait. Leverage is done.

Mr Adkins? The challenge is far deeper than just one night and one man.

NA is an extremely well qualified coach and a very decent guy.  So please keep your one dimensional playground juvenile insults to yourself.

It starts with the simple question of just how and why is, for an important League 1 fixture, £1mn of talent and probably a very expensive loanee not on the pitch.
    The club has invested in Arter, Kirk, Stockley, Jaiyesimi. It is not a good look.

Sandgaard spent considerable money in legal expertise and other areas acquiring the club. I suspect he did research into a sustainable business model.

TS, GR, SG, NA and SA all signed into the business model.

TS has implemented;
    - a new recruitment team
    - new recruitment analytics and procedures
    - a new one club culture evidenced by 51 full professional contracts

After a decade of chaos he is intent on stability and sustainable growth.

The ambition is rarely the problem. It is a matter of how and when you implement change.

It was debatable whether you implement all of the new elements at this time.

I wouldn’t have. I regarded the brand as too weak, the infrastructure too fragile, the culture too febrile. Years of neglect driven by poisonous self interest can creep into the very fibre of the business.

Each & every one of those elements will present significant challenges to any Head Coach at any time.

We missed 4 key preseason milestones NA was on a hiding to nothing.

Does TS? Do we have a right to expect better from NA, JJ, JE and the players?

Absolutely, but it is foolish to ignore the mitigating circumstances to simply blow it all up and start all over again after 10 weeks. Stability? Revolving doors?

A new manager? With his staff? With his players? With 51 contracts on the books? Have you got a price tag with that? Do you remember Dowie? Pardew? We watched them fritter away a decade of growth before our very eyes.

You want to continue the chaos of 2008/ 2009? Peninsular Dev. Opps? 2011 /2012? Liege player dumps 2014? Player trading punts 2015/2016? Stakeholder Wars 2017/2018? Investment pipe dreams & Luxury Cars 2019/2020?

I recognise the pain but the next steps are key to the existence of the club.

If Adkins goes who else in the EFL is going to sign into the business model?

If you are going to rip up the business model where next for Sandgaard?

Murray, Chappell, The 25, Jiminez, Duchâtelet, ESI, Sandgaard how many more? 

TS, GR, SG, NA and SA need to revisit the business model, it’s timings and operations to find a way forward. Whether NA still has a role to play and what role that maybe will come out of those discussions.

The entire process appears to be far more complicated than it needs to be. Complexity confuses people. The players appear palpably confused.

As with every success and failure what’s done is done. There are 3 questions;
    a) is Adkins equipped with the skills and resources to take us forward.
    b) is Adkins the best person to take us forward within a revised business model

if not who is? I am not sure there is a readily available answer.
    Whatever TS decides he can't leave NA in charge much longer if there are no signs of improvement.
    We can't risk getting involved in a relegation battle.

TS has to have a timescale.
  • Options
    Hopefully it's just the time difference to Colorado holding up the news. Can't believe he's going to get Saturday at Fleetwood too after last night's debacle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    GOD, I hope that Thomas has set an early alarm call back in Colorado, and gets the deed done asap, we can't keep on with the same rhetoric of the "one more game" stuff any more..and while he is at it some serious reading of the riot act to JJ and Jason will be needed.
    Let's at least try and get some stability back into the club , we can't go to Fleetwood in the same vain hope that it will be alright on the night, 'cos it clearly won't be..this club is dying on it's feet and it sickens me to see this happening..
  • Options
    Sometimes it’s best to sleep on making a decision like TS has to make, be that back or sack. I’m glad it’s not been a knee jerk off the back of last nights result. I’m hoping Thomas is at this point looking for good advice (Curbishley and Varney) before doing anything.
  • Options
    Can't believe NA is still here, keep refreshing this expecting an announcement

the romantic in me wants JJ to get the job and I hope he's got his own (different) style and ideas and is able to drag us out of this mess. It'll elevate his already god like status
  • Options
    Hoof it - I respect your view but if the issue is bigger than Adkins then you ultimately change nothing. 
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    I get the clamour for Curbs but this is a guy who is 64 in a few weeks and hasn't managed for over 13 years. I love the guy, but personally for me after so long out of the game he isn't the answer. 
    And remember how bad his football was in the last 12 months .. awful negative football went to West Ham and got found out big time  
    You aint all there are you pal 
    Just ignore him - he purely posts to get a reaction out of people. Once he does he has a crafty w@nk at home to celebrate. Pure WUM.
  • Options
    Hoof it - I respect your view but if the issue is bigger than Adkins then you ultimately change nothing. 
    And it almost certainly is.
  • Options
    It’s time you clown, it’s time.  
    Really don’t think shit like this is very helpful or necessary.
    It can't make matters much worse tbf. Only one further place to drop. Smashed 4-1 at home by a club that was in freefall last few years and looked poor.
  • Options
    There is a pattern emerging, since TS has taken over two well respected mangers have seemed to have lost the plot and acted out of character, trying strange formations and continually chopping and changing the team with terrible results on the pitch. I’ve no idea if that’s because of TS, Roddy, poor recruitment or just a coincidence but something in the grand plan is not working at the moment. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!